Saints 2-0 Norwich - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

3 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

One thing I'd like to see us improve is our scoring rate from corners. I read somewhere that the average is something like 1 goal for every 11 to 12 corners. I feel like our rate is far below that, we get so many but rarely scored from them.

I'd like us to improve on our record of dropping points from winning positions. I'm really not sure how bad our record is in that regard as it never ever gets mentioned but my instincts tell me it must be quite bad.

Edited by stknowle
  • Haha 5

Just now, nta786 said:

Jay Rod scored sitting I think it was Palace away in 2013/14.

Salisu yellow card too now

I remember Ostenstadt scoring one on his arse too. 

Scrappy goal but they all count. 

Another drunk baby for luck.

drunk baby GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, stknowle said:

I'd like us to improve on our record of dropping points from winning positions. I'm really not sure how bad our record is in that regard as it never ever gets mentioned but I'm sure it must be quite bad.

Careful what you wish for. Our record for that was better under MoPe, Hughes etc. because we were very rarely leading. 

I get what you mean though although it's a flawed stat. If you are 1 up after 5 it's a bit different than blowing a 1-0 win in the 90th and 94th minutes, but this stat doesn't distinguish that.

1 minute ago, Saint NL said:

Broja not having his best game tonight 😳

Needs a rest IMO, I fear the hype and pressure is going to his head slightly. Excellent when he pulls a shot off but he too often neglects the obvious passes and doesn't work for the team like Che does.

• Like 2

Just now, igsey said:

Needs a rest IMO, I fear the hype and pressure is going to his head slightly. Excellent when he pulls a shot off but he too often neglects the obvious passes and doesn't work for the team like Che does.

Get Schlong on at half time for goals, goals, goals!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

Broja not having his best game tonight 😳

1 minute ago, igsey said:

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Get Schlong on at half time for goals, goals, goals!

This, this and this 

1-0 HT. Wouldn't say we've been amazing, but relatively in control. Norwich are quite well organised and we haven't exactly had a high quality cutting edge - Broja's having a poor game, Elyounoussi's been wasteful.

We'll need a second. Norwich have looked fairly lively when they've been able to break.

Come on, kill this off early in the second half and start preparing for West Ham.

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 2-0 Norwich - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic