Saints 1-1 Spurs - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Fucking hate Spurs so badly.

The new manager has certainly turned them around and it’s going to be difficult.

Will be a battle of the fittest and I fear for the second half as our guys will be running around with chains around their ankles after a mental first 45 minutes of non stop closing down.

Saints 1-3 Spurts Son (2) and Pane (1) Prowse opens with a stunning free kick.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Sergei Gotsmanov said:

Is the game sold out?

Yep complete sell out, apart from individual tickets. We were waiting to see if travelling from Carlisle to Southampton was going to be possible with the possibility of a lockdown. Looked for tickets yesterday and only individual tickets left. 

it was going to be the boys first home game but he will have to wait. 

Edited by Dr Who?

8 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

Yep complete sell out, apart from individual tickets. We were waiting to see if travelling from Carlisle to Southampton was going to be possible with the possibility of a lockdown. Looked for tickets yesterday and only individual tickets left. 

Keep checking online as ticket exchange is open as game sold out. Season ticket holders can sell their tickets back to the club and the seats then show as available to buy again. When the game first sold out loads of seats came back on for sale so in theory should be a full ground tomorrow as anyone who doesn't want to go had a chance to sell back. 

I think some of the games with empty seats yesterday were also due to no trains running, plenty of West Ham wouldn't have wanted to drive in from Essex. 

Spurs sold out their 3300 probably quite a few in home end as well. 

• Like 1

A point to build on yesterday's Boxing Day win would be a fantastic result going into the Newcastle match.

And at least we're not playing a team who have engineered a little Covid holiday for themselves. They're as fresh/not fresh as we are.

If we can go into that game on 21 points with Newcastle still on 10 there is going to be huge pressure on Howe. And yes I do want Man U ro win today.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

A point to build on yesterday's St. Stephen's Day win would be a fantastic result going into the Newcastle match.

And at least we're not playing a team who have engineered a little Covid holiday for themselves. They're as fresh/not fresh as we are.

If we can go into that game on 21 points with Newcastle still on 10 there is going to be huge pressure on Howe. And yes I do want Man U ro win today.

This

I'm much more relaxed about this game after yesterday's result. West Ham on current form were a free hit as far as I was concerned, so now tomorrow can be instead. Get a result against Newcastle and we'll have more points from this festive period than I was hoping for quite honestly.

It will be interesting to see how many turn up tomorrow after the half empty stadiums on TV yesterday - I am fully intending to go. I assumed people would be less concerned post-Christmas, but maybe not.

Good team, great manager, just hitting form. I don't think we have that much of a chance here but stranger things have happened.

GK (Not much between them)

Tino Bednarek Salisu KWP

Romeu JWP

Redmond Tella

Armstrong Broja

is the team for me. Bring on Adams and Stu for Tella and Broja if we need a goal and Adams/Diallo for Tella/Armstrong if we want to hold a lead (unlikely!)

Prediction 3-1 spurs.

I'm looking forward to this one after yesterday.

I'm also siding to a Spurs win but honestly I think all 3 results are possible, before yesterday I'd have said probability is 80% Spurs win, 15% draw, 5% Saints, but now I'd say 50% Spurs, 30% draw and 20% Saints.

So still not optimistic but we'll need everything to fall our way.

I'd say keep the same team as yesterday, but rotate Walcott, Elyounoussi and Redmond if we can for alternatives. I'd also consider Perraud in for Tino depending on fitness.

Son and Kane scoring is just inevitable though, so 2-1 to Spurs. 

50 minutes ago, TWar said:

Good team, great manager, just hitting form. I don't think we have that much of a chance here but stranger things have happened.

Tino Bednarek Salisu KWP

Romeu JWP

Redmond Tella

Armstrong Broja

is the team for me. Bring on Adams and Stu for Tella and Broja if we need a goal and Adams/Diallo for Tella/Armstrong if we want to hold a lead (unlikely!)

Prediction 3-1 spurs.

Elyanoussi's goal not enough to keep him in the side?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, waylander said:

Elyanoussi's goal not enough to keep him in the side?

Good point, forgot about him. He was a little anonymous after the goal and that lovely bit of skill he did to open up a shot that unfortunately was straight at their keeper. In hindsight though, you are right, same team as above but him over Tella, who I would bring on as an impact sub over Stu on current form.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1

Let's see if we play a deeper defensive line and keep the extra man in midfield. If we do, then you never know.

If we go full Gegenbusters with the high line then no doubt we'll look great for 15 or 20 minutes but end up getting a whooping.

Hopefully Stuey can start this one.

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Tino Bednarek Salisu KWP

Romeu JWP

Redmond Tella

Armstrong Broja

Prediction 3-1 spurs.

Thought Tella was out with Covid, if he was out yesterday unlikely to be back tomorrow. You have to wonder who else will be out as well, Ralph giving nothing away in the Presser, but assume Jack and Lyanco will also still be out. Djenepo wasn't mentioned as out because of Covid, but wasn't in the squad. Reckon it could be quite random tomorrow who is available and who isn't.

2 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Thought Tella was out with Covid, if he was out yesterday unlikely to be back tomorrow. You have to wonder who else will be out as well, Ralph giving nothing away in the Presser, but assume Jack and Lyanco will also still be out. Djenepo wasn't mentioned as out because of Covid, but wasn't in the squad. Reckon it could be quite random tomorrow who is available and who isn't.

I heard someone say Tella could play as he had a negative test and was online shielding due to contact but Jack/Lyanco were definitely out. Can't remember tbh. Regarding Djenepo, when we are fully fit he shouldn't make the squad imo. Attacking mids of Redmond and Elyounoussi, back ups on the bench of Tella and Stu and back up forwards of Adams and Long behind Broja and Armstrong. One of him or Walcott could make the bench and right now it is probably Walcott (although neither should be near a prem squad on current form)

4 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

Sorry about that.

4 hours ago, JRM said:

Keep checking online as ticket exchange is open as game sold out. Season ticket holders can sell their tickets back to the club and the seats then show as available to buy again. When the game first sold out loads of seats came back on for sale so in theory should be a full ground tomorrow as anyone who doesn't want to go had a chance to sell back. 

I think some of the games with empty seats yesterday were also due to no trains running, plenty of West Ham wouldn't have wanted to drive in from Essex. 

Spurs sold out their 3300 probably quite a few in home end as well. 

Thank you,  just secured tickets for me and boy for tomorrows game. 😊 

• Like 7

Agree with others, this will be a tough game to get anything out of. Spurs had a comfortable win against Palace and were able to coast home and take off some of their star players. We were involved in a battle of attrition with West Ham which would have taken a lot out of our players. With only a short recovery period and the fact that they clearly have a stronger squad than us Spurs must be firm favourites to win this. However, we've only lost once at home in a game against Wolves that we should have drawn at the worst so I'm hoping we'll be ruthless in front of goal and Fraser plays out of his skin which might get us a draw or even a win.  Think we'll need the rub of the green plus a few decisions going our way. The West Ham win was a bonus so 3 points from these two games would be acceptable but let's be greedy and take 4 or 6. 

Trying to put a pair up on Exchange on my account. Both linked to same email account. I have listed one, however struggling to work out how to list the second ticket. I can see both tickets listed when using drop down names, however can’t get the option to list the second ticket. Anybody else experienced similar issues? BTW Saint

Austria has a slang word ‘schas’. If you replace Has in Hassenhüttl with schas, you get ‘Schassenhüttl’.

It changes his name from rabbit hutch to shit house😂 

Sorry just a bit of fun.

Personally I think Hassenhüttl is improving so I would never use this nickname but others might.

Edited by Andy Durman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

KWP and Bednarek are on 4 yellows so have to tread carefully or they will miss the Newcastle match (perhaps KWP will be rested but Bedders basically has to play).!

Djenepo has already gone to the Afcon Cup so also out !

Tella now available.

Stephens and Lyanco out !

36 minutes ago, eurosaint said:

KWP and Bednarek are on 4 yellows so have to tread carefully or they will miss the Newcastle match (perhaps KWP will be rested but Bedders basically has to play).!

Djenepo has already gone to the Afcon Cup so also out !

Tella now available.

Stephens and Lyanco out !

Stephens and Lyanco will be back for Newcastle so little worry about Bednarek picking up another yellow (he shouldn’t be first choice anyway). 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-1 Spurs - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic