Saints 1-1 Spurs - Match Thread

Lighthouse

2 minutes ago, JRM said:

Line up looks awful, assume same as Chelsea away in the cup with Valery as one of the back 5, Son and Kane will carve through that with ease. 

Long up front just makes me laugh. 

We'll really miss Romeu in the middle. 

Just hope we can hold out until HT and make some changes. 

0-3 prediction 

Swansea....

2 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

A game in which we played very well...

Classic pre-match meltdown though, love it.

Valery did indeed look very assured at centreback, so it'll be interesting to see how he does here. The issue isn't changes, it's the sheer amount of them. It smacks of literally deciding this game is a throwaway.

Im going to reserve judgement. We don't know who has knocks, covid or needs a rest......but I will say I'm glad I decided not to go today because my father in law is nervous of covid and I'm only just getting over it

I don't know if resting players for the Newcastle game is a good idea as it is highly possible that the game will be postponed now that St Maximum and Wilson have been added to their massive injury / covid list

Just now, jimmer42 said:

Im going to reserve judgement. We don't know who has knocks, covid or needs a rest......but I will say I'm glad I decided not to go today because my father in law is nervous of covid and I'm only just getting over it

I don't know if resting players for the Newcastle game is a good idea as it is highly possible that the game will be postponed now that St Maximum and Wilson have been added to their massive injury / covid list

Fuck em, why should the game be postponed when they can field a team? Really annoying me that so many teams are getting special treatment, we had to play on when we had 6 first teamers injured ffs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I actually reckon Long will put in a good performance today, he always causes problems even if he rarely gets a goal, but where the hell is Adams? 

He always causes problems? This is the same Long that was deemed not good enough by Championship side Bournemouth. I'd love him to prove me wrong but the reality is those Spurs CBs will have a very very easy game.

Just now, Saints foreva said:

He always causes problems? This is the same Long that was deemed not good enough by Championship side Bournemouth. I'd love him to prove me wrong but the reality is those Spurs CBs will have a very very easy game.

Yep, he always causes problems. He played earlier in the season - against Chelsea maybe? - and immediately was winning the ball in the air, winning us freekicks and throw ins to move us up the pitch. Shane Long has a use in the squad, i just don't know if today is right. He should be the person you bring on when defending a lead.

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Fuck em, why should the game be postponed when they can field a team? Really annoying me that so many teams are getting special treatment, we had to play on when we had 6 first teamers injured ffs.

It's more that as I understand it they are now very close to hitting the mandated minimum number of available players to be able to request a postponement...a couple of faked additional injuries and that will be that

2 minutes ago, jimmer42 said:

It's more that as I understand it they are now very close to hitting the mandated minimum number of available players to be able to request a postponement...a couple of faked additional injuries and that will be that

13 players plus a keeper? Find it very hard to believe they can't fulfill that. 

Quick look on Wikipedia and they have a 27 man first team squad and then 12 players in the reserves over 20 years old.

10 minutes ago, jimmer42 said:

Have to be independently verified.

9 minutes ago, M271 said:

My son has 'lent' me his Amazon Prime sign in, he is actually going to the match.

Watching via Sky Q box, picture and sound keeps stuttering!!

If you are using a smart tv select the Amazon Prime video app and sign in on the tv. I have perfect reception.

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Oh piss off. Were you at West Ham?

I only posted once because I was driving to the game, attempting to park, watching the game, driving home and the projectile vomiting for 36 hours after food poisoning. You?

3 minutes ago, DT said:

I only posted once because I was driving to the game, attempting to park, watching the game, driving home and the projectile vomiting for 36 hours after food poisoning. You?

Ah well. Doubtless today you will make up for that by having a really good moan.

Hope you get better soon. 

I am interested to know why he has  chosen this team but I doubt we would have beaten Spurs with a different one lets hope we beat Newcastle

Livra and Broja need rests Adams Stephens Lynaco are not available Tella has had Covid

The only forwards are Long and Armstrong so what choice does he really have

• Haha 1

On 27/12/2021 at 13:37, nta786 said:

I'm looking forward to this one after yesterday.

I'm also siding to a Spurs win but honestly I think all 3 results are possible, before yesterday I'd have said probability is 80% Spurs win, 15% draw, 5% Saints, but now I'd say 50% Spurs, 30% draw and 20% Saints.

Spurs 50.3% Draw 26.9% Saints 22.8%

Amazon Prime just showed the above as the result probabilities, not too far off my predictions then!

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-1 Spurs - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic