• Own goal
    • Hat trick
    • Injured in the warm up
    • Subbed off after 20 minutes, Dia style
    • Sent off
    • Another own goal
    • False teeth fall out screaming for a handball against Patricio
    • Meteorite hits Shropshire. Match abandoned

According to Carl Anka (The Athletic) he is in the country and seeing out his quarentine period before the signing is announced.

Really interesting profile piece on The Athletic today, he has only really played proper, organised football for about 5 years!

Exciting signing.

12 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Why was the other thread closed? odd

People got bored waiting for the announcement and started squabbling about who was and wasn't ITK. It was proper tedious so the thread was locked.

Can someone post the Atlantic article here if that is allowed? Don't you need a membership to read those things?

3 hours ago, Dusic said:

According to Carl Anka (The Athletic) he is in the country and seeing out his quarentine period before the signing is announced.

Really interesting profile piece on The Athletic today, he has only really played proper, organised football for about 5 years!

Exciting signing.

Dont suppose you could put up the Athletic article could you?

3 hours ago, TWar said:

People got bored waiting for the announcement and started squabbling about who was and wasn't ITK. It was proper tedious so the thread was locked.

Can someone post the Atlantic article here if that is allowed? Don't you need a membership to read those things?

Membership needed but Carl previously came on here gave out a few free trials, existing members also can dish out a few free trials too.

Carl shared the updates in the article comments section, the full article gives a bit of background on Salisu's development and explains how he might fit into Ralph's system, good read -

'My understanding is the quarantine has delayed the announcement as there is no one to take official photographs yet.'

Carl also puts a few Liverpool fans in their place who make the usual tired jokes about him playing for them in two years time.

1 minute ago, northam soul said:

How is Jim I haven’t seen him post his insightful itk material lately.

I am surprised at you Turkish for stealing his limelight 

Probably fed up with the haters mate, can’t blame him.

Edited by Turkish

17 minutes ago, northam soul said:

I really hope he comes back soon as like you he was my first port of call for the latest facts.

Maybe he has taken a holiday to Scotland or somewhere in Africa perhaps.

He might be playing a bit of golf, I know the clubs are open again. 

He just wrote this on Instagram... 

"Today I am writing you this letter, first of all to thank you all for your constant support from day one. I want to thank all my teammates, coaches and all the staff of this wonderful club. I also want to especially thank my coach, coach Sergio, who has given me the opportunity to play for LALIGA despite my little experience. He put his trust in me and I will always be grateful for every opportunity he gave me! Also to my teammates for pushing me and making me a better player and for trusting me from day one. Of course I also thank the president, Ronaldo, very much. For me it has been a dream to play for someone who has achieved so much in football. I would also like to thank all the fans, you have been incredible to me and I am very grateful for all the love you have shown me. Thanks for your patience and encouragement! You have always pushed me to get my confidence high and you have always made me feel so loved both on the pitch and off, now another opportunity has presented itself and it has always been my dream to play in the Premier League. As I leave Valladolid to continue living my dreams, I carry on with a heavy heart leaving this incredible club. I came here as a child and I am leaving as a man. I do it with the hope that you will always remember me as a good person and a true professional who happily gave everything for the jersey and this great club! When I leave and move towards my next challenge, I will always have you close to my heart and I hope that 1 day we will meet again knowing that we have all done great things.
Thank you so much for everything! Aupa Pucela !!!!!"

Edited by Matthew Le God

18 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Good stuff. He'll need a song. How about singing his surname to the chorus of Doctorin' the Tardis by The Timelords...? 

What better way to welcome a new signing by paying tribute to one of Britain's most recognisable paedophiles?

• Like 1

Good stuff. He'll need a song. How about singing his surname to the chorus of Doctorin' the Tardis by The Timelords...? 

Salisu yeah yeah yeah

Salisu yeah yeah yeah

salisu yeah yeah yeah yeah

she loves you the Beatles.

also get him used to scousers for a couple of years time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like abit of a coup for us if twitter/Reddit are to be believed. If all this about the top clubs being interested is true then surely we have been giving him the stepping stone chat up line. Probs thinks he can dominate the back four down south for two years then get a dream move to Old Trafford. 

Splendid. Now follows a month of outgoings while everyone gets pissy about the lack of incomings. 😏 I’d say as it stands, we have a better squad than what we started last season with so hopefully it’s worth the wait. #notITK

Re: song, Can we get the Northam learning alternate lyrics to Xanadu? 

Edited by SNSUN
Song guff

Would his name fit to Waterloo by ABBA?  It would be nice to have our own generic chants but these days that’s very unlikely . Is there even any point in discussing this when we all know that our support will just end up somehow fitting his name into that Gaston Ramirez/ Seven nation army tune. 

9 minutes ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

Would his name fit to Waterloo by ABBA?  It would be nice to have our own generic chants but these days that’s very unlikely . Is there even any point in discussing this when we all know that our support will just end up somehow fitting his name into that Gaston Ramirez/ Seven nation army tune. 

Oh yes the do!

salisu

his days were numbered if he stayed in spain

salisu 

he thinks Pompey are a pain

Wooh wooh wooh Salisu,

he’s our Mohammed Salisu

Lots of positive chatter about this guy, he's not been playing at the top level for long at all, so his rise has been phenomenal. I can't say I've seen him apart from a few youtube vids and la liga highlights, but he's pretty capable in those. He's the profile of centre back we've not really had since VVD went.

On top of all that, he seems to be pretty grounded and very greatful for where he is. Doesn't seem to come across as a big headed moron (like a certain Hoedt). He certainly seems to have high ambitious but he's going about it the right way.

Lots of ticks to this signing from the outset.

How about Buddy Holly's Peggie Sue along the lines of;

We love you, Salisu

With a love so rare and true

Oh Sali, our Salisu

Well we love our Sal, we love our Salisu.

Salisu, Salisu

Sali, Sali, Sali, Sali Salisu

Oh Sali, our Salisu

Oh well we love our Sal cos we know what he can do

Oh Sali, our Salisu

Oh well we love our Sal, we all love Salisu.

21 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

How about Buddy Holly's Peggie Sue along the lines of;

We love you, Salisu

With a love so rare and true

Oh Sali, our Salisu

Well we love our Sal, we love our Salisu.

Salisu, Salisu

Sali, Sali, Sali, Sali Salisu

Oh Sali, our Salisu

Oh well we love our Sal cos we know what he can do

Oh Sali, our Salisu

Oh well we love our Sal, we all love Salisu.

Brilliant 😂

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Salisu yeah yeah yeah

Salisu yeah yeah yeah

salisu yeah yeah yeah yeah

she loves you the Beatles.

also get him used to scousers for a couple of years time

Love me do works too if you are looking for a beatles song, arguably fits better.

6 minutes ago, St.JonB said:

Are we confident this is not another Danso? Everybody got pretty excited by that signing as well. Not seen him play but hopefully he is as good as people are hoping. 

Can't be super confident about this sort of thing. Salisu is significantly more highly rated though. Danso seemed to come out of nowhere at the last minute in almost desperation, whereas Salisu was competed over with a champions league side (Rennes) and was linked to Real Madrid, Athletico, United and the spanish fans on reddit seem to think he is amazing. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mohammed Salisu - Official: Signs for Monaco
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic