Everton vs Saints - Match Thread

Chapel End

1 minute ago, BotleySaint said:

10 mins in which we did what we usually do. Pass, sideways, backward, pass. No threat whatsoever.

That's the problem we are so poor at defending that attacking is definitely the safer option

Redmond is the most infuriating waste of space I have ever seen. Cannot stand him. Like losing as soon as you see him on the team sheet. Absolute talent vacuum always screwing up every single attack. 

• Like 2

Just now, DT said:

Redmond is the most infuriating waste of space I have ever seen. Cannot stand him. Like losing as soon as you see him on the team sheet. Absolute talent vacuum always screwing up every single attack. 

He’s a fucking passenger. Had a couple of decent games but utter tripe in the rest.

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Swinging your arm wildly leading to an elbow to the face = fine. 

Winning the ball with your foot with perfect control and not touching the player once = foul

You're persistent, I'll give you that. Salisu wasn't fouled. Salisu had his foot high. It really isn't a witch hunt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, egg said:

You're persistent, I'll give you that. Salisu wasn't fouled. Salisu had his foot high. It really isn't a witch hunt. 

No it isn't, it's a load of bollocks that's what it is. Smacking someone in the head isn't a foul but winning the ball without touching a player is? If that's in line with the rules then the rules need changing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Bednarek is generally your no nonsense centreback, at his peak he is everywhere winning headers and flying in to make solid blocks.

However, watching him at right back is like a rabbit caught in the headlights, it does seem to be affecting the right hand side completely- Djenepo is struggling too.

Unable to control the ball, bring it forward and after bringing it forward a few yards, begins to shield the ball before passing it sideways/backwards to someone in traffic

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Redmond loses the ball again. I mean it’s amazing. Is Ralph sleeping with him?

Who do you bring on instead of him then? Tella? 

what about for Adams and Djenepo who are both equally as shit. 

no ones sleeping with Ralph, he just has no fucking options. 

Just now, Saint_clark said:

I'm getting so sick of watching Redmond give the ball away and waste good opportunities dozens of times. 

He’s dead to me. As soon as he gets the ball I know we won’t have it long. He’s the opposite of a player who gets you out of your seat.

Oh Redmond is on clear!

I’ll go put the kettle on...

Just now, Convict Colony said:

difference between owners.

34m iwobi is on the bench for everton, we have stephens who cost 150k from plymouth.

Yes MLG I know we have mccarthy and possibly tellla who cost more but its undisclosed.

Not really a great example, Iwobi is shit and it's actually a pretty piss poor bit of business for a non-top 4 club to have a £34million player to be on the bench. 

I'm sorry but despite our injuries what the fuck is Ralph doing with them at training, we look totally devoid of any idea of how to play, no cohesion what so ever, can't keep the ball or even find our own players, Redmond is funking dreadful and tella should be on instead, absolutely funking embarassing