Wesley Sneijder for Saints?

Saint Fan CaM

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/18/football-transfer-rumours-wesley-sneijder-southampton

Southampton are done now, finished, old hat, yesterday’s news. Which makes them and Wesley Sneijder a match made in heaven. Ronald Koeman, who is basically finished as a manager now, wants to sign the Galatasaray schemer. He’ll have to hurry, though, the bulldozers will be circling St Mary’s soon.

:lol:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/18/football-transfer-rumours-wesley-sneijder-southampton

Southampton are done now, finished, old hat, yesterday’s news. Which makes them and Wesley Sneijder a match made in heaven. Ronald Koeman, who is basically finished as a manager now, wants to sign the Galatasaray schemer. He’ll have to hurry, though, the bulldozers will be circling St Mary’s soon.

:lol:

Hahaha, brilliant. Very droll.

I think the only link to us came from that fact that Koeman is dutch, and that they share the same agent. There was never anything more concrete than that! He's way out of our league if we're honest! He's a top international midfielder still at the prime years of his career.

I think the only link to us came from that fact that Koeman is dutch, and that they share the same agent. There was never anything more concrete than that! He's way out of our league if we're honest! He's a top international midfielder still at the prime years of his career.

...playing in Turkey.

Sneijder would certainly soften the blow of losing Schneiderlin in the summer.

We could then be able to lose Sneijder in the summer and Schneiderlin in the summer.

God help us when it comes to people spelling the guy's name right though. He'll be Schneider before you know it.

I'd say he was comfortably on the downhill slope from his 2010 peak, and exactly the kind of player we need. Right position, still an upgrade, strengthens the squad in our weakest position and potentially a nice "in" with the manager via the agent and nationality.

Koeman confirmed in press conference that we are interested but can't afford his wages so it's a no goer.

It still appeared Saints are interested, Koeman said similar things about Alderweireld before they signed him. If Sneijder doesn't get an offer from a huge club in January, perhaps he'd be willing to compromise on wages to play in the Premier League with us.

It still appeared Saints are interested, Koeman said similar things about Alderweireld before they signed him. If Sneijder doesn't get an offer from a huge club in January, perhaps he'd be willing to compromise on wages to play in the Premier League with us.

Yep, Big Ron said exactly that about Toby. And it seems a bit odd to start a sentence with "we are interested" and then say we can't afford him. Not that I think the signing is likely to happen, just seems an odd way of putting it.

Yep, Big Ron said exactly that about Toby. And it seems a bit odd to start a sentence with "we are interested" and then say we can't afford him. Not that I think the signing is likely to happen, just seems an odd way of putting it.

I'm sure we're also interested in Messi and Ronaldo too, but can't afford them either.

• 1 month later...

http://www.fanatik.com.tr/2015/01/29...undemde-410825

Koeman has changed its mind! Sneijder on the agenda again

Southampton England Premier League teams took Wesley Sneijder again on the agenda.

According to Habertürk, technical director Ronald Koeman 's his Southampton , Wesley Sneijder took the chance to trial decision. Previously, "Sneijder, we can not pay the salary," he changed the decision of the Dutch legend. Koeman, the government gave the report to only one missing is a virtuoso like Sneijder.Brits now preparing to play the door of Galatasaray. Yellow-Kırmızılılar before Juventus 's turned down the offer in excess of 10 million euros. Galatasaray 's 1.5 years more contracts with Wesley Sneijder, net 5 million won per year, including the yellow-red club to match the beginning and signature of money.Sneijder this season, Galatasaray jersey he scored 5 goals in 24 out official competitions and made ​​2 assists.

(Credit: Original link from Saint_Ash on HCDAJFU thread)

He's on a reported £2.5million-a-year at Galatasaray so he would have to take a massive pay cut if he came to us.

that's around £50K /week ...(if my maths is correct?), surely not so much more than the 40K we are supposed to be paying Ramirez and Osvaldo .

.......he has a genuine internatiional pedigree and must be worth it .

Unlikely to join, but a good progressive number 10 might enable us to play effectively without Pelle if he got injured. The reason we look so toothless without him is that although we have very quick alternatives, our MF isn't really equipped to retain possession in the attacking third.

Unlikely to join, but a good progressive number 10 might enable us to play effectively without Pelle if he got injured. The reason we look so toothless without him is that although we have very quick alternatives, our MF isn't really equipped to retain possession in the attacking third.

Yes but also we don't play anyone close enough to Pelle. When we get the ball to him he is too isolated. We are playing with two wide men and not enough bodies centrally. This is part of the reason we cannot keep possession.... It is also the reason Pelle cannot find a teamate quickly when he has the ball at his feet.

It is almost the polar opposite of Poch who flooded the pitch centrally and retained possession.

A compromise would help perhaps....

Yes but also we don't play anyone close enough to Pelle. When we get the ball to him he is too isolated. We are playing with two wide men and not enough bodies centrally. This is part of the reason we cannot keep possession.... It is also the reason Pelle cannot find a teamate quickly when he has the ball at his feet.

It is almost the polar opposite of Poch who flooded the pitch centrally and retained possession.

A compromise would help perhaps....

I suggest you watch a re-run of the Newcastle game....can you tell me why we are 3rd and our goal difference is so good if our tactics are so cr8p??

Were you captain of the Titanic?