Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1118

Thread: Guido Carrillo - Loaned to Leganes: Official

Does Pellegrino's departure suggest the return of Carrillo to St. Mary's in January, given that his best mate is no longer around at Leganes to cover up his utter uselessness?

Quote Originally Posted by captainchris View Post
    Whilst this is an element we have had a serious issue with player selection and obviously do not - have not had the correct skill level at the club to recognise a very good player when buying in.
    Looking at the under 23s this week this issue is reflected right through the first team squad and the under 23s who donít have a single player within touching distance of the first team squad and I wouldnít expect those players to cost 30m.
    The quality or lack of it on show was truly atrocious against Blackburn. Maybe this is coaching maybe itís poor recruitment but we have one hell of a mountain to climb before we are anywhere near where we need to be as an organisation.
    I have mentioned this myself. Iam not sure how good somebody like Jaidi is as a coach. IMHO he is not the type of ex player that I would expect to coach kids a silky game. I dont want to be unfair but it seems to me that Les really didnt leave a good academy behind. Perhaps he only employed people who read his coaching manual

Quote Originally Posted by SaveloyMush View Post
    Does Pellegrino's departure suggest the return of Carrillo to St. Mary's in January, given that his best mate is no longer around at Leganes to cover up his utter uselessness?
    HCDAJFU

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    Perhaps he only employed people who read his coaching manual
    More likely that he believed/assumed that anyone who read his coaching manual would have everything they needed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    HCDAJFU
    Sweeping up the car park ?

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

How on earth are we going to shift him now? Probably best just to pay him off to go ASAP. Worst signing in our history?

God the club have signed a load of guff over the last 3 years. Spend the January budget (if there is one) in paying these c**ts off. Let's start again.

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    How on earth are we going to shift him now? Probably best just to pay him off to go ASAP. Worst signing in our history?
    I would say so, mainly because it was so bloody obvious to anyone with half a brain that he was useless.

Here's hoping either Boca or River take him off our hands at a huge loss to us at best :/

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    God the club have signed a load of guff over the last 3 years. Spend the January budget (if there is one) in paying these c**ts off. Let's start again.
    Paying them off won’t achieve anything, we’re better off loaning them out even if we cover 90% of the wages.

What an absolutely ridiculous signing this was, surely got to be up there with the worst signings ever by any club. THis isn't even hindsight talking looking at his track record 26 years old and had only ever scored more than 10 goals in a season once, in the Argie league, signed by a manager who the Chairman openly admitted they'd considered sacking several times before the signing, then they did a few weeks later, he was never going to be the answer. For £5m he might have been worth a gamble but £20m just incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    The black box is a room full of videos. Presumably somebody must have watched videos of Vestergaard before we signed him. And anyone who watched him play in a match for us when he first arrived would have noticed how slow and unathletic he was so it's surprising that if we had an actual scout watching him play before we parted with so much money for him, he didn't notice Vestergaard's obvious deficiencies.

At the time we signed him I had a look at a few videos of him and my conclusion was "From what I've seen of him on videos, his lack of pace is a real cause for concern. Also, perhaps because he is so tall, and doesn't need to, he's not very good at jumping."

I'm not saying I'm a particularly talented scout because anyone who watched him play, even on videos, would have noticed the same deficiencies that we all have now that we've seen him play.

The signing of such players as Carrillo and Vestergaard indicates there is something seriously amiss in the club's current recruitment setup.
    Money has been frittered away on players like Vestergaard and Carrillo who were clearly not good enough for the Premier League. About £100 million in transfer fees and wages has been poured straight down the drain on substandard players that no other Premier League club, with anyone with any common sense in their recruitment department, would want. That's where we need to start. It's no use giving our current recruitment department money to spend in January as they are more than likely to waste it.

13. Default

Carrillo gets a double as Leganes win 4-0 away at Murcia in the Copa del Rey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Carrillo gets a double as Leganes win 4-0 away at Murcia in the Copa del Rey.
    Bit like beating Skates. Can score against 3rd level team.

Did Barcelona sign the wrong forward from Leganes?

Quote Originally Posted by HarvSFC View Post
    Did Barcelona sign the wrong forward from Leganes?
    Hes still ours, if they’d have wanted him for 15 million I’d have ripped their arm off! More pressure on him to score at Leganes now of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    What an absolutely ridiculous signing this was, surely got to be up there with the worst signings ever by any club. THis isn't even hindsight talking looking at his track record 26 years old and had only ever scored more than 10 goals in a season once, in the Argie league, signed by a manager who the Chairman openly admitted they'd considered sacking several times before the signing, then they did a few weeks later, he was never going to be the answer. For £5m he might have been worth a gamble but £20m just incompetence.
    Very true one of the worst signings in the last 30 years

18. Default

Ross Wilson in a nutshell. Total fraud.

Must have been a brown envelope job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Must have been a brown envelope job.
    Nah......free use of a Super Yacht tied up to the Harbour side at the swimming pool for the Monaco Grand Prix weekend - and just to sweeten the deal a steady stream of scantily clad eye candy wafting up and down the decks serving Verve Cliquot bubbles from dawn to dusk.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D7D5BD1-D5F1-4D7F-8CB0-7E2454F21574.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	2862

Strange rule over in Spain, now Leganes have lost their top scorer and can't replace him!

23. Default

Carrillo started for Leganes earlier who lost 1-0 at Celta Vigo.

Celta had 10 men for 70 mins.

You watch him bang them in now its his time to shine ..........

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Carrillo started for Leganes earlier who lost 1-0 at Celta Vigo.

Celta had 10 men for 70 mins.
    And Leganes started with 10 men.

Think we will need to give him a free transfer

Get him off the wage bill. We paid £20m for him so his wages are likely to be 80-100k a week

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Get him off the wage bill. We paid £20m for him so his wages are likely to be 80-100k a week
    Too obvious. Standards are slipping.

Mr Carrillo may not be so keen, I think it unlikely he'll give up his reported 80-100K a week. A final loan with us paying a vast percentage of his wages is the only way this one will go

Get him off the wage bill.
    We paid £20m for him so his wages are likely to be 80-100k a week
    It doesn't really get him off the wagebill, as you'd have to pay him those contracted wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    It doesn't really get him off the wagebill, as you'd have to pay him those contracted wages.
    My point is a free transfer might persuade a club to match his current high wages

a club might agree to pay £16.5m (assuming 80k wages) to him over 4 years rather than 16.5m wages + transfer fee

31. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    Nah......free use of a Super Yacht tied up to the Harbour side at the swimming pool for the Monaco Grand Prix weekend - and just to sweeten the deal a steady stream of scantily clad eye candy wafting up and down the decks serving Verve Cliquot bubbles from dawn to dusk.
    I can see why he was tempted then, if you put it that way.

My point is a free transfer might persuade a club to match his current high wages

a club might agree to pay £16.5m (assuming 80k wages) to him over 4 years rather than 16.5m wages + transfer fee
    Can’t see why any other club would offer him high wages, free transfer or not......

Quote Originally Posted by SW5 SAINT View Post
    Can’t see why any other club would offer him high wages, free transfer or not......
    Because clubs look at deals as the whole package. Transfer fee + salary over length of contact.

If we give him away for nothing, the £5-10m we might have got for him would cover his salary (let’s say £50k a week, probably about what he’s on) for 2 - 3 years.

I have accepted he is ****ing useless and just expect he will be on the books until his contract is over

35. Default

Presumably his salary is being mitigated by being on loan.

We definitely need to see him as a liability on the books, not an asset.

However, we still have the right to put him in the U23s for the rest of his contract if we want to, right?

Was chatting to a Leganes fan tonight he said ďhe fits inĒ not in a good way, suffice to say he thinks him and pellegrino are utter sh1te and canít believe we paid £20m for him

37. Default

Was chatting to a Leganes fan tonight he said “he fits in” not in a good way, suffice to say he thinks him and pellegrino are utter sh1te and can’t believe we paid £20m for him
    Not sure many of us can believe we actually paid £20m on him either.

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Not sure many of us can believe we actually paid £20m on him either.
    Not that I know but I wonder if we did pay that much in the end? A lot of these deals are based on games played, achievement, etc. etc. He hardly played for us and achieved square root of FA. Possibly why we loaned him to "small" side - he does not earn his extra payment, and we get some - however small contribution to his wages. No doubt we make a loss on him but maybe not the full £20M and 3 years (or however long his contract is) of wages.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Because clubs look at deals as the whole package. Transfer fee + salary over length of contact.

If we give him away for nothing, the £5-10m we might have got for him would cover his salary (let’s say £50k a week, probably about what he’s on) for 2 - 3 years.
    My point is why would anyone, and it really is only the EPL that can afford these sort of wages, pay Carrillo 50k a week....

Reality is he’s likely on MORE than 50k a week too!

our wage bill from the accounts in 2018 showed total wages at c£115m

if you assume 90% of that (c£104m) goes to the first team squad and everyone (25 players) is paid equally then it’s 104m / 25 / 52 = 80k pw each

now the likes of Obafemi and Valery are not going to get 80k PW so that raises the others average

#thanksLes

My point is why would anyone, and it really is only the EPL that can afford these sort of wages, pay Carrillo 50k a week....
    Exactly. Anything else is ridiculous. There are 2 likely scenarios and 1 that is a bit more remote:

1. He goes out on loan (again) with us paying the vast majority of his wages
    2. He reaches a settlement with the club, which results in the club 'paying up' pretty much all of the last year of his contract.
    3. Nothing can be settled and he ends up staying at St Mary's for the final year and makes a couple of appearances as a substitute in the early rounds of the Carabao Cup.

I honestly don't know why the club don't write a couple of these players off as losses now. I don't mean end their contracts, I mean let them go for 'free'. So there is no charge to buy the player, but the buying club will use the transfer money saved to supplement the player's loss in Saints wages. It's a win win surely? Saints get rid of these useless, idiotic signings that are harming the club, the players move on and the buying club gets a player more cheaply.

Looking to make ANY sort of transfer fee for this lot (Carillo, Lemina, Ely-can't be bothered to spell him name, etc) is ludicrous. The latter admittedly is the player most likely to see some sort of small fee.

Blog Entries

I honestly don't know why the club don't write a couple of these players off as losses now. I don't mean end their contracts, I mean let them go for 'free'. So there is no charge to buy the player, but the buying club will use the transfer money saved to supplement the player's loss in Saints wages. It's a win win surely? Saints get rid of these useless, idiotic signings that are harming the club, the players move on and the buying club gets a player more cheaply.

Looking to make ANY sort of transfer fee for this lot (Carillo, Lemina, Ely-can't be bothered to spell him name, etc) is ludicrous. The latter admittedly is the player most likely to see some sort of small fee.
    Because these players don’t want to leave and prefer being difficult.

Supposedly we turned down permanent bids for Lemina and Carillo because we wanted to try and make a profit on the transfer fee, which is absolutely insane. Lemina wanted to move but Carillo wanted to stay in Europe so I get why we couldn't sell him but if we are seriously trying to make money on players who we overpaid for in the first place then it's crazy.

Supposedly we turned down permanent bids for Lemina and Carillo because we wanted to try and make a profit on the transfer fee, which is absolutely insane. Lemina wanted to move but Carillo wanted to stay in Europe so I get why we couldn't sell him but if we are seriously trying to make money on players who we overpaid for in the first place then it's crazy.
    Yeah, but we did land man on the moon

So no clubs outside of the PL can afford a total player package of £5-10m? Donít talk nonsense.

Wanting to pay a very very poor player £50k a week is a different argument, but giving him away for nothing makes it affordable for pretty any club in the top 2 tiers across Europe.

Supposedly we turned down permanent bids for Carillo because we wanted to try and make a profit on the transfer fee, which is absolutely insane. L
    According to...?

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Not that I know but I wonder if we did pay that much in the end? A lot of these deals are based on games played, achievement, etc. etc. He hardly played for us and achieved square root of FA. Possibly why we loaned him to "small" side - he does not earn his extra payment, and we get some - however small contribution to his wages. No doubt we make a loss on him but maybe not the full £20M and 3 years (or however long his contract is) of wages.
    That's what I thought. Very much doubt it was £20m up front and plenty on appearances. Even Les wouldn't have been that daft surely in saving face on Pellegrino? Still probably 8-9 million lost plus the wages. How long left on his deal now? If it's 12 months then a free transfer and a contribution is probably the way to go. If La Liga's basement side don't want him after sacking the nervous wreck, he's going to be hard to shift. Might do a job for one of the new MLS franchises?

Because not only do we have to pay off his contract in full, we also would take the hit on the entirety of his remaining book value as amortisation. From an accounting perspective we havenít yet Ďpaidí the £20m it cost to sign him, we pay that off bit by bit every year by writing his value down incrementally to zero at the of his contract. End his contract early, it costs you his full book value and whatever agreement you come to with the player for wages

It may well be that it was because it was January. Letting another year of the contract anniversary go past and then selling makes more sense as amortisation reduces the loss / potentially pushes into profit.