The Friendly Derby

Noodles34

It's the first time he's given it away, the first two times he took it past their player easily.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

One time he beat his man, another time, he played an errant pass after dîckîng around in the corner.

I’ve been nervous whenever he’s touched the ball as he wants too much time on it and keeps coming inside.

Edited by shurlock

Our own fault not just Hoedt we played FAR too many backwards passes and we encouraged the press and it cost us. Davis should have clipped the ball up the line. But with Austin up there - we have nothing to try and get in behind. IMO we need to take off JWP/Austin at some point.

Agree.

It looked like a foul on Hoedt in the buildup to me.

Come on Saints!

People calling for JWP off are definitely watching a completely different game to me, he has put in a number of good deliveries so far in this game.

I think Romeu (having a good game defensively) and Davis are slowing our advance though, we are missing Lemina or Højbjerg to link play going forward, reverting to sideways and backwards passing in this area.

Hoedt was looking poor before that goal and has to take responsibility for it, very weak.

Boufal missed a great chance near the end, and Austin had a nice header off of a JWP cross that the goalie saved. Outside of that we had a lot of possession but didn't do much. Hoedt looked poor. He almost gave up a goal earlier when he let the forward get inside him for a header, nice save by FF though, and then he did give when up with his screw up.

Not blaming Hoedt for that. I want to know who was the central midfielder that passed it back. There were only 2 players between him and forster so he must have had 7 options between him and the Bournemouth goal. But he chose to play it backwards despite having no one on him and ample time to look down field. Absolute tosser whoever it was. No need to go backwards at all and we got punished for such negative play. Looked like it was either davis, ward prowse or romeu

Looked good for 15 mind and then back to the generally dithering negative football we’ve had all season. Either Davis or jwp off for lemina please.

Oh.. and should be 2 down. Absolutely got away with one there with the penalty shout

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not blaming Hoedt for that. I want to know who was the central midfielder that passed it back. There were only 2 players between him and forster so he must have had 7 options between him and the Bournemouth goal. But he chose to play it backwards despite having no one on him and ample time to look down field. Absolute tosser whoever it was. No need to go backwards at all and we got punished for such negative play. Looked like it was either davis' date=' ward prowse or romeu[/quote']

It was Davis, but that doesn't absolve Hoedt for his complete ****ing stupidity.

People calling for JWP off are definitely watching a completely different game to me, he has put in a number of good deliveries so far in this game.

I think Romeu (having a good game defensively) and Davis are slowing our advance though, we are missing Lemina or Højbjerg to link play going forward, reverting to sideways and backwards passing in this area.

Hoedt was looking poor before that goal and has to take responsibility for it, very weak.

I've seen one cross from open play. The rest of his game has been awful - tell me what I'm missing in his game?

Game is fairly unsurprising considering how defensive our midfield is . Prowse and davis doing their typical sideways and backward passing and losing possession . Only looked good last week due to the space Everton gave us .

Mopo really hasn't learned anything at all .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

We don't look like we have a clue how to win this. Lots of tippy tappy stuff in out own half only leads to misplaced confidence about how good we are. Hoedt dallied on the last ball he had to deal with, bringing us under pressure and the very next ball he has he loses it. It was only going to end in one place. Bournemouth deservedly lead and should of had a penalty as well. If we don't change drastically in the second half we are going to get a mauling.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Not blaming Hoedt for that. I want to know who was the central midfielder that passed it back. There were only 2 players between him and forster so he must have had 7 options between him and the Bournemouth goal. But he chose to play it backwards despite having no one on him and ample time to look down field. Absolute tosser whoever it was. No need to go backwards at all and we got punished for such negative play. Looked like it was either davis' date=' ward prowse or romeu[/quote']

Lol. Only one person to blame you idiot

We need to get Gabbi in for someone and team him up top with Austin. The issue with the 1 striker with us is that it means we have midfielders running into forward positions, and they aren't scorers. I'd rather go 2 upfront and have two guys who can score there.

Think Romeu and Davis are a horrible combination for a midfield axis. Both would work with Hojbjerg or Lemina, as either of those two look to get the ball forward. As a pair Romeu is slow and Davis crab passes us to death, killing all momentum.

We're getting done in midfield and at right back; Pied is pretty poor at this level as he lacks pace and refuses to play the ball forward. Ward-Prowse has actually made some decent runs in between Ake and Smith, but Pied just drops it off square.

Austin is only useful if we can dominate possession in their half which we are failing to, a mixture of no pace on the flanks, crab passing from Davis and Pied and no width from Bertrand. Manager needs to earn his money at half time and sort this rubbish out.

Really poor - Bournemouth deservedly ahead, should've had a penalty too.

Zero counterattacking threat due the sloth-like make up of our forward line. Pretty grim viewing.

Even without his mistake, Hoedt hasn't been impressive - badly caught flatfooted by Ake in a carbon copy of his goal in this fixture last season.

Where do we go from here?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk