Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Mario Lemina - Loaned to Galatasaray: Official

1. Default

Exactly, what are these issues?? It seems (which of course could be totally wrong), he had too much Leminade one night and said that he'd done his 2 years and wanted to leave and move onwards & upwards, to which the club/manager seems to have acquiesced to (provided that it was at the right price - which is only fair given the outlay to acquire and keep him). That no one "upwards" wanted him, as the fault of his ego. I don't know, maybe clubs see this behaviour from a player who has hardly set the world on fire, and say "nah, too much hassle unless it's dirt cheap" which financially SFC cannot really accept.

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Exactly, what are these issues?? It seems (which of course could be totally wrong), he had too much Leminade one night and said that he'd done his 2 years and wanted to leave and move onwards & upwards, to which the club/manager seems to have acquiesced to (provided that it was at the right price - which is only fair given the outlay to acquire and keep him). That no one "upwards" wanted him, as the fault of his ego. I don't know, maybe clubs see this behaviour from a player who has hardly set the world on fire, and say "nah, too much hassle unless it's dirt cheap" which financially SFC cannot really accept.
    When clubs know he is unwanted and not even training with the squad, it puts them firmly in the driving seat.

Saints want a perm deal.

Clubs know we just want to get rid of him, so know in the end we will accept a ****y loan.

Incoming: ****y loan.

Ditto: Elyounoussi, Carrillo

It's kind of backfired on him hasn't it. He clearly thought he would be in much greater demand, but the lack of interest from the bigger clubs he was hoping to impress speaks volumes. It's been reported that he was told we would let him leave after two years, but I rather suspect it was more a case of "if you perform well and a big club comes in for you then after two years we won't stand in your way", rather than giving him any cast iron promises of any move at that time.

The way I see it, he now has two options. He can either cut his losses and accept a sideways (at best) move to a club like Besiktas, provided the club accept their offer of course, or he can buckle down and put in the required effort this season with us to earn a much more glamorous and lucrative offer next summer. Personally, I think he would be stupid to do anything other than the latter. Given his obvious talent and our lack of quality and depth in his position, it really wouldn't take much for him to force his way into our first team and become a regular starter. And if he can do that, and make his good performances the norm rather than the exception, then he will have a glut of offers much better than Besiktas come the end of the season.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    When clubs know he is unwanted and not even training with the squad, it puts them firmly in the driving seat.

Saints want a perm deal.

Clubs know we just want to get rid of him, so know in the end we will accept a ****y loan.

Incoming: ****y loan.

Ditto: Elyounoussi, Carrillo
    Yes, but the player also has to agree to it. So he might not fancy, for example, some Russian or Turkish club. Given that he is overly ambitious, maybe this too is an issue.

No interest in him yet according to Ralph in the press conference, although still hopeful a deal will materialise.

Probably rules out Monaco as an option...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...-31-8m-option/

just wish he'd p1ss off now,

we only want players who want to play for Saints and this fool was badly advised by his greedy agent, has burn't his bridges and any respect he had from the fans

clear off Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post

Probably, then again Lemina is not a particularly desirable acquisiton and we're probably asking for too much. Chelsea will no doubt be subsidising Bakayoko and Monaco won't buy him at the end of his loan there.

Re-integrate him.

Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    Re-integrate him.
    Yeah come on Ralph .. give him a hug & tell me everything will be OK !! The player we are desperately missing in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by IOWSaintDaz View Post
    just wish he'd p1ss off now,

we only want players who want to play for Saints and this fool was badly advised by his greedy agent, has burn't his bridges and any respect he had from the fans

clear off Mario
    When and how did he do that?

Re-integrate him.
    This...

The situation has been handled badly, to publically list players you want 'out' just sees no interest, until the final hours of play and not on the terms you want.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsLoyal View Post
    The situation has been handled badly, to publically list players you want 'out' just sees no interest, until the final hours of play and not on the terms you want.
    I thought it was he that said in the Press he was leaving and that he had no intention (Or never had intention) of staying

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post

And Arsenals’ Elneny is seemingly on his way to Besiktas so that option might be gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    And Arsenalsí Elneny is seemingly on his way to Besiktas so that option might be gone too.
    Seems to be glut of DMs that no one seems to want overmuch. Then again as long as the French Club Academies keep turning out 20 or so new ones every season you can understand why really.

17. Default

Deleted. Double post.
    Last edited by Greenridge; 30-08-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Re-integrate him.
    Agreed absolutely this

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    When and how did he do that?
    You must of missed his quotes in this report

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17...y-southampton/

Quote Originally Posted by IOWSaintDaz View Post
    You must of missed his quotes in this report

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17...y-southampton/
    Yeah I did. Thanks.

Never seems to stay anywhere for very long, think we're his 4th professional club at the age of 26 (well 26 next week anyway). Obviously loking for something that he'll probably not achieve. Probably needs to knuckle down and accept a bit less lofty goals.

Re-integrate him.
    Yep, no brainer. He needs to be in the shop window, we need quality in midfield.

23. Default

Seems bigger clubs have been interested but have not met our valuation.

Danger now is that clubs may come in but lemina may decide that as we blocked moves to big clubs he will stitch us up and sit tight on his big wages here.

I still think he's one of our best players, shame that we've not been able to come to a compromise. Get him playing again for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Seems bigger clubs have been interested but have not met our valuation.

Danger now is that clubs may come in but lemina may decide that as we blocked moves to big clubs he will stitch us up and sit tight on his big wages here.

I still think he's one of our best players, shame that we've not been able to come to a compromise. Get him playing again for us.
    He's not a sufficiently big player to do a VVD and sit back pending the next window, he needs to put himself in the window. Whether his ego allows him to understand that is another matter though.

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Yep, no brainer. He needs to be in the shop window, we need quality in midfield.
    yep and as he’s being paid a huge salary he might as well earn it, at least until 1 January

Quote Originally Posted by beatlesaint View Post
    yep and as he’s being paid a huge salary he might as well earn it, at least until 1 January
    His case is different to Austin, Carrillo, Forster. All these players even if they trained normally with us, would never get a game.
    Lemina on the other hand can at the very least contribute in the squad.

We are light in center mid, it is an absolute no brainer for me to get him involved again. But before doing that, you need to see in what state of mind he is in.
    This is where man mangement skills Ralph can do something...

27. Default

yep and as heís being paid a huge salary he might as well earn it, at least until 1 January
    Stats may prove me wrong (?), but when we played the same card with Van Dijk he (indirectly) refused to play ball...?

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Stats may prove me wrong (?), but when we played the same card with Van Dijk he (indirectly) refused to play ball...?
    Difference is clubs were genuinely interested in Van Dijk, the same canít be said of Lemina!

29. Default

Re-integrate him.
    I think your desperation for a decent midfielder is clouding your judgment/memory.

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    You're comparing a peach with a cabbage mate. Vvd was massively in demand and sulked until he got the move he had lined up. Lemina seemingly has nothing lined up so has to put himself on display.

31. Default

If he was set on staying for only 2 years to the point of refusing to play or even train properly, he should have stuck to his guns in negotiations and said he only wanted a 2 year contract. We would have walked away from the deal, but at least then we would have "stuck to what was agreed", as he says in his own words.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Billy View Post
    I think your desperation for a decent midfielder is clouding your judgment/memory.
    It really isn’t.

yep and as heís being paid a huge salary he might as well earn it, at least until 1 January
    Why would we be paying him if he says he doesnít want to play for us any more???
    I would have thought we will be saying to him you have until the of the European transfer window to find a club or you are leaving anyway as we will not pay you after that date. The contract should say that if you refuse to play we refuse pay, we retain your contract though mate...

Quote Originally Posted by captainchris View Post
    Why would we be paying him if he says he doesnít want to play for us any more???
    I would have thought we will be saying to him you have until the of the European transfer window to find a club or you are leaving anyway as we will not pay you after that date. The contract should say that if you refuse to play we refuse pay, we retain your contract though mate...
    Who says he's refusing to play?! I get that he wants a move, but that's completely different to going on strike. If you're suggesting that because you believe he's on strike that we should just bin him off, that's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by darren2 View Post
    I thought it was he that said in the Press he was leaving and that he had no intention (Or never had intention) of staying
    All the stuff in newspapers has been put there by Saints, all made up.

Lemina only has the hump because he is being publically forced out the door.

Not saying I don’t believe you, but how do you know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Toussaint View Post
    Not saying I donít believe you, but how do you know this?
    We are pretty decent at it

38. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Under Reed maybe. But hoping club has changed its ways now?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Under Reed maybe. But hoping club has changed its ways now?
    Sibley the snake has come a long way since being nik nak’s teaboy.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Sibley the snake has come a long way since being nik nak’s teaboy.
    There aren’t many journalists brave enough to ask the probing question “tell us how impressed you are by the facilities at Staplewood”. He’s the next Paxman!

Even the direct quotes from the player saying he had made the decision to leave and "there is no turning back" ?

I don't believe even the Daily Mail would sink so low as to print a completely made up quote like that, let alone the Echo.

That’s rubbish lad

Galatasaray loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    Galatasaray loan

I KNOW WHAT I CAN REACH AND I WILL FIGHT FOR IT #TonicLikeLeminade
    Not sure the two go together but reap what you sow and all that.
    Last edited by Badger; 01-09-2019 at 07:48 PM.

45. Default

Think the Leminade went a bit flat if Gala is where he's off to. TBH he should have known that Juve > Saints is hardly moving your career forward, so Gala rather than Man Utd is a natural progression (not wanting to put Gala down, its more on the wages front I refer to).
    Last edited by angelman; 01-09-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Have to feel that overall the only winners would be Galatasaray rather than Lemina and certainly not Saints.

Shame its ended like this, as talent wise he should be a starter in our team rather than loaned out for little financial benefit.

This scenario a year ago would have been laughed at. Shows how quickly things change in football.

Does the club run his official twitter account as well? Be amazed if that’s in his contract...

Default Mario Lemina

Was in Istanbul last night according to Turkish journos

Last edited by Give it to Ron; 02-09-2019 at 06:39 AM.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    Galatasaray loan

Champions League club, probably with enough money to buy him if he goes well - not the worst deal in the world.

Wish the midfield options we're left with weren't so threadbare, though.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk