• Højbjerg
    • Davis
    • Tadić
    • Redmond
    • Austin
    • Long
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Martina

1/ I think Redmond is interesting. If he gets his head around things, I see possiblities.

2/ If people think VVD will go for the same price as Stones?! Madness! He's worth at least 10 $clongs.

3/ Sign everyone up on 5 year deals now. Apart from Hojbjerg who should get a 20 year deal.

4/ Wanyama wouldn't get in this team: in his position he'd have to play football and that's not his strength. Think that answers everything said on this thread.

Cedric? Not quite shown his best IMO.

I agree with the rest, though. Hojbjerg is a fantastic acquisition.

Except he let play go on, and West Ham went close from the resulting cross that Forster badly flapped at. Only then did he go back and book Zaza. If the referee saw the dive (as he must've to have booked him), why didn't he whistle then and there, and instead allow West Ham an advantage? Very curious...

Along with calling a foul on Fonte for the most obvious block tackle you could ever see, and twice stopping Saints' counter attacks for "head injuries" only after play had gone on for several seconds, I though the referee was pretty average to say the least.

He probably booked him for dissent not diving.

Post of the day on KUMB:

Re: West Ham vs Southampton Match Thread

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Something i'm very interested to know.. I've seen multiple people (on twitter so i'm taking it with a pinch of salt) say that the club are playing crowd noise through the speakers. Is there any truth to this?

icon_post_target.gifby OFT on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:42 pm

They're playing booing through the PA system?

:) :) :)

Redmond is the most improved player from his start this season to now is immense. He has pace strength and a good footballing brain, add to that a passion to win.

He will be a top player for us

I thought that cross he managed to pull out of the sky was fantastic.

Austin would've had a tap in if he followed it.

Just back. Stadium was great if you like athletics and have a pair of binos in your back pocket. It was also a nightmare to walk to with the nearest tube 2 miles away, especially if you had just drunk 5 pints in Borough market. But West Ham were so poor it was like taking candy off young kids. It took us 40 mins to realise we were up against a bunch of pansies and from then on in it was easy. Should have scored more though, 5-0 was a truer reflection of our dominance.

A good result to set us up for the Holy land

We will probably have a "gentleman's agreement" that he can join Liverpool for £30m

do u ever give it rest from trying to wind people up? u are an utter tool.

anyway great game. Sat in the home end today with a friend who has STs so couldnt celebrate any of the goals. wow the wet spam fans moaned about every decision that went our way, screamed when they didnt get a decision and *****ed about their players for the rest time.

starting to come together nicely for saints ans fall apart for west ham.

I take your point, but I was purely talking about West Ham. :-)

It was not a dig at your post especially - more the fact that at the end of each of the games we have won there have been comments about how poor the opposition were. I cannot help but feel that our performances might have had something to do with that. But I do agree - West Ham were poor today and we helped to keep them that way. :)

I saw the second half when I finally managed to slip the leash from the mrs. Found a bar in Malta showing the game, got a Stowford press, and watched it with a west ham fan and the barman was from pompey. Sweet. :)

Which bar was that? I'm off to Valletta on Thursday

We were pretty poor first half but seized upon West Ham's mental weakness at 1-0 and turned the screw. Second half we were brilliant. Won't face worse defending that Tadic's goal.

I don't think we were poor, west ham dropped 11 men behind the ball as soon as we had it and we weren't moving it quickly enough to create space. The first time we did that we scored and then the penny seemed to drop. First half I'd say we were efficient, in control of the game without really threatening too much, second half was a different story, apart from one spell of about 2 minutes we were totally dominant, cutting them open time and again and we really should have had more than 3. We really do look a good side with a decent squad. Redmond is starting to look the real deal and with a bit of work on his shooting and final ball he is going to be a quality addition for us. Romeu is a bit of an unsung star in the side, looks a really good defensive midfielder now and along with the two centre halves gives us a good base. Really looking forward to seeing how Boufal comes I to the side and how much more Redmond develops and with Charlie Austin I the side we carry a real goal threat now. We might not finisher higher than 6th this season but I think we're well placed for an existing season with some good attacking football and a run in the cups.

It was not a dig at your post especially - more the fact that at the end of each of the games we have won there have been comments about how poor the opposition were.

S'ok, didn't take it that way. I suppose West Ham were the biggest surprise, mind. How many of us dreaded them reversing their poor form against us, but we didn't give them a chance.

Like was just said by Turkish, 1st half West Ham were camped in their own half for long periods, with VVD and Fonte playing between each other right up on the half way line. West Ham were playing like the primary objective was not to concede, if they could nick one on the break that would be a bonus. I thought, although un-spectacular, we showed a lot of patience probing and prodding and not doing anything silly. Then we got through them and Charlie did the business and the game was changed, in the last 5 minutes West Ham were in our half in greater numbers.

i don't get this "the opposition were awful" line, I think we just don't give them the chance to play. 2nd half we just kept our foot on their throat, only when we scored the second did we release the pressure a little.

So glad we were on the lower tier, you felt for the folks on the second tier when you looked back them. Also I have never heard so many negative comments from home fans, so many were beaten before they got into the ground.

Not a great first half but more about Wham "parking the bus" until we found a way through but once that happened it was a totally different deal in the second half. Great overall team performance with stand-outs from the whole backline with VVD imperious (again). Cedric a bit wayward at times but still in there challenging. Midfield held things together well. Great buy in Hojbjerg and Davis with Romeu, very strong performances. Tadic showed his class and Austin showed what a true striker is all about. Wonderful pass for Tadic's goal. Still a bit unsure about Redmond. A very willing worker but think even he is not clear about his role in the team. Main striker shouldn't be it. Showed his frustration on several occasions. Anyway, onwards and upwards, hopefully to carry on into Europe and at Leicester and go into the International break on a high.

I'm still in shock.

Nice to get plaudits for a change, but you can be sure that if the game had been played on Saturday, we'd have got 5 minutes near the end, and most of the comments would have been about the poor WHam display....rather than the way we got the win. The only consolation for WHam was that their goalie stopped us getting 6 .

We will probably have a "gentleman's agreement" that he can join Liverpool for £30m

You are not even trying. Remember performance art requires some effort and originality.

I was there and in Row 1. The ground is truly awful for football. It will never generate any atmosphere - fans are too far apart and banking too shallow.

If I were anyone connected with West Ham I would genuinely be very worried.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Do you think tottenham is feeling very lucky right now?

After 5 goals in 4 games I think Charlie has made his case to the manager now.

Just glad that we have one of the prem's best finishers in our team, what did he cost - £4M??? That could turn out to be a ridiculously good piece of business.

Rest of the team were great too, vvd is some player. He won't be here next season so enjoy him while you can.

Onwards we go.

I thought the deal had already paid for itself after the Manchester United game last season.

Puel isn't proving anyone wrong, the sane ones among us have always been quite content.

He might be proving the insane ones wrong, but they won't notice.

Except he let play go on, and West Ham went close from the resulting cross that Forster badly flapped at. Only then did he go back and book Zaza. If the referee saw the dive (as he must've to have booked him), why didn't he whistle then and there, and instead allow West Ham an advantage? Very curious...

Along with calling a foul on Fonte for the most obvious block tackle you could ever see, and twice stopping Saints' counter attacks for "head injuries" only after play had gone on for several seconds, I though the referee was pretty average to say the least.

That was a peculiar decision. I think the goodness of the ref was that he made no bad calls that cost us points. That is all we can ask.

Post of the day on KUMB:

Re: West Ham vs Southampton Match Thread

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Something i'm very interested to know.. I've seen multiple people (on twitter so i'm taking it with a pinch of salt) say that the club are playing crowd noise through the speakers. Is there any truth to this?

icon_post_target.gifby OFT on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:42 pm

They're playing booing through the PA system?

:) :) :)

The announcers on the American TV broadcast said that they were playing crowd noise prior to the game. They did not know if they were playing it during the game, but surely that would be against the rules.

The difference is that our meltdowns are not based on reality.

I wish to be rude but I think you need to go elsewhere with nonsense like that

Nonsense. There is far worse nonsense already here.

Edited by Redslo
To put responses in one post.

Whilst we could have won by a hatfull with more incisive finishing and less athletic goalkeeping, very little has been said on this and the West Ham boards re Bertrands hand ball.

Definitely a pen and could have inspired a West Ham fightback.

Think we would have been aggrieved if that decision had not gone our way.

That said, after such an abject performance, I guess this board would have been at the same level of meltdown as the Hammers forums and the penalty decision would have been overtaken by more general concern

Never once felt that we were in any danger.. Once we scored we were always going to win it.

Great result away from home.. West Ham may be poor right now but it is still a 3-0 win on their turf

MOTM - Redmond, Bertrand and Cedric put in a real shift but I liked Hojberg in the middle - Always in control and made the media darling Noble look a complete novice.

Whilst we could have won by a hatfull with more incisive finishing and less athletic goalkeeping, very little has been said on this and the West Ham boards re Bertrands hand ball.

Definitely a pen and could have inspired a West Ham fightback.

Think we would have been aggrieved if that decision had not gone our way.

That said, after such an abject performance, I guess this board would have been at the same level of meltdown as the Hammers forums and the penalty decision would have been overtaken by more general concern

Not sure how you work that one out. He had his arm tucked in to his chest and was turning away from the ball when it hit him from very close range.

When you consider the rules these days say there has to be a deliberate movement of the arm/hand towards the ball, I reckon the ref got it absolutely right.

a few people have mentioned this, but surely WHam co-owner David Sullivan must be biting his tongue just now.

He publically criticised Charlie Austin's fitness at the time of his transfer in January, but yesterday's performance from Charlie was much more than just his 40th min goal.

True Charlie hadn't played that much, but that was also because of the fierce competition from the likes of Long, Pelle and Mane at the back end of last season.

With hindsight Mr. Sullivan may feel that Wham's £15 million investment in Andy Carroll was a better investment than the £4 million we paid for Charlie Austin...???

Not sure how you work that one out. He had his arm tucked in to his chest and was turning away from the ball when it hit him from very close range.

When you consider the rules these days say there has to be a deliberate movement of the arm/hand towards the ball, I reckon the ref got it absolutely right.

It's going to be one of those that will cause controversy because of a lack of consistency. Some refs will give it, some won't. Very bîtchy article by Poll - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3806840/Jon-Moss-isn-t-respected-players-fact-cautioned-five-West-Ham-men-London-Stadium-showed-doesn-t-know-control-game.html . This from the man who awarded 3 yellow cards to someone in the same match.

Charlies Bar in mellieha, about an hour from you. I might be in Valleta on Thursday, pm me when you're here and settled. We go back on Sunday.

I used to stay just around the corner from there whenever I stayed in Malta, although haven't been back to Mellieha for a few years now.

There's a small bar in Valletta called "The Pub" (somewhat imaginatively! It's claim to fame being that it was the last place Oliver Reed had a drink before he died) which shows football games. All I need to do now is convince my football loathing missus to pop in there on our first night to watch Saints v Be'er Sheva.... I'm not holding my breath!!

Just back. Stadium was great if you like athletics and have a pair of binos in your back pocket. It was also a nightmare to walk to with the nearest tube 2 miles away, especially if you had just drunk 5 pints in Borough market. But West Ham were so poor it was like taking candy off young kids. It took us 40 mins to realise we were up against a bunch of pansies and from then on in it was easy. Should have scored more though, 5-0 was a truer reflection of our dominance.

A good result to set us up for the Holy land

Any comment on tadic brilliant performance the last two games.

It won't be long before the big clubs are once again paying newspapers to run negative stories about us.

CB read the mail report, the headline Super Saints....... And then in the report on the lines of West Ham rubbish and Saints hardly much better.

Personally I thought our movement and pace upfront would match Klopps lot, but of course it is not recognised as it should be