Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

On 07/11/2020 at 09:18, badgerx16 said:

And the Phew were clearly doing so well before the lockdown. 🙂

At least it gives the unfortunates - those sitting around Westwood as well as being Pompey fans - some nasal respite. A bit like the Fabreze advert, they’d probably gone nose blind at games. 

Michal wotsit is only saying that because his beloved PFC flopped in the play off semis again.

Plucky Pompey through to the second round of the FA Cup after SMASHING hopeless Ipswich 3-2 after extra time.

If we beat them 4-0 last year while in terrible form, what do we think the score would be in a repeat fixture? :)

After their traditional 1-1 draw against Oxford last night, Portsmouth are 4th in the league, although they have played more games than most teams.

December will be tough - they face Hull (1st) and Peterborough (2nd), Ipswich (5th) and Fleetwood (7th) and Blackpool (currently 15th but on a 5-game winning streak).

23 hours ago, Danbert said:

Factless Allen surpasses himself. Apparently Maradonna, really did almost sign for Portsmouth :mcinnes:

This just doesn't ring true...

Within days of his arrival, it emerged Maradona would also be landing at Fratton Park to work closely with boss Paul Hart.

Can you seriously have those two names in the same sentence...

For whatever reason, the appointment was never made, with Maradona remaining as Argentina boss until July 2010.

For whatever reason... how about because it's completely fanciful,a load of bollocks... and was never going to happen in the first place. Is that good enough reason ?

Can't believe any fuckwit of a local journalist would put his name to this.

For some unaccountable reason, the council still won't "buy into their vision" and the begging bowl remains empty. Such a shame the redevelopment of Fratton Park is "not in their hands." Still, there are plenty of people to blame: Network Rail, The Highways Agency, local residents, the local council and even the government!

All this is sadly preventing them bringing the old girl "into the 21st Century." But as Caitlin sagely points out, the government's probably got better stuff to be doing. He regrets that if their "problems prove insurmountable" they may have to remain a global 19th Century force...

I'd never have guessed.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/mark-catlin-explains-how-removal-final-pylon-will-impact-portsmouths-fratton-park-vision-3049208

2 hours ago, Chez said:

Christmas is saved. Factless Allen has written a fourth book about the skates: Pompey; The island city with a football club for a heart. 

Looks like no one has reviewed in yet on Amazon.

How did you manage to come across that?

8 hours ago, Picard said:

How did you manage to come across that?

Looking for the shittest Christmas gift possible for brother in law and my Google search term hit the fucking jackpot. I'm guessing it's got about 500 words, all one syllable, spread over roughly 300 pages, with plenty of photos of Kanu lifting the cup to help the reader recover from the inevitable Alan Knight, Guy Whittingham and Kevin Dillon wankfests. 

• Haha 1

On 19/12/2020 at 01:15, mack rill said:

I see the cheating skate feckers might be number one at crimbo:suspicious: 

Nestled impressively between Wycombe and Lincoln in the football pyramid.

I also noticed that if other teams below them win their games in hand (admittedly a couple of teams would need to make up some big differences in goal difference) Pompey wouldn't even be in the play-off places. Instead, they could be below Accrington Stanley.

1 hour ago, jawillwill said:

Nestled impressively between Wycombe and Lincoln in the football pyramid.

I also noticed that if other teams below them win their games in hand (admittedly a couple of teams would need to make up some big differences in goal difference) Pompey wouldn't even be in the play-off places. Instead, they could be below Accrington Stanley.

Who are they?