• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor
    • Disastrous

39 minutes ago, Badger said:

Please no, not that embarrassing chant.

Conveniently overlooks the fact he pissed off 14 years ago.

I was being sarcastic, given how poor we are with our songs (when allowed back in stadiums)

25 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

By the way we should be getting at least one more in after theo. Defender on loan. 

Telles has signed for United. Williams deal back on, perhaps without the guarantee of games?

14 minutes ago, Chez said:

Telles has signed for United. Williams deal back on, perhaps without the guarantee of games?

Is he going to play many games even if he can cover both positions? I suppose one or the other of  kwp or Bertrand are likely to pick injuries during the season even if only minor knocks. Answering my own question I guess and is Decent cover.

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Hoedt confirmed as gone to Lazio

It really never was a Hoedt, Hoedt, with Wesley Hoedt was it 😞

All those Lazio fans currently underwhelmed by that signing are going to look pretty foolish when he proves them all wrong by being sensational.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, wild-saint said:

Is he going to play many games even if he can cover both positions? I suppose one or the other of  kwp or Bertrand are likely to pick injuries during the season even if only minor knocks. Answering my own question I guess and is Decent cover.

I think United wanted a guarantee he would play x games. Just the fact that they are talking of such things shows they are willing to loan him. Unless Williams is cover for their own right back, then he wont get any games at their place as he drops to third in the pecking order at left back.

4 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

A few folks saying we could be bringing in as many as 3.

You'd have to doubt that will happen at this late stage, but I guess until Hoedt and Carrillo moves were confirmed, the clubs hands were tied financially. Not now.

2 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Sky’s Deadline Day coverage hits the ultimate low at 8pm with Harry and Jamie Redknapp as their studio guests 🙄

....... and I guess will be with Mr Shouty Man White, I can't stand the man.

Worst and best window?

Analysts at Carteret advise a handul of Premier League clubs on how much a prospective signing would be worth to them, based on how much impact a player has on winning games of football.

They've given us a look at how they rate all Premier League signings this summer.

Southampton, Tottenham and Arsenal have had the best window so far, according to Carteret.

All three of those club's signings are considered to have a higher value than their transfer fees.

The worst value? Chelsea and West Brom.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/54364762

Yeah, bit weird this other transfer window not closing for a few weeks.

Hopefully we’ll see one more in, but not fussed really. 

Already very happy with this window, wanted a CB, CM and a RB, got those three days plus a squad replacement for Boufal. 

Edited by Saint Garrett

7 minutes ago, Dusic said:

On paper, our first good window for a long time.

Also not impossible we get full back cover from an EFL team before that deadline.

Yeah. If Salisu & Diallo come good, it could be great.

Looking forward to hearing what Martin Semmens has to say about our window. 

Edited by SuperSAINT

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't have any more details I'm afraid. My guess is it would be someone who could maybe cover a few positions at the back. Anything else we get after theo is a bit of a bonus. 

Hijack Danny Fox's move to East Bengal?

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I don't have any more details I'm afraid. My guess is it would be someone who could maybe cover a few positions at the back. Anything else we get after theo is a bit of a bonus. 

If true, it’s odd how one deal is all over the media and the other is going completely under the radar.

I suspect it’s Theo and the final few outs confirmed

Just now, hypochondriac said:

If you remember, we've had a few last minute out of nowhere transfers or loans before. 

Not doubting just odd how some deals are played out in public and others can do unfollowed. It’s like they are brought to the media attention on purpose....

Just now, EBS1980 said:

Not doubting just odd how some deals are played out in public and others can do unfollowed. It’s like they are brought to the media attention on purpose....

I suppose it depends who is doing the leaking! With theo it may well be that he still has contacts in Southampton so you'd probably have quite a few people knowing. I'm staking my itk credibility on another signing before the deadline! 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I suppose it depends who is doing the leaking! With theo it may well be that he still has contacts in Southampton so you'd probably have quite a few people knowing. I'm staking my itk credibility on another signing before the deadline! 

Hypo v Tom Barclay In the ITK battle. The mongboard legend or the sun journalist, who will come out on top?

• Haha 2