Worst team ever
    Should have bought every player in the world in January
    Sell Smallbone, had too many chances
    Gunn back in goal please
    Unlimited rice pudding

Etc etc

the beginning of our limp to the end of the season. just like last year

3. Default

There's only so many key players you can lose before you stop being competitive in the Premier League. Losing our 3 most attacking players hurt us badly and there's not much the team can do about a goalkeeping error. Didn't quite work out today but we'll be back stronger for Newcastle.

4. Default

Bullied by a pretty average West Ham side. Defence and GK horrific, in midfield only Smallbone looked brave on the ball. Ralph's subs bizarre. Hoping for a decent clearout in the summer, far too much dross in the squad.

5. Default

Disappointing, but ending up 14th-ish with a safe gap to the drop zone would still mark a big improvement on the last two seasons,

It's one thing losing but this wasn't a surprise, not the result or the way it happened. Just knew it'd be a simple WH victory. We gave them the most simple, straightforward win they could imagine. We didn't match their effort, physical strength, concentration, nothing.

Such a pathetic display. Not sure if line up would have made a difference given the attitude, but it was a poor line up.

Just need to get a few wins and move on to next season. Serious work needed and I don't really want to see more lightweight players signed as it's such a weakness of ours. Desperately need a keeper, CB and RB we can rely on for a start. But it's probably time to give up on Boufal and Long too. Amazed how low people's keeper standards have fallen. McCarthy is consistently very average, easy to score past and makes some really dodgy decisions. Just aren't many, if any worse first choice keepers in the league so why are people surprised we concede loads? Defence isn't great no, but they don't have a keeper they can rely on either.

So frustrating this has to happen v West Ham so often. Genuinely think if they'd failed to win today, they'd have gone down. But this is a huge boost for them.

7. Default

I hate Wet Spam and Bumley. We always play really badly against them as well. Its almost as if our players know this and perform like a bunch of tossers against these teams just to troll me and ruin my weekend.

That was absolutely pathetic. Players and Hassanhuttl all over the place.

A few worrying signs in there for me. Bullied out of 6 points by a relegation struggler, looked clueless and panicky at the back again, lots of the ball without any purpose. Have the goals dried up for Danny? Big game next week against Newcastle, loose that and it'll be squeaky bum time (not that i think we'll go down), but any ambition we had will be purely about survival.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

10. Default

Played right into WHs hands again. Looping floaty crosses, ineffectual corners allowing them to break at pace, shocking at picking up runners and dodgy keeping.

Draw a line under it and move on.

On the virtually one occasion that Saints attacked with pace they scored. The rest of the game we spent much of the time passing the ball slowly around the back and then losing it when trying to edge forward. Then there was the lack of creativity in the attacking third.
    Typical home performance really.

The sooner we scrape 40 points the better.

Only positives are that that was without JWP in midfield, without a right back, without Ings, Djenepo and Redmond.

But fck me going from Van Dijk to these centre backs isn't fun to watch. I know half the teams in the league don't have decent CBs now but there has to be better options out there.

Boufal infuriates me when he refuses to pass where he should, instead goes for the glory ball and gives away possession.

Playing for himself and not the team.

Too many other poor performances. Not good enough in the centre of defence, very easy for them to get behind us.

We need JWP back in midfield next week.

Bit of a flat performance, like last year.

Farting about trying to play out for their first. McCarthy should of punched Haller for the 2nd. Les Read should have signed Antonio from Reading for the 3rd.

Nice goal from us, and a few other situations that were overworked.

Smallbone did well until a bad square ball, when he had forward options lead to their 2nd.

If Djenepo had been available, we might have been able to switch a back 3 with Bertrand when it became clear that Antonio was playing of Haller.

was terrible. 3-1 flattered us.

1 win in 6 & limping over the finishing line again it seems

We were decent, some good stuff played, but moved the ball too slowly at times. Really it was their size and power that were too much for us.

Like the home game against them; and the Burnley matches.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

One step forward two steps back with this squad. Every time you think they are starting to final improve as a team they put in another ****e performance like this.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Newcastle up next. They've failed to score in the league for 4 games.

Will we bend over for them too

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Newcastle up next. They've failed to score in the league for 4 games.

Will we bend over for them too
    and play a flat back 10.....we of course are woeful against such a set up......all be fixed in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    the beginning of our limp to the end of the season. just like last year
    Just like the season we finished 8th and had a cup final.

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    One step forward two steps back with this squad. Every time you think they are starting to finally improve as a team they put in another ****e performance like this.
    You've just taken the words out of my mouth. You just knew we'd go there today and put in a ****e performance. This lot really **** me off. A colleague has just said to me, "It must be really disappointing being a Saints fan. You win a couple of games, look really well organised and solid and potentially pushing for a top half finish. Then you go and put in really crap, gutless performances against teams who are below you in the league and look more like a team who will just about stay up."

Knowing Saints, we'll end up going into the last 3 games of the season needing wins in the Derbies against Brighton and Bournemouth, who will both be fighting for survival and will have a lot more fight than we seem to be able to muster.

I remember saying last season, why can't we just get the job done early and make things easy for ourselves? We constantly seem to shoot ourselves in the foot and end up limping over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Just like the season we finished 8th and had a cup final.
    The season we finished with 1 win from the last 9 and scored just 4 in the last 9 games?

Yes id call that a limp

Team needs a massive overhaul. One problem! Where's the money coming from.......

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    and play a flat back 10.....we of course are woeful against such a set up......all be fixed in the summer
    We are at our best when teams attack us mercilessly and the weather is perfect.

+ when the ref is fair and VAR has a successful day.

++ when we have a fully fit squad

We are at our best when teams attack us mercilessly and the weather is perfect.

+ when the ref is fair and VAR has a successful day.

++ when we have a fully fit squad
    Better than sheff United and Burnley on those days.

Quote Originally Posted by SOTONS EAST SIDE View Post
    Team needs a massive overhaul. One problem! Where's the money coming from.......
    It's not a problem, because it's not getting a 'massive overhaul'. A few players might come in, but that is dependent on what we can shift. Our owner has no money (no secret), we have to sell to buy.

Ralph back to his early season form, team selection and setup all over the place. Played into their hands.

Was sat 3 rows from the back, miles away from the pitch. **** day all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saints View Post
    Ralph back to his early season form, team selection and setup all over the place. Played into their hands.

To be fair, what more could he have done? We have **** all available to us and generally speaking, everyone other than Ings are pretty sh!t.

Hate playing West Ham, they haven’t beaten any other Premier league team as much as they’ve beaten us, it’s so predictable and unfortunately they are going to stay up and get to beat us again next season, two years in a row they’ve done the double over us.

Poor line up, as soon as I saw teams announced I had a few quid on West Ham just to profit from what we all knew was coming.

Next two games v Newcastle and Norwich, we need to be much better.

Blog Entries

How **** was Hojbjerg. We really need an athletic and powerful CM in the summer.

Not unexpected really, just reinforces the fact that the squad is poor, can't cope with a more physical opponent and mentally weak.

Plus throw in goalkeeping errors for good measure. How may Gk's is that now who have proven unreliable ? I thought that was to come to an end when Watson was moved sideways and a new GK coach came in apparently not.

Wedon'tsignsh!tkeepers;wecoachthemthatway#

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    How **** was Hojbjerg. We really need an athletic and powerful CM in the summer.
    New agent of course, all part of the master plan to earn a move to a Top6 club.

My god, some "fans" seem to really hate their club

Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Pointing out flaws of a club, which currently has many of them from top to bottom, doesn’t mean you hate the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Suhari View Post
    We were decent, some good stuff played, but moved the ball too slowly at times. Really it was their size and power that were too much for us.

Very much this. West Ham played like we were the home side, letting us have the ball and looking to spring on the break. Same result as many of our home games, some good stuff, a lack of real quality hidden by work rate and dodgy at the back.
    Didn’t help that quite a few had poor games.

Yep. We all know the issues. Constantly highlighting them ain't gonna change a thing.

Poor selection team. Poor performance. Beaten by the better and more motivated team. Move on and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Ralph seems pretty angry by his post match comments on the beeb

38. Default

We miss Redmond, and JWP at right back isn't working. Obi needs to put himself about a bit more to be an effective front man, and Boufal was poor. We did play some good football today in patches, but again defensive errors have cost us. We looked better with the back 3 switch but by that time WHU were more defensive it seemed. Thats 3 less than average performances in a row now (we wern't great v Villa). We aren't getting more players anytime soon and its a shame the momentum we had seems to have stalled a bit lately.

I expect us to beat Newcastle though

39. Default

........ F*** me Watford 2 up

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Yep. We all know the issues. Constantly highlighting them ain't gonna change a thing.

Poor selection team. Poor performance. Beaten by the better and more motivated team. Move on and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Do we all know though? At the end of the January window you said it was a good window and asked "what more do we need"

Since then we've dropped 5 league places, costing us cú10m in revenue and exited the FA Cup (lost revenue unknown)

Do we all know though? At the end of the January window you said it was a good window and asked "what more do we need"

Since then we've dropped 5 league places, costing us cú10m in revenue and exited the FA Cup (lost revenue unknown)
    and now we are playing our best midfielder at RB as a result!

Watford running riot

Quote Originally Posted by kyle04 View Post
    ........ F*** me Watford 2 up
    Errrrr 3 actually.....

Of course we do. What we need in terms of a proper rebuild, and what we needed (and could reasonably expect to actually get) mid season to get us through, are different things.

Today was a shocker, and highlighted our lack of size, strength and pace.

Lack of desire compared to west ham was very disappointing.

No doubt they would have scored a 2nd anyway but McCarthy’s misjudgment was very annoying.

Nice goal by obafemi about the only positive.
    Smallbone looks like a prospect but away to west ham was not the right setting imo.

You weren’t there were you. That’s fine.

The season is over but we were a disgrace today.

We’ll be fine but Jesus Christ that was bad.

West Ham didn’t even play well.

McCarthy will never be good enough, him on the second goal summed up our day, too weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Suhari View Post

That's how I saw it as I yawned my way round Harry Potter World with the Mrs whinging at me for watching a match stream on the phone. We just don't cope too well with direct teams with big hefty forwards do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saints View Post

Didn't think his team selection was all over the place at all. He's working with a wafer thin squad with injuries to key players, and gets **** all help from our esteemed owner.

We were poor, but its football, look at the other results today, Liverpool stunned by Watford, Chelsea only drawing with Bournemouth, if you aren't mentally on it in this league then it doesn't matter who you play you'll get beat.

It's just annoying this squad needs so many wake up calls, we seem to play our best football when the pressure is on and following up poor performances, West Ham wanted it more because they needed it more and our players performed like the season was already over, by his comments I expect Ralph will give them a massive kick up the arse this week.

But he shouldn't have to be doing that. Consistency is all over the place mainly because the players can seemingly raise themselves to really good levels for some games and not for others.