Saints vs Newcastle - Postponed

Lighthouse

1 minute ago, washsaint said:

Couldn't disagree more.  Integrity - something that is sorely missing from Newcastle.

Look at Burnley - injuries and COVID cases galore yet they still play their games and don't whinge about it.  Dyche went up massively in my estimation with his pre-match conference and talking about pampered players.

No one wants to be the team with the most integrity but bottom of the league after 38 games

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Viking Saint said:

Was trying to figure out how this works. The likes of Broja and Livramento are not in our 25 man EPL squad from what I can see but are listed in a separate U21 squad so how do they count?

The younger squad don't count towards the 25 man registration limit for the first team. The regulation for Covid says minimum 13 + 1GK from the first team squad plus any U23s who have previously been named in a match day squad during this season or the last, ( termed 'suitably experienced' ). If NUFC have not been listing U23s in the 18 man squads then they don't count. Saints have been doing so, for instance the starting 11 and subs for the 9-0 at OT, so we wil find it harder to exploit the Covid rule.

In the Championship, and below, the rule is 13+1 from the combined first team and reserves, regardless of experience.

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

I was actually all for a suspension of football a few weeks ago, mainly to avoid these obvious games being played by clubs. It's no longer a doubt about the game being brought into disrepute, it has been brought into disrepute and the integrity of the league is on the floor.

If Wilson and ASM hadn't been injured in their last game then they would not have asked for postponement, almost guaranteed. Neither of those players have COVID, so why has the game been postponed? 

They'll now go to January, buy Sven Botman, Trippier, Isak, get Wilson and ASM fit and lift their side up 2 or 3 levels above ours and Brentford's before they re-play those games. That's blatant cheating and the PL simply have no balls. Everyone can see it, even non-football fans.

Only bringing forward the inevitable really. 

Anyway since when did we run scared of Newcastle, in any guise. Just gives Saints extra motivation.

Bring it on I say, be a tasty match.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

This one jumped out at me. Rarely has the word "class" been so out of place. 

LiquidAK

No league game until mid January now. Over to the recruitment team, get some business done early and we’ve got a great set of winnable games ahead. Class

25 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It's not that hard to understand yet some seem unable. Cant blame Newcastle, the league have set a precedent here and they are taking advantage of it. If people are going to blame anyone blame the league. Newcastle arent cheating, any club would do the same in their position if they were able. 

Got to say I agree with both of you. PL should not have allowed it in the first place. Once the precedent was set then that became the defacto level. 

17 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

They're in for a nasty surprise, they will go the same way as QPR, no doubt about it. The owners don't have a strategy, you can tell that with their manager search. It's going to be very, very funny

We all live in hope of that scenario. However truth is you add a few experienced players to that squad and they'll grind out enough results. Its Watford and Burnley who will suffer.

I don't blame Newcastle they are simply using the rules. Plus they've played 19 clock is ticking for them.

The spineless league carry the can for this.

The Premier League have made a right mess of this. Basically all a club needs now is a couple of positive covid tests and they can just make up the required injuries to postpone games at their will. 

When you have clubs owned by people who arrange murders, with so much to gain from postponing this is bound to happen. 

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

Basically all a club needs now is a couple of positive covid tests and they can just make up the required injuries to postpone games at their will. 

This is just not true. The league rules state the club need to supply “Supporting medical information to verify the status of each unavailable player, which will be reviewed by the League’s medical advisers”. 

Their website also states that not having 13 players is only 1 reason  applications are accepted, they state that games have also been postponed recently for other reasons including, 

“Where the status of a COVID-19 outbreak within a club’s squad remains unclear very close to a match. For example, where there remains a concern that not all COVID-19 infections have been identified and there is insufficient time to resolve that concern before kick-off.
- Where the club does not have sufficient time to safely prepare its players in the lead up to a match. For example, where the UK Health Security Agency has requested the closure of a training ground and suspension of group training following an outbreak during the preparation period ahead of a match.”

Just calling people cunts without know the full reasons for the postponement, without knowing what evidence has been presented and what checks were made is pretty ignorant imo. 

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

This is just not true. The league rules state the club need to supply “Supporting medical information to verify the status of each unavailable player, which will be reviewed by the League’s medical advisers”. 

Their website also states that not having 13 players is only 1 reason  applications are accepted, they state that games have also been postponed recently for other reasons including, 

“Where the status of a COVID-19 outbreak within a club’s squad remains unclear very close to a match. For example, where there remains a concern that not all COVID-19 infections have been identified and there is insufficient time to resolve that concern before kick-off.
- Where the club does not have sufficient time to safely prepare its players in the lead up to a match. For example, where the UK Health Security Agency has requested the closure of a training ground and suspension of group training following an outbreak during the preparation period ahead of a match.”

Just calling people cunts without know the full reasons for the postponement, without knowing what evidence has been presented and what checks were made is pretty ignorant imo. 

Oh the PL stooge knows more. Trust them all they know what they are doing you thickos

17 minutes ago, Dorchester Saint said:

I can’t believe you’re defending this!? They’ve literally pulled this game because they don’t fancy it without their ‘stars’ and they’ve been allowed to do so by a weak governing body with Arab money in their eyes!

The idea that they can’t muster 13 players and a keeper from across the club is as ridiculous as your blind ‘whataboutery’ about what we may or may not do under the circumstances (as it happens I believe we would play on and maintain our integrity) 

It stinks!

How is it my blind whataboutery, when it was you that said `we did it differently against United'.

We didn't. We had no choice but to play.  

Why do you think we would not take advantage of the new rule if we were struggling to field 13?

2 minutes ago, Mystic Force said:

I would be, the example I see on here I am not sure that others would be.

Some of these lot would be turning up to games in tea towels for sure. Fuck it if butchering a few journalists gets in the way of buying Dele Ali

1 minute ago, whelk said:

Some of these lot would be turning up to games in tea towels for sure. Fuck it if butchering a few journalists gets in the way of buying Dele Ali

Look on the bright side it could be that goon who thinks hes Shakespeare on Pompey News

Is it cynical to think Newcastle are just using this as an excuse? Is the real reason delay so by the time they do play us later in the new year they will have all their new signings in place and be a much stronger team? 

Edited by Saint J 77
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, whelk said:

This ‘don’t blame them’ attitude is why the country is in such a state and behaviour levels at an all time low. Yeah well I’d help my mates out too with a contract if I was Matt Hancock.

Would you be saying that if we'd invoked this rule to our advantage? 

Id imagine the reschedule fixture will play in Jan or early Feb. It may not be as bad as some think on here with their new signings and stuff.

Fuck it, it is what it is, I blame the EPL, and just find their fans pretty pig like disgusting morons.

Let's see if our takeover happens and what shitstorm that may throw up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saint J 77 said:

Is it cynical to think Newcastle are just using this as an excuse? Is the real reason delay so by the time they do play us later in the new year they will have all their new signings in place and be a much stronger team? 

How many new signings do you think they will realistically make ?

16 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

True, but they don't need supporting medical information if a large number of their players are unvaccinated and are having to self-isolate as a result of reported contact with just one invected player. How can anyone prove or disprove 'contact with'? It's easy to manufacture any number of contacts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

True, but they don't need supporting medical information if a large number of their players are unvaccinated and are having to self-isolate as a result of reported contact with just one invected player. How can anyone prove or disprove 'contact with'? It's easy to manufacture any number of contacts.

According to their forum, these are the players out:

Injured:

Wilson (Calf)

ASM (Calf)

Lewis (Hamstring)

Hayden (Knee)

Fernandez (Calf)

Dummett (Body)

Fraser (Picked up a Knock Vs Man United)

Shelvey (Picked up a Knock Vs Man United)

COVID:

Clark

Ritchie

Darlow

Willock

Suspended:

Manquillo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Id imagine the reschedule fixture will play in Jan or early Feb. It may not be as bad as some think on here with their new signings and stuff.

I believe it’s been stated that these fixtures need to be rescheduled as soon as possible. Didn’t Ralph indicate the Brentford game could be the midweek after the Swansea cup game?

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Dear god.

There were different rules in place last season, and 20 odd games hadn’t already been postponed. 

It is not “cheating” to request a postponement, they haven’t cheated anymore than Brentford cheated when they requested a postponement. Posters anger is aimed in the wrong direction, once the league started allowing postponements teams will request them. 

It is certainly cheating if, as most of us suspect, they are being less than honest about their covid numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, beatlesaint said:

I believe it’s been stated that these fixtures need to be rescheduled as soon as possible. Didn’t Ralph indicate the Brentford game could be the midweek after the Swansea cup game?

Yep., and that is my point on this. Newcastle will get some players in, and hopefully delays will happen because of covid in bringing them in etc.

They also wont have had loads of time playing together and training, so fuck them, still think if it is played in a few weeks we still have a good chance of winning.

• Like 1

They've nicely exploited a loophole to give them time to rebuild.

But I'm still confident that they have the ability to buy a whole load of disinterested journeymen on over-inflated wages - and I'm 100% convinced that Eddie Howe has another relegation in him, he can still do this!

Their self-inflicted fixture congestion could yet be their downfall.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, whelk said:

Oh the PL stooge knows more. Trust them all they know what they are doing you thickos

Lord D likes to give it the "chicks" and "jocks" and "pinkos" but you'll be hard pressed to find a more snivelling grovelling doff-your cap conformist anywhere on the forum. 

Bow, scrape, scrape, bow. Newcastle can't have done a thing wrong because rules rules rules and our betters know best.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, egg said:

According to their forum, these are the players out:

Injured:

Wilson (Calf)

ASM (Calf)

Lewis (Hamstring)

Hayden (Knee)

Fernandez (Calf)

Dummett (Body)

Fraser (Picked up a Knock Vs Man United)

Shelvey (Picked up a Knock Vs Man United)

COVID:

Clark

Ritchie

Darlow

Willock

Suspended:

Manquillo

So 12 not including the suspended player as he wouldn’t count anyway. How many named in their squad list? 25 -  27?

1 minute ago, Toadhall Saint said:

So 12 not including the suspended player as he wouldn’t count anyway. How many named in their squad list? 25 -  27?

Not sure mate, and I don't know how many u21 players they have who would form part of the 23. Also unclear if there's isolation on top of the covid cases. If correct, that's one hell of an injury list though. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

Not sure mate, and I don't know how many u21 players they have who would form part of the 23. Also unclear if there's isolation on top of the covid cases. If correct, that's one hell of an injury list though. 

Most of the 'injured' would have made miraculous recoveries if they were told to play on Sunday. Seen it happen at other clubs. It's playing the system aka cheating.

Just now, Teddeer said:

Most of the 'injured' would have made miraculous recoveries if they were told to play on Sunday. Seen it happen at other clubs. It's playing the system aka cheating.

Don't doubt it mate. They'd have put a competitive team out if they had to. 

42 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Think you are being a bit naive, players are always carrying knocks this time of year and can still play, it wouldn’t be hard for the club doctor to make up enough cases.

I think Brentford applied for a postponement saying 9 players were unavailable, then after it was turned down they started the match with only 3 changes from the previous line-up. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Lord D likes to give it the "chicks" and "jocks" and "pinkos" but you'll be hard pressed to find a more snivelling grovelling doff-your cap conformist anywhere on the forum. 

Bow, scrape, scrape, bow. Newcastle can't have done a thing wrong because rules rules rules and our betters know best.

And the Saudis investigated the Khashoggi murder and concluded it was a rogue operation. So pretty conclusive there was no government involvement so don’t know why anyone would have disdain for Saudis injecting money into the beautiful Premier League. Most welcome it is most welcome. Any chance of a game in Riyadh soon? We can spray fans with water droplets just like in the summer Qatar World Cup

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

The Premier League have made a right mess of this. Basically all a club needs now is a couple of positive covid tests and they can just make up the required injuries to postpone games at their will. 

When you have clubs owned by people who arrange murders, with so much to gain from postponing this is bound to happen. 

Agree.

There should be some transparency in the reasons for cancellations at this time and confirming how many Covid cases have been identified. Having players out due to injury is an inevitable risk and that alone shouldn’t be factored in ( as we had to at Old Trafford last season).

can’t help thinking that in the case of Newcastle the PL and authorities are a bit scared of the owners and the clout they bring. Not for fear of ending up as Kashoggi Mark II, but the prospect of them fronting up to the league and challenging decisions in court. The league know they can piss around with Saints, and several of the lower half in EPL but don’t want yhe confrontation with the Big 6 or anyone with financial muscle. They ballsed up in allowing their takeover and are now on the backfoot where the arab cunts are concerned.

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Shit. I shall be away on that date but I had kept the original date clear. Can I claim my refund from Brentford?

SFC might need the Royal Air Force to maintain an air defence role over the Stadium, just to ensure there are no pitch invaders.
I guess this will be played at The Dell too?

4 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Shit. I shall be away on that date but I had kept the original date clear. Can I claim my refund from Brentford?

Nothing mentioned in the article about refunds if you are now unable to make it. Just that the original tickets will be accepted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, markr27 said:

SFC might need the Royal Air Force to maintain an air defence role over the Stadium, just to ensure there are no pitch invaders.
I guess this will be played at The Dell too?

Remember the bloke bringing an air raid siren to The Dell for the last match. 

Edited by Badger