Saints 1-2 Liverpool - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't think Diallo was a punt, he was a 7-8m signing which should just be pocket change for a PL club and a squad filler. I'd say Elyounoussi and Moussa were certainly punts in the £15m+ region that we would have expected either a return or at least a profit. Same could have been said for Hoedt, Lemina, Boufal etc but we had to give those guys away for free. 

I know we always had a laugh at Alpine when he said we were run like a seaside B&B, but it's safe to say in the last 5 years we have been run just like that. Maybe worse.

Trouble is, we buy these players from lightweight leagues. such as Switzerland and Belguim and expect them to be world-beaters. Ely really showed his level in Scotland, flattered to deceive for a few games before going back to type. Diallo, at the time was claimed to be the new Oriel, he's nowhere near that level, and likely never will be. Our recruitment has truly been shit since the Koeman days. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The club still has too many players that have been purchased as punts to be able to sell on, who have not lived up to the billing; Diallo, Elyounoussi and Djnepo being 3 that come straight to mind.

Bednarek is okay, but nowhere near premier league standard and a profit should be made from him.  Club feels like an utter mess, it needs a complete overhaul and a board with the balls to make that call.  New management and coaching staff, most players have their price (Livramento, Walker-Peters, Salisu, Ward-Prowse all get passes, Che Adams too), even for free, start again, now, fast, get on it. 

The relationship between the executives and the manager seems a little too cosy to me. Not a healthy way to run a football club/business.

• Like 8

Had high hopes for Diallo after we beat Liverpool last season and he marshalled Thiago superbly. He was dreadful tonight, couldnt even control the ball. Dont know what he offers as he doesnt seem good enough defensively or going forward. Seen him enough now to put him into that pot of Moi, Djenepo, Smallbone etc who arent good enough for us if we have top half ambitions. I've always been worried about our GK and defensive options, but the midfield doesnt excite me either. In fact with us only being left with Adams/Armstrong up front, I'm worried about our whole team 🙃

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Chez said:

yep.

I guess it worked against City - and fans were happy with that earlier in the season - but when you don't get a result it looks horrible.

That Liverpool side were not world beaters. We should have had a go. Depressing considering we were safe and had a free go effectively.

He could always try something radical like adapting and changing during the game, you never know it may work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Trouble is, we buy these players from lightweight leagues. such as Switzerland and Belguim and expect them to be world-beaters. Ely really showed his level in Scotland, flattered to deceive for a few games before going back to type. Diallo, at the time was claimed to be the new Oriel, he's nowhere near that level, and likely never will be. Our recruitment has truly been shit since the Koeman days. 

Diallo should have never been seen as a Romeu replacement really, totally different type of player. I think he's better in a more advanced position, but he's also painfully average I have to say.

Mane, VVD, Tadic etc were signed from lesser leagues and they turned out alright. But one main thing has happened since the 2014ish time.

Player values have moved on. We cannot get a Mane for £10m anymore, more like £25m. Ditto Tadic. But the problem with us is that we've stood still, we still seem to have this blocker on anything over £18m and that doesn't get you much these days it has to be said. Sheffield United spent £35m on Berge, so I think that shows you where the values have gone

The club thought they were being clever by signing Redmond for £10m and expecting another Mane, or Elyounoussi for £15m and hoping for another Tadic. It was a dumb tactic that has backfired miserably. 

I know football isn't all about spending, but when you have a squad that is so horribly underinvested then it's no surprise we struggle. It's horrible watching us every year at the moment, but part of me thinks it's a bit of a mini-miracle that we're still at this level. Let's not waste that opportunity with new owners.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Had high hopes for Diallo after we beat Liverpool last season and he marshalled Thiago superbly. He was dreadful tonight, couldnt even control the ball. Dont know what he offers as he doesnt seem good enough defensively or going forward. Seen him enough now to put him into that pot of Moi, Djenepo, Smallbone etc who arent good enough for us if we have top half ambitions. I've always been worried about our GK and defensive options, but the midfield doesnt excite me either. In fact with us only being left with Adams/Armstrong up front, I'm worried about our whole team 🙃

Yet another who has gone backwards under the tutelage of Ralph and his wonderful coaching assistants. It seems to be a bit of a trend.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't think Diallo was a punt, he was a 7-8m signing which should just be pocket change for a PL club and a squad filler. I

Diallo was £12.7m according to The Athletic, £11m according to the BBC. He looks a million miles from the player `dominating' midfields in France. He's not improved at all since he came, in fact he's gone backwards IMO. He doesn't understand the position or the role  being asked of him. He doesn't mark, he doesn't sit in the right position, he doesn't show enough. He doesn't dominate. When he arrived he looked like he had something about him. Great body position and the ability to get out of tight areas. He just needed t impose himself more. That potential seems a million miles away right now. Really depressing that he hasn't progressed.  CM is a critical position. We seriously need to look at an upgrade there.

• Like 2

That was God awful, and I shouldn't be saying that after a narrow 2-1 loss against Liverpool, but it was. You'd think we played an FA Cup final that went to penalties and losing half of our first team squad on Saturday, rather than having the long 10 day break.

The tactics were crap. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Broja's crap up top on his own. He jogs around off the ball, doesn't press, nor win aerial duels. The ball would just come straight back to our end because we didn't have anything up top. Ings was as good, if not better off the ball as he was a finisher. Before we replace Broja this summer, we need to replace Ings again, as Armstrong clearly hasn't worked out. But, then we've been calling for a Pelle replacement since he left too.

The short passing from goal kicks was another God awful tactic. McCarthy can't kick a ball, but his short passes throughout the match to Lyanco and Stephens were pretty much hospital balls throughout with Liverpool's press. We weren't gaining anything from them other than giving Liverpool possession closer to our goal. Despite it not working it only changed to around the 80 minutes when McCarthy just kicked the ball out to touch, again losing possession.

And then you have the subs, again, wait until we're 2-1 down to make any subs. The passiveness was shocking too. Don't play open against Liverpool, but you can beat them for effort. We simply gave them too much space on the ball and stood off them at every opportunity. At 2-1 they were taking the piss and playing walking football, while when we had the ball their players were all over ours like a rash. We haven't been the high pressing team for some time now, which is really strange, as that was what got us to top of the league.

I didn't stay to applaud this team after the match. If we got beat by Villa, Newcastle, Watford, Chelsea, Burnley, Palace, Brentford and Liverpool in our last 11 games by giving it a go, but ultimately being unlucky I may have. But, these guys just stopped playing for whatever reason and they earn a lot more money than me and I'm the one paying to watch them turn up half arsed.

Hopefully next season's a bit more positive, I think much change is needed through the club. We need to up our standards again, it's all got a bit too cosy. The coaching staff left by Les Reed is very clear a job for the boys and from their just from their records they aren't qualified to be here. I wouldn't complain if Hasenhuttl is sacked/walks, or stays, but improvement is needed desperately. No more sentimental contracts. The Walcott deal was shocking even if he was free, as was the Long extension, as was the McCarthy extension, hence why the club won't announce it. The fans made clear their thoughts on McCarthy this evening.

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Diallo should have never been seen as a Romeu replacement really, totally different type of player. I think he's better in a more advanced position, but he's also painfully average I have to say.

Mane, VVD, Tadic etc were signed from lesser leagues and they turned out alright. But one main thing has happened since the 2014ish time.

Player values have moved on. We cannot get a Mane for £10m anymore, more like £25m. Ditto Tadic. But the problem with us is that we've stood still, we still seem to have this blocker on anything over £18m and that doesn't get you much these days it has to be said. Sheffield United spent £35m on Berge, so I think that shows you where the values have gone

The club thought they were being clever by signing Redmond for £10m and expecting another Mane, or Elyounoussi for £15m and hoping for another Tadic. It was a dumb tactic that has backfired miserably. 

I know football isn't all about spending, but when you have a squad that is so horribly underinvested then it's no surprise we struggle. It's horrible watching us every year at the moment, but part of me thinks it's a bit of a mini-miracle that we're still at this level. Let's not waste that opportunity with new owners.

I know we are hampered by certain constraints, but there are bargains still to be had, Wolves for example have a keeper who is head and shoulders above anything we have. I don't think they paid a huge fee for him. I think the two players Spurs signed from Italy in January weren't for huge fees either, I get that they have more pulling power than us, but those are the sort of players we need to be aiming for. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

But the problem with us is that we've stood still, we still seem to have this blocker on anything over £18m and that doesn't get you much these days it has to be said. Sheffield United spent £35m on Berge, so I think that shows you where the values have gone

I think Berge was £22m. Still bigger than our record signing though, I guess. didnt stop them going down mind.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Diallo was £12.7m according to The Athletic, £11m according to the BBC. He looks a million miles from the player `dominating' midfields in France. He's not improved at all since he came, in fact he's gone backwards IMO. He doesn't understand the position or the role  being asked of him. He doesn't mark, he doesn't sit in the right position, he doesn't show enough. He doesn't dominate. When he arrived he looked like he had something about him. Great body position and the ability to get out of tight areas. He just needed t impose himself more. That potential seems a million miles away right now. Really depressing that he hasn't progressed.  CM is a critical position. We seriously need to look at an upgrade there.

He has certainly gone backwards, that's probably down to a lack of playing time really and Ralph not helping the situation by trying to shoehorn him in at RB, or Right wing at times last season. He doesn't seem physical enough to compete in the middle, but as a squad player in the number 10ish sort of role he could provide something. Just as long as he has protection behind him, as when it's JWP and Diallo most teams in world football will dominate us.

As you said, midfield is the engine room and it's been painfully shit since we let Morgan and Wanyama go, we've never really replaced either. (well, we've tried to be clever with the replacements)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Dont forget earlier this season lots of people were suggesting we should start him above JWP, another player who has fallen away

this is why I don’t buy the narrative from the Ralph defenders that this is the worst squad ever, and we should be lucky to get any wins at all. 

so many players have shown so much more than what we get out of them now

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I know we are hampered by certain constraints, but there are bargains still to be had, Wolves for example have a keeper who is head and shoulders above anything we have. I don't think they paid a huge fee for him. I think the two players Spurs signed from Italy in January weren't for huge fees either, I get that they have more pulling power than us, but those are the sort of players we need to be aiming for. 

Villa tried to get Bentacur but once Spurs came in that was over, funnily enough though I'm sure I remember us being linked him him way back in the day.

Dejan the winger is on loan, I think it was a £15m loan fee and then another £20m to make it perm at the end of the season. Again, out of our league really.

10 minutes ago, Bob76 said:

He could always try something radical like adapting and changing during the game, you never know it may work.

Exactly. Yet again Ralph waits until we concede before he makes any tactical or personnel changes. Diallo Is fucking woeful, how he remained on the field until the scored their second is a mystery to me. 

We had no plan othe than swamp the middle of the field to try and prevent them playing through us.

can we finally write of Tella, he is 22 and offers nothing at this level?

Jesus, we need a minor miracle in the summer and I just can’t see it happening with the budget I suspect we have. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

I think Berge was £22m. Still bigger than our record signing though, I guess. didnt stop them going down mind.

Ah you're right, that headline £35m I've seen banded about is his release clause in his Sheffield contract.

Either way though it does show you how values of players have shifted. Back in 2014 someone of Berges quality playing for Genk would have prob been around the 10m mark.

We only signed Diallo because Sangare turned us down, went to PSV and is now wanted by top clubs around Europe. 

So we sign Diallo who would struggle to get into Norwich or Watford’s teams. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MAY-Z said:

so many players have shown so much more than what we get out of them now

Ralph himself did so, but sadly it didn't last. I am not convinced we have too many top class players, but you are right, we should be getting a better tune out of them than we have done recently.  It's gone badly wrong. We have survived, from a business point if view that will have bene the aim, but it feels a long way short fi something to celebrate. All we can ask is for a decent window and the side come out fighting/attacking next season. 

One note. I wonder if the absolute battering we took against Chelsea led directly to this shape/tactics/display/performance tonight? After that display perhaps its little surprise there is no confidence to take on a big boy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Appy said:

We only signed Diallo because Sangare turned us down, went to PSV and is now wanted by top clubs around Europe. 

So we sign Diallo who would struggle to get into Norwich or Watford’s teams. 

Diallo was a strange alternative really, because Sangare is the 'powerful' dominant CM you'd have thought we were after. Diallo is like the total opposite of that. And you could probably say we didn't need someone like him at that point, because we already had 'JWP' in the 'weak' midfielder role and Smallbone if we really wanted to blood youth.

• Like 2

Why start with Tella when we’ve got Che on the bench? Why leave him on when he’s obviously painfully ineffective?

What has Adam Armstrong said or done that he never gets a run out? Whenever I’ve seen him play he looks lively.

I didn’t realise Diallo was on the pitch until half time. 

What is the point?

• Like 6

I reckon in Ralph's mind he was hoping for something like Arsenal. Concede pretty much everything, try and nick a goal by punting to Broja, then hold on for dear life. We didn't get a break away in either, but did get a good individual goal from Redmond here. Ralph must have been reaching for his hanky to stem the flow of tears.

But we never looked like holding onto it. A team carrying injuries to FF, Perraud and Stu prompted some changes. I don't know if Romeu is carrying a knock and Bednerak hasn't been stellar of late, and there's that lose of focus to his national team thing. AA seems well out of contention.

Rather than play Adams, Ralph is pinning his hopes on a hoof to Broja, who just looks isolated. Using Small one as a link, didn't work at all.

That may have been the plan against the might of Liverpool. But that wasn't the team we faced. It's the lack of realisation that we could do more than allow them to shoot at will that disappoints. We had one plan and stuck to it until it was far too late. Despite weakened opposition and despite everyone else seeing that their goals were coming.

We've already seen that JWP and Diallo doesn't work. Tella would probably work better with Stu, which may not have been a starting option. But Stu replacing him was surely an option earlier than we got.

We had opportunities to switch it before the second. But Ralph chose not to do anything. You could look at all those points dropped as a plus in that at least we're getting into those positions. That, like Brighton's xG, it's improvements in personnel that will allow us to keep those leads.

But it's every bit as much that we have a manager who is unable to alter a game plan once it's set in motion, and offers no contingencies when it goes wrong. Ridiculous fawning comments on this being our Champs League final won nil points either.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, nta786 said:
  • Southampton have dropped 29 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season, the most of any side and the most by a team in a single season since the Saints themselves dropped 29 in the 2018-19 season.
  • Since the start of March, only Watford (9) have lost more Premier League games than Southampton (8), while only the Hornets have shipped more goals (28) than the Saints (26).
  • No team has conceded more headers than Southampton (14)

So these are the automisms Ralph speaks of

lose from winning positions,

automatically concede  goals,

automatically concede from headers? 

That was a dire show against a mostly reserve Liverpool team. A team that played like they were in a practice game. Perhaps the only Saints player that left the pitch deserving credit was Redmond. We really do have some very average/poor players and my forecast at the start of the season that we would finish in 16th place wasn’t far off. 

As for Ralf, thank you and goodbye.

• Like 3

I'm just glad we are safe, because if that was our 'Champions League Final' then God help us,  I've seen more effort, commitment and skill on Hedge End rec on a Sunday morning. SFC, go take a good long look in the mirror, as one of our former managers might have suggested.  Woeful season. 

• Like 2

So we play Smallbone as a second striker against Watford gets dragged off at half time….good enough to start yet not played 1 minute since.

Diallo not played for months gets put straight in, Stephens not played for months yet straight in…..can you see a pattern from Clueless Ralph?

How does a player get match fit ? Get accustomed to pace of games?

None of these players come on as subs yet start weeks later.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

whose a possible replacement ?

I would be best qualified to answer that if I was on our scouting network who are highly-paid to find suitable candidates. I rest assured that, as has been stated, the club always have the next manager/player lined up to replace outgoings.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Give it to Ron said:

So we play Smallbone as a second striker against Watford gets dragged off at half time….good enough to start yet not played 1 minute since.

Diallo not played for months gets put straight in, Stephens not played for months yet straight in…..can you see a pattern from Clueless Ralph?

Tella (despite never playing particularly well) randomly starts.

songle striker, Adams is your man. 

Ralph’s time here has come to an end, but the mythical brilliant leadership at SFC will back him for another year

• Like 3

I don’t think I have been sat in the presence of so many Liverpool fans in the Chapel - one behind I had to tell to behave and respect where he’s sat if he wants to see all 90 minutes. It’s bad enough hearing to our own support without a clue, then hearing someone in my left ear getting all excited from the first whistle for the opposition. Then moments later be told I’m sitting in the wrong seat by a couple of late arrivals with season tickets for the 2 seats beside me that have had different faces sat there for most of the season or empty. I don’t mind these seats being filled just expect respect from these tourists for where they are sitting. 

As for the game, there isn’t much to be added to what has already been said above. Aside from getting annoyed at the lack of imagination in the play. Allison for Liverpool gets the ball and starts the attack quickly, we on the flip side, McCarthy persisting with this Bollocks of tippy tappy goal kicks with Stephen’s and Lyanco to achieve what? Broja is stood just outside Winchester on the halfway line  with Konate for company but has the pace to beat him in a race, to the left and right in the oppos half there is acres of space and in Tella and Moi 2 players with a turn of speed (even Livramento earlier in the season) , just now and again ping the damn ball from a goal kick into that space and make the opposition think hmmmm, and open up the space for the new style tippy tappy cobblers goal kicks to maybe work. 
Whole thing needs a damn good shake. 

• Like 1

We’ll that was my last game as a ST holder. I just want to say fuck you very much to Ralph for dishing up such an terribly boring event for me.
There are so many issues around the squad it’s depressing but last night was a disgrace. I understand the need to set up defensively for a good part of the game, but at 65 minutes they’re not going to score 8 goals, so change it up and go for a draw! Just spineless and boring. If I didn’t know better I’d say Ralph gave Klopp that game deliberately.

Didn’t stay for the lap of dishonour - feel very little for this Manager and his team now. Huge changes needed in the summer, but we all know it’s not going to happen. Think odds on relegation are pretty poor right now.

If Burnley and Everton win their remaining 2 games and we lose to Leicester we will end up in 17th place. A pretty miserable end to a season which had us playing some good football at times but for whatever reason we can never keep that up for any length of time. In last night's game even a hugely depleted Liverpool side could not instill any hope or fight in our lot. I wonder if Ralph needs to go during the summer. He seems all out of ideas now. I appreciate we don't have unlimited funds to make too many changes to the team but I hope we can concentrate on a solid striker. With Broja going back to Chelsea that leaves us Adams, Armstrong and Long. Not a trio to put the fear of God in anyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Boy Saint said:
As for the game, there isn’t much to be added to what has already been said above. Aside from getting annoyed at the lack of imagination in the play. Allison for Liverpool gets the ball and starts the attack quickly, we on the flip side, McCarthy persisting with this Bollocks of tippy tappy goal kicks with Stephen’s and Lyanco to achieve what? Broja is stood just outside Winchester on the halfway line  with Konate for company but has the pace to beat him in a race, to the left and right in the oppos half there is acres of space and in Tella and Moi 2 players with a turn of speed (even Livramento earlier in the season) , just now and again ping the damn ball from a goal kick into that space and make the opposition think hmmmm, and open up the space for the new style tippy tappy cobblers goal kicks to maybe work. 
Whole thing needs a damn good shake. 

With the pace of Borja and Tella the only tactic that would work would have been to send the ball upfield quickly by dropping it over the heads of their defenders. Tippy tappy fiddling about in our penalty box is asking for trouble.

• Like 4

I'll start by saying I am ususally a glass half full guy. My one and only visit to SMS of the season ( seen plenty on tv/streams) along with 31587 others. My take away impression from the game was why the fuck do those other 28000 or so home fans keep turning up week after week to watch that?  I'm old enough to have been a regular during (in order of preference) The LawrieMac Galacticos era, Chris Nichols shit or bust 424 era, The Koemanl/Pochetino seriously top 6 contenders era.  If this game was representative of the entire season then that dross is down there with the Branfoot era.

Anyone stay for the lap of apology? I can only imagine anyone that did would be ther sort that would clap and cheer regardless. I was probably halfway over the Itchen Bridge by then.

• Like 2

SFC is not fit for purpose. No entertainment value and just cannon fodder for  teams to come and destroy us for the cameras.

IMO the new owners are as ambitious as the Katrina and Gao, 'sustainability' = Milk the club and us the mug fans who buy into it swallow the bile served up time and again.

Watching that shell of a team was so depressing. I couldn't bear to watch a lot of it as it was obvious even a goal up we had no belief that we could win.

It was a big chance to make us the headlines and for Sky to have to analysis us instead of 20 minutes after the game talk up their agenda to pressure Man City. Carragher Redknapp and kelly Cates all Liverpool, then BBC sport had the rat Lallana drooling over Klopp then a ten minute interview with the piano key toothed twat.

This was a re run of the Cup semi final against Leicester where Ralph was more concerned in losing to a low score.

I cant change the club I love, I just wish I hadn't been indoctrinated since i was 7 or 8 into it being the club of my dreams ( a long 55 years later). and will again have to put up with the patronising and smug Liverpool fans who are from around here.

Edited by OldNick
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Give it to Ron said:

I was thinking the same thing during the game but then I looked at the Victims team and wondered how they didn’t look so rusty ?

Yes it was a depleted Liverpool team, but the whole club si so well drilled at its pressing game that, once they remembered this after 20 minutes, we could barely string 3 passes together. When JWP or Diallo tried to control and turn they had 3 men on the at times. 

Agree with the above posters that we should have been hitting the channels. The one time we did that right in the 2nd half resulted in a free kick to us and what should have been at least a  yellow card for Milner.

Yet again we failed to deal with a player floating   just behind the front 2.  This time it was Firmino, but the same happened with Coutinho, Mount and Erickson. This has to change. Earlier in the season we  did this at Man City and Chelsea, so why not now ?

Whoever is responsible for assigning markers at set pieces needs sacking . KWP on their tallest centre back FFS ! 

At least Redmond put in a shift for once .    

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bob76 said:

After Ralph saw the Liverp line up once game started he should have changed tactics at least at half time and added another striker up front.  when he did make changes it was to bring on two replacement mid fielders.thought WHAT WAS THE POINT IN THAT.  Che came on too late.  I thought Redders covered a lot of ground and had a good game.

Klopp's 9 changes was a clear statement that if Saints allowed a soft win they would avoid a beating. The players were scared of Liverpool absolutely no fight or passion from the majority. I exempt Stephens, Lyanco, and Redmond they were ok but the rest ......

Ref had a sense of theatre and I don't blame him. If Saints weren't going to make the effort he wasn't going to dampen down on the low level fouls of Milner and co. The rest of the world wanted a Sunday show down. We should have busted a gut to spoil that party. Pep would be within his rights to ask questions.

I didn't like McCarthy being booed that's not right ... ever, but I totally get it. Ralph should never have put him in that position, or any other, before some smart arse on here makes that quip.

What a horrible and depressing end to the season after such hope at Spurs and West Ham.

Lets just hope our new owners are ready to make the necessary changes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

Really, really poor.

I've come to the conclusion Ralph isn't the problem, it's the players. I want the squad overhauled.

A new goalkeeper, a new centre back, another winger and a striker the bare minimum

What about Pope   for a goalie if Burnley go down 

Nick Pope come to Saints? He’s better than that. Any decent football player want success/Medals/to win something and big pay packets. They won’t win any of those with teams like Saints/Palace/Brentford/Brighton.

5 minutes ago, Ldnsaint said:

another pathetic performance, no doubting it would've been 6-0+ against their first team. 

Tella is one of the worst players I've seen in a saints shirt, dreadful. 

Personally thought Diallo and Stephens were worse last night, but Tella is one of the most wasteful players on the ball I've ever seen for us. I've quite liked him at times, but he gives the ball away so much either carelessly or miscontrolling the ball. We have too many players that are not good enough to play in the premier league and that is our biggest issue.

Last night we had: McCarthy, Stephens, Diallo, Tella, Broja (at current standards), who are not good enough to play in this league, and thats half the team. It's drags down the ones that are good enough.  I can only assume Diallo has played because Romeu is off in the summer. He was shocking against Brentford and he was shocking last night, and I fully expect him to start against Leicester, and I'm sure he'll be shocking then too.

2 minutes ago, Totton Saint said:

SALUSI'S LOG THROWS WERE ALWAYS GOBBLED UP BY LIVERP.  YET WE PERSISTED WITH THEM INSTEAD OF THROWING TO A NEARBY TEAM MATE. THE DEFIINITION OF MADNESS PERSONIFIED

I’m yet to even see a long throw by him. Every single 1 loops up in the air like a double ended sex toy and goes no more than 15 meters. I could probably fart it further than he throws it. 

Lyanco was the only 1 that looked like he cared last night.