Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 1,101 to 1,118 of 1118

Thread: Guido Carrillo - Loaned to Leganes: Official

Quote Originally Posted by labibs View Post
    Because not only do we have to pay off his contract in full, we also would take the hit on the entirety of his remaining book value as amortisation. From an accounting perspective we haven’t yet ‘paid’ the £20m it cost to sign him, we pay that off bit by bit every year by writing his value down incrementally to zero at the of his contract. End his contract early, it costs you his full book value and whatever agreement you come to with the player for wages
    I didn't see this post before I responded to Turkish, but yes, amortisation and timing of transfers makes a huge difference. It's an odd concept that a million less for Carillo in the summer (after the next contract anniversary) is worth more to us than selling him for a million more last month.

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    I didn't see this post before I responded to Turkish, but yes, amortisation and timing of transfers makes a huge difference. It's an odd concept that a million less for Carillo in the summer (after the next contract anniversary) is worth more to us than selling him for a million more last month.
    I don't want to get into an Accounting debate but I suggest his transfer fee must have been pretty much written off already. You can't buy a bloke for, say, 18M over a 3 year contract and write the value down by 6M a year if he isn't playing and the prospect of him doing so is practically zero. He is what would be called in the trade an 'impaired asset.' The club will have/should have written off that fee much quicker reflecting his value to the club over the remainder of his contract - zero.

Finally, cash flow is equally important (at least) here so regardless if you have something you're not going to use you get rid ASAP for as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ludgershallsaint View Post
    I don't want to get into an Accounting debate but I suggest his transfer fee must have been pretty much written off already. You can't buy a bloke for, say, 18M over a 3 year contract and write the value down by 6M a year if he isn't playing and the prospect of him doing so is practically zero. He is what would be called in the trade an 'impaired asset.' The club will have/should have written off that fee much quicker reflecting his value to the club over the remainder of his contract - zero.

Finally, cash flow is equally important (at least) here so regardless if you have something you're not going to use you get rid ASAP for as much as possible.
    If it was a 3 year deal and he's been here for 3 years then yes the fee will have been written off. I assumed the deal still had time to run but I might be wrong.

Is there provision for deeming a football player an impaired asset? I've never heard of it happening. A knackered tractor on a farm, yes, but a footballer who's turned out to be ****, I'm not sure about.

I take your last point but if we are offered similar money in the summer as we could have got in January, and after another chunk has been amortised, it obviously makes sense.

Either way he's a donkey and signing him was appalling business.

Is there provision for deeming a football player an impaired asset?.
    Yes there is, amortisation of player contracts are subject to the same rules as other intangible assets. When the 30/6/2019 accounts are published (last set I can find are as at 30 June 201 it'll be interesting to see if they have written down any player contracts.

I agree, signing him was appalling business but am convinced the only way he leaves before the end of his contract (30/6/21) is if we hand him the majority of his remaining wages.

Quote Originally Posted by ludgershallsaint View Post
    Yes there is, amortisation of player contracts are subject to the same rules as other intangible assets. When the 30/6/2019 accounts are published (last set I can find are as at 30 June 201 it'll be interesting to see if they have written down any player contracts.

I agree, signing him was appalling business but am convinced the only way he leaves before the end of his contract (30/6/21) is if we hand him the majority of his remaining wages.
    Yep, we'll have to give him away and pay up a chunk of his wages. Horrific.

Company year end is June so we should see accounts end of March - tgey'll be interesting in many respects.

6. Default

Scored the equaliser as Leganes drew 1-1 with Alaves.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    His first league goal of the season, I believe. Give enough donkeys enough footballs ....

Ex Belgium, now IoW (I think it's still part of Europe, though!)

Maybe his value will increase by a few pence now ??

9. Default

Grabbed an assist for Leganes' 1st goal as they won 2-1 away at Villarreal.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

And hit the post.

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    And hit the post.
    And played very well

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    And hit the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    And played very well
    Terrible signing for us, but always pleased to see him doing well out on loan.

Certainly will get the opportunity with Braithwaite moving to Barca.

13. Default

A brief article. Nothing exciting.

https://apple.news/ARZH6hB24TxqwGi93h2t5Zw

Carillo and Long up front next season.

What could go wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    A brief article. Nothing exciting.

https://apple.news/ARZH6hB24TxqwGi93h2t5Zw
    I think the last sentence is the salient point though:

Unfortunately, the Argentine has not fared much better in LaLiga this season, scoring just a single league goal in nearly 1,000 minutes of action for the second-worst club in Spainís top-flight.

Not the sort of states that any team is going to want to shell out big bucks for.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Yep, we'll have to give him away and pay up a chunk of his wages. Horrific.

Company year end is June so we should see accounts end of March - tgey'll be interesting in many respects.
    A terrible bit of business by Saints again. I wonder..did Read receive bonuses and were they based on results?

Blog Entries

Scored the winner yesterday against Real Valladolid. Leganes won 2-1.

[Simulation]

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    I think the last sentence is the salient point though:

Unfortunately, the Argentine has not fared much better in LaLiga this season, scoring just a single league goal in nearly 1,000 minutes of action for the second-worst club in Spain’s top-flight.

Not the sort of states that any team is going to want to shell out big bucks for.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
    I noticed that as well. Trouble is we all knew he was sh!t, the only two who missed it were Wilson and Les Reed.