Saints vs Newcastle - Postponed

Lighthouse

3 minutes ago, Mattster said:

This is 100% true and something I am always banging on about to people complaining about having it. I think the stats are something like once every 10 years on average across the population, so it is really not that common, and it is or can be a really nasty disease (no such thing as "just" the flu). There's no question of muddling through at work when you've got the full on flu despite what the Beechams ads might say. I had a colleague who swore he got flu twice a year, every year, and wouldn't budge on it, but colds can be pretty nasty too sometimes.

Yeah but how do you know people don’t have same virus but repel it better so symptoms are minor so fatigue etc is still suffering but not to same degree as others?

23 minutes ago, whelk said:

Yeah but how do you know people don’t have same virus but repel it better so symptoms are minor so fatigue etc is still suffering but not to same degree as others?

It's always going to be variable depending on the person, exposure and vaccine history etc. But the government do monitor flu cases, and I have no reason not to believe the average of once every 10 years on average per person. Which would make my old friend getting it twice every year so unlikely as to not be believable.

2 hours ago, waylander said:

If he got it 40 days ago then it was more than likely the Delta variant rather than Omicron which is proving to be much less severe !

I've had it for 3 days now, my sniffle has gone and the cough is becoming less intermittent. I've had much worse colds over the years than this...

Good luck to the fella mind, hope he pulls through without lasting effects !

Swansea have a “considerable amount”’of COVID cases, according to the club’s website. I doubt they’d also want to play home matches behind closed doors, especially an FA Cup match, given the loss in revenue hitting the Football League already previously. So…

• Like 1

Wow they must have put a lot of effort into getting more cases. I spent Xmas with my family, elderly and youngsters. Mixing for the first time in ages. No restrictions on licking door handles or sharing snacks. Six days later, everyone departs with no issues. 

Now if they had done a herpies test, I'd have to eat outside, but they skipped that this year, so its all good. 

Covid is Sooooooooooo yester-year. Only fat, smoking fast food twats will say different. And that is a fact check true. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

How very convenient for them. Don't think anyone saw that coming.

With so many cases being reported throughout the country it is hardly surprising that football is being involved

Surely it is better to wait and get the games played well everybody is fit and well Adams has Covid it cannot be nice for him to be under pressure to return to the team

I've just sent a Get Well Soon card addressed to St James Park c/o Mr Howe to share with his poorly players, hopefully it will give them the lift they need to get the game on. 

Swansea haven't played a game of football since 11th December! Complete farce. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Swansea have already called off their game scheduled for 3rd January,  not looking good for that one either at this rate. We nearly got a bye v Shrewsbury last season but they managed to get a team together just in time going to be like that again, will be interesting to see what they do with the FA Cup as less scope for rearranging games before the next round. 

2 minutes ago, JRM said:

Swansea have already called off their game scheduled for 3rd January,  not looking good for that one either at this rate. We nearly got a bye v Shrewsbury last season but they managed to get a team together just in time going to be like that again, will be interesting to see what they do with the FA Cup as less scope for rearranging games before the next round. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-v-fulham-postponed-22603562

1 minute ago, JRM said:

No replays so there is a bit of flexibility in terms of rearranging the game.

4 hours ago, nta786 said:

In truth I don’t think I can blame Newcastle for trying to get it off. It’s a dog eat dog world out there, can anyone blame Newcastle for wanting to give themselves the best chance of beating us? 

In fact I say good on them because in life if you don’t ask you don’t get- if there is a loophole to be exploited it’s rational for them to try to gain an advantage. When there is livelihoods and millions of pounds at stake, expect all ethics to be thrown out of the window.

I think all anger should be directed to the PL who have not been transparent in the process and have somewhat lost control of the whole situation which has allowed teams to make a mockery of the rules.

Depends. If their list of ineligible includes unvaccinated and suspensions, then I say fuck them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ecuk268 said:

That's a novel punishment for being unvaccinated.

Required vaccinations is not unreasonable. They're professional athletes, who already have work requirements that the rest of us don't (keeping fit, not eating junk, limited alcohol, no smoking, etc.)

MLT excepted of course.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

Required vaccinations is not unreasonable. They're professional athletes, who already have work requirements that the rest of us don't (keeping fit, not eating junk, limited alcohol, no smoking, etc.)

MLT excepted of course.

I think he means the "fuck them" part..

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Would they be some keen to play if they had Watford at home as opposed to Utd away. Anyway, I’m sure their supporters will be delighted with their “integrity” seeing as their 3 down after 35 mins.

Not sure what point you are trying to make? My opinion is obvious as that’s how I see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Fucking hell how many more thick cunts are there on here?

whats thick about pointing out that vaccination does little to stop the transmission of omincrom and therefore discriminating against those people is unnecessary.

we all know your a facist bootlicker that shouts down anyone you dont agree with - with your hard man language - i wonder if your so hard away from your keyboard

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, richardc said:

whats thick about pointing out that vaccination does little to stop the transmission of omincrom and therefore discriminating against those people is unnecessary.

we all know your a facist bootlicker that shouts down anyone you dont agree with - with your hard man language - i wonder if your so hard away from your keyboard

Vaccinated players are less likely to get infected with omicron and delta, and less likely to get sick if they do. There's no excuse for anything less than a 100% vaccination rate among professional footballers.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

Vaccinated players are less likely to get infected with omicron and delta, and less likely to get sick if they do. There's no excuse for anything less than a 100% vaccination rate among professional footballers.

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, niceandfriendly said:

How, after all this time, do you still not understand how vaccines work?

You're far less likely to contract the virus if vaccinated. It's hard to pass on a disease that you don't have.

Not according to all in the profession (whilst we sit and get told everyone is getting the virus this winter)

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

How, after all this time, do you still not understand how vaccines work?

You're far less likely to contract the virus if vaccinated. It's hard to pass on a disease that you don't have.

The benefits in terms of contracting and transmitting are marginal at best.

In the latest 4 week figures, just as an illustration, among 18-30 YOs, there were 163k cases vaccinated, 52k unvaccinated.
The double jabbed rate in those groups, according to the same report, is approx  60%.

vaccination should be a personal medical choice.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1043608/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_51.pdf

And here is just one .example of a practical  issue.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.23.21268276v1.full

Edited by teamsaint
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Not according to all in the profession (whilst we sit and get told everyone is getting the virus this winter)

Hmmm.

See answers 4 and 5 here:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/health/how-effective-are-covid-19-vaccines-against-omicron

Given the enormous lengths footballers are expected to go to in order to maximise their chances of playing at peak performance, it’s beyond absurd that players paid millions a year - often equating to several thousand pounds per minute on the pitch - wouldn’t take 3 jabs.

• Like 7

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Newcastle - Postponed
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic