Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

McGeehan broke his leg whilst playing for Luton at Shit Park and was booed by the skates whilst being stretchered off. Missing the vital pen and providing the long awaited karma three and a half years later shows incredible patience on his behalf, but well worth the wait. Well done sir. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Chez said:

McGeehan broke his leg whilst playing for Luton at Shit Park and was booed by the skates whilst being stretchered off. Missing the vital pen and providing the long awaited karma three and a half years later shows incredible patience on his behalf, but well worth the wait. Well done sir. 

The karmic Force is certainly strong with that one 👍

12 hours ago, Chez said:

wow , I wish the commentators had picked that up.

20 minutes ago, Depressed of Shirley said:

Over on the Ugly Inside website, Nick Illingsworth's review of the league one play off second leg is pure genius.

I cant find it, could you post a link ? I really have trouble navigating that site it is a bit of a mess, but I suppose once you get used to the way it works its ok

Tip them for relegation next season with the salary cap coming in and most of their players out of contract anyway. They'll be scrambling to put a squad together cheaply in time to start the new season, with no cohesion or knowledge of the tactics required. 

On 07/07/2020 at 12:49, Chez said:

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

Wigan - the Portsmouth of the North.

Is that as blatant a case of money laundering that is ever likely to be witnessed?  One Hong Kong business owner (who owns a no-mark football club in the North) is owed money by another Hong Kong 'business' man who buys the club for £40m thus settling the debt and washing £40m worth of money in an instant.  A month later the new owner puts the club into administration because his debt is paid and he really doesn't want the hassle of running a football club or paying out more money!

Fishier than Pompey docks if you ask me!

11 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

It was also perfect that the only goal saved in the penalty shoot-out was by the Skates ex-keeper, and that the equalising goal that took the match to the penalty shoot-out was an own goal scored by Portsmouth. I can still remember  the hurt caused by the own goal scored by Leon Best against Derby in the play-offs all those years ago, so having one of your own do so much to assist your promotion failure has got to hurt.

On 07/07/2020 at 08:28, Shroppie said:

They've got 8 players out of contract and 4 loanees returning. Leaving a core of about 4 on which to build.

Surely that will be a positive for them. They wont have their wages to pay over the summer and there is going to be a big pool of free agents to choose from. I would suggest they wil come out stronger not weaker due to that

On 10/07/2020 at 21:18, stevegrant said:

Palace appear to be buying Alex Bass, their keeper who flapped and allowed Oxford's equaliser on Monday, so that'll probably ease a few financial issues. Talk of £2m, somehow.

Will get battered in the EPL.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, OldNick said:

Hey Mack, at least you have the guts to turn up, all the others (not that there are many nowadays) have slipped back under their stones

What happened to Corp Ho or whatever the name was, always amusing what he posted. Think he once linked Riquelme to Pompey.

On 16/07/2020 at 08:46, hypochondriac said:

Steve Rose? He ran off when people learnt his real name and occupation. 

What was his occupation? He used pvt message me ranting usually 'cause i'd sent him something as a windup. He would bite every time.

45 minutes ago, jawillwill said:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/mark-catlin-northern-clubs-will-appeal-more-players-portsmouth-under-salary-cap-proposals-2919671

Getting the excuses in early for why they'll finish below Fleetwood and Accrington Stanley next season...

The counter argument to this is that towns like Fleetwood and Accrington are right shitholes and that no right minded person would want to live there. Portsmouth on the other hand is ....

Sorry, I see the flaw in my argument. :lol:

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Like 1

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})