Saints 1-1 Spurs - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Just now, wooley7 said:

Did they even look at Son being offside? 

Even the commentators glossed over it.

I’d like to see it again.

We need to add Taylor to the Mike Dean/Mason list cos this is the most one sided refereeing performance I’ve seen (excluding the aforementioned) since Kevin Friend against Liverpool.

• Like 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Pissed right off now.

Same. This could have been a good game and advert for the PL but the referee had to ruin it with inconsistent and what looks like biased decisions. 
A great shame, however theres 45m left and I hope Spurs look leggy 2nd half.

One situation changes the game so much. Really felt we could have won this, 1 up with plenty on the bench would have been a strong position for us.

Unfortunately the ref got it right, Salisu so close to getting a touch, from one angle a thought he had.

Hopefully we can stay solid and keep them at bay with the cavalry coming from the bench to get the winner. 

Reguillon definite candidate for a red, get at him!!

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Hard to say from that angle but looks comfortably onside to me.

6 minutes ago, Donatello said:

Yeah, Salisu was a walking red card tbh. So infuriating though, after such an impressive 40 mins. Nevermind. Would love to see if Son was offside though. Don't understand why it wouldn't be checked, or shown ('cos it would've been close)

Yep. Onside. Clear yellow and although the first yellow was soft ish but he'd been flying at everything. Regardless, he'd been given it and only has himself to blame for the second.

The red and the inevitable outcome is down to Salisu, not the ref or spurs. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

To be fair, Sailsu was asking fr a red, He was throwing himself at everyting.  He needs to be better

Yep just before the incident I was going to come on here and say I can’t see Salisu staying on the pitch as he seemed to be taking the press hard instruction to over 100% of what he should’ve. 

shame as we were playing well and it looked like we had gone back 3 years to when Ralph took over with the high energy in the final 3rd, winning the ball back early and giving spurs loss time at all

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-1 Spurs - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic