Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

3 hours ago, ozzmeister said:

Is anyone else worried he may end up teaming up with his name sake at Man United next season……..

Can’t see it, as someone else said RH would be head coach and no influence over the club’s strategy as he has with us. 

Not sure of the strength of the relationship between the two despite this article.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/ralf-rangnick-ralph-hasenhuttl-leipzig-bundesliga-southampton-b2013577.html?amp

6 hours ago, ozzmeister said:

Is anyone else worried he may end up teaming up with his name sake at Man United next season……..

The split does seem to have come about through some strong differences in tactical progression/ approach. Considering 1) that this happened before 2) the subsequent progression our Ralph has made since and 3) the endless hand wringing about lack of success going on at united, I can't see why our Ralph would want to go through it again. Other than loads of pennies. But if he's contemplating retirement over getting loads of further pennies at the end of his contract, and from interviews, that doesn;t seem the strongest of motivaitons for him presently.

So, no. 🙂

Just now, The Kraken said:

Suggests it’s not someone in employment at another club. Kitzbichler?

Or it is someone at another club who were tracking and in all likelihood will want to move on in a few years, like Ralph (perhaps explains his comments about retirement in a few years). 

That being said, I’d be surprised if we’re balls deep in 1 candidate, we’re no doubt tracking a number of people and will continue to do so. 

A Mountain will be made out of a mole hill on this one, imo. 

5 minutes ago, Dman said:

Or it is someone at another club who were tracking and in all likelihood will want to move on in a few years, like Ralph (perhaps explains his comments about retirement in a few years). 

Maybe, it’s just the “it’s not something to be scared of talking about out loud” comment that grabs me. Perhaps I’m misreading that but it seems like you wouldn’t say that about someone working somewhere else.

In any case, I’m not concerned at this point, I trust the current setup to put in appropriate succession planning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Semmens stated it was someone who came into the premier league this season.Or nearly did last season.  
it will be Thomas Frank. 
not Gerrard or Lampard before you say it. 

Could be. The Brentford connection again

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, saint lard said:

it will be Thomas Frank. 

It would be the immediately obvious choice but not sure the one theyre actually talking about. Firstly it would be massively disrespectful for us to be saying that it’s fine for us to talk about getting him. Secondly, it would mean that the Dragan group would be immediately directing recruitment, when in actual fact they’ve said that they’ll rely on the existing managerial group to run the club as they see it. I’m not saying it won’t happen, and it would be a very good appointment, just not convinced the club would talk about a potential Frank appointment in that way.

10 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I take it back. Obvious who they are talking about. And I’d be very pissed off if I was a Brentford fan.

In fairness they've left out the bit where he said "....and he's out of our reach now" suggesting he is likely to move on to a higher level beyond us for his next job.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StDunko said:

Perhaps we've agreed something with another manager currently in a contract that also ends in 2024?

I doubt it, what if they do an absolutely shit job for the next two years? What if they do an amazing job and Real Madrid want them, but they've already agreed a deal with us? Nothing will be agreed until Ralph actually leaves.

9 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

Maybe he’s going to Man Utd after all 🧐😕

Literally have zero idea how you got anything close to this conclusion from that quote.

On 13/02/2022 at 12:02, Badger said:

Going into MLG mode but Ralph didn’t make the dig on MOTD, Line-acre (to use the Channon pronunciation)  quoted it from another article reported. 

yeh everybody having a go at cheesy Jenas but it was Lineker who put him up to it. And Ralph was making a comment about Manu rather than Rangnik ... it prolly wasn't wise but that's how he is with the press.

18 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Only if we don't somehow contrive to gift Norwich another 3 points on Friday.

Can't see it because in our current form we should steamroller them, but I said that about the away game a few months ago.

Sounds like Norwich did ok against the dippers todays and gave them a good game, they won’t be pushovers.

34 minutes ago, The Cat said:

4-2-2-2 again and another win. Either he's just really lucky or maybe he actually knows what he's doing? 

It’s rather strange, we seem to go on these ridiculous runs of form under Ralph where we’re either massively over achieving or massively under achieving. 

let’s hope the run continues, a bit like 2020 and we can sneak into Europe. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl