Adam Armstrong

TWar

The total package Saints will pay for the player will not rise beyond £15million.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/transfer-news/breaking-southampton-blackburn-adam-armstrong-5759743

For all those that were previously complaining about the price or Saints not paying Blackburn the initial asking price. Buyer starts low, seller starts high and come to an agreement.

realtor negotiate GIF by CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Huge pinch of salt…. Alex Crook claiming it’s 15m + add ons… I’d say a pretty decent deal at that price. 

So Nixon saying cash + Obafemi

Crook saying £15m + add ons

Which one are we to believe?!! 🤣

• Like 1

I'd give them Long as well, maybe shave 250k off the price.

Seriously though, I think Armstrong looks such a similar player to Ings when you watch him. An absolute pest.

Good age as well, and for less than £15m up front I say we've got exactly the deal we wanted. Blackburn were pushing for upwards of £20m as they are entitled to do, but I'm glad we stood our ground here and only paid what we felt was fair going rate.

If Obafemi is included then it does explain why we're looking at that Chelsea kid as well.

I think other clubs have been discouraged as he seems set on coming here, that's what I feel anyway.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/transfer-news/breaking-southampton-blackburn-adam-armstrong-5759743

For all those that were previously complaining about the price or Saints not paying Blackburn the initial asking price. Buyer starts low, seller starts high and come to an agreement.

realtor negotiate GIF by CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®

That's excellent business if true. Ings for Armstrong + £15m is pretty nice.

Happy to see - there was a tweet the other day which said Palace were in at £12m + add-ons, and I was wondering why we didn't enter the bidding at that price.

I guess we must have done or we have thrown Obafemi in which swayed it, or perhaps Armstrong simply preferred us to Palace and told B'burn he wouldn't sign for them.

Whatever the reason, I will wait until I see him holding the shirt but I am happy if this goes through. 

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I'd give them Long as well, maybe shave 250k off the price.

Seriously though, I think Armstrong looks such a similar player to Ings when you watch him. An absolute pest.

Good age as well, and for less than £15m up front I say we've got exactly the deal we wanted. Blackburn were pushing for upwards of £20m as they are entitled to do, but I'm glad we stood our ground here and only paid what we felt was fair going rate.

If Obafemi is included then it does explain why we're looking at that Chelsea kid as well.

I think other clubs have been discouraged as he seems set on coming here, that's what I feel anyway.

i think the Chelsea kid is because Long or Obafemi will be leaving anyway 

• Like 1

If he scores the goals, couldn’t care less whether it’s with add ons or exchanges. 

Ings could create goals from nothing which was why he was so important to a team that couldn’t create so let’s hope either this fella can do that, or that we still have more to come.

2 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

If he scores the goals, couldn’t care less whether it’s with add ons or exchanges. 

Ings could create goals from nothing which was why he was so important to a team that couldn’t create so let’s hope either this fella can do that, or that we still have more to come.

Whilst I'm not suggesting he's a s clinical as Ings. From what I've seen he has blistering pace, which helps to create those chances out of nowhere.

Just now, Verbal said:

Crook + Nixon = Watergate, so no one. 

Good signing, shirt-back confusion aside. 

Disapointed we didn t get anyone in europe as my hinch is that Armstrong is not physical enough for the PL.

The guy is small, is not very well built and i m not sure he has enough pace to compensate.

Think Broja will proove much more of a success that Armstrong.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think this will prove to be a shrewd bit of business. 

Another thing to note, Tom Leach is excellent, when Carl left for the Man Utd gig, there was a bit of a hole which Dan Sheldon hasn't quite slotted into, Tom is an excellent and incisive young journo. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, stevy777_x said:

Disapointed we didn t get anyone in europe as my hinch is that Armstrong is not physical enough for the PL.

The guy is small, is not very well built and i m not sure he has enough pace to compensate.

Think Broja will proove much more of a success that Armstrong.

Have a day off.🙄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Funny, I cant judge on that from what ive seen. Im surprised Fitzhugh hasnt given us insights as his Son in law plays for them

He's probably trying to sabotage the deal right now getting Sam to tell him how nasty Hassenhuttl is.

• Haha 1

Good business - as I think was expected by most sensible fans, and as is in line with our transfer activity in recent Windows! Got to take your hat off to the club so far with perraud, Livramento, Armstrong, plus another promosing Chelsea youngster on the horizon. Not only that but we've managed to shift some of the deadwood. All whilst operating under a very onerous financial situation. 

But the absolute state of some of our bed wetters in recent days 🤣😆Hopefully this will help them calm their teats so the rest of us don't have to read through pages of negative swipes at the club at least. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 16

3 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Good business - as I think was expected by most sensible fans, and as is in line with our transfer activity in recent Windows! Got to take your hat off to the club so far with perraud, Livramento, Armstrong, plus another promosing Chelsea youngster on the horizon. Not only that but we've managed to shift some of the deadwood. All whilst operating under a very onerous financial situation. 

But the absolute state of some of our bed wetters in recent days 🤣😆Hopefully this will help them calm their teats so the rest of us don't have to read through pages of negative swipes at the club at least. 

I do agree, I think this is looking at being a half-decent window (subject to final activity).

In many ways, what has left is as equally (if not more) important than what has come in.

4 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Spot on 👍🏼👍🏼

4 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Good business as was expected and in line with our transfer activity in recent Windows. Got to take your hat off to the club so far with perraud, Livramento, Armstrong, and this other Chelsea youngster in the horizon. Not only that but we've managed to shift some of the deadwood. All whilst operating under a very onerous financial situation. 

They will be here in a few minutes moaning about something. 

Delighted and a good price and it makes the other wrist-slitting threads look ridiculous now. Yes he has a lot to do to get to Ings level but it's a good start, a versatile striker scoring 29 goals in a mid-table Blackburn side. Add Broja and we have Adams, Armstrong, Broja and Tella as our strikers. There should be enough goals there for the season. (Obafemi and Walcott as a potential fifth and sixth choice too depending on what happens with Obafemi. Personally I'd keep him or loan him out.)

Another loan for Long then should occur. Nobody would be surprised.

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Such a stupid comparison 😂

No it isn't. Just took it to the extreme to highlight a point. Size of strikers doesn't matter, they play to their other strengths. Armstrong isn't being signed to be a target man!

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Spot on mate but....

"Yeah but no but" or something about palace being more attractive than us

3 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Good point. Armstrong has done it on a cold week night in Stoke and Messi clearly hasn't. 😂

Messi has consistently taken apart PL teams in Europe. Cries a lot though

• Haha 1

This lad looks decent. Hopefully we can get young Broja in as well to give an alternative option. 

We've done well this window. Got loads of wages off our books, shifted Ings for top money, done a great bit of business with Livramento, and got a decent LB in too. 

Nice. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Adam Armstrong