Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, Warriorsaint said:

The collective blood pressure in this thread is laughable. 
Its a 90 minute game 😂 

Part of the joy of being a football fan. When things are going badly we feel miserable. When it's going well we are overjoyed. We get the whole range at Saints.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

The collective blood pressure in this thread is laughable. 
Its a 90 minute game 😂 

So get the manager to allow us to 'play' for 90 minutes, not have to dig ourselves out of a pile of shyte for the last 20 minutes when his hand is forced.

• Like 2

Just now, Saint NL said:

Jwp has been quite poor today. He always seems to start the season slowly

He's been playing in a ridiculous system same as the rest of them. Not until Ralph's hand is forced do we start playing the way we know we can. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, John B said:

I dont dispute what you are saying

But I still feel it is the quality of the squad which needs addressing as this current squad is poor

It is ridiculous to expect to survive in the PL without two decent strikers

The full back situation seems bizzare with Djneppo playing in a back 5 because both Tino and Perraud are injured especially at ho

I will give him another chance if he ditches three at the back

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, obelisk said:

What a change. Saints have some good players. They just need to be allowed to play.

This.

We, and RH, are all about energy, press, balls-out football.

Fuck the 3 at the back, 'safety' nonsense.

Glory or go out on your shield.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

An amazing fightback and most if you sarky lot can’t enjoy it. What joy do you actually get out of football?

There's no sarcasm - he dug a bloody great hole and dumped us in it with his formation.  Everybody, other than Ralf, can see that the 5 at the back don't work and stifles us up front.  It's pretty simply stuff really.  Get him gone.

Edited by Micky
  • Like 3

He's probably kept his job with draw.

But my god how inept he is in terms of tactical approach

setting up in a 5-4-1 in a winnable game at home

Just look at the difference an attacking formation made.

2 points dropped.

The positives, it looks like the recrutment department have made smart hires (Mara, Lavia, Bazanu, aribo all look decent)

Please let that be the last time bednarek plays for southampton.

• Like 5

A decent manager with these players picks the right formation from the start and we win that game comfortably. Our clever clown outsmarts himself and very nearly throws away all 3 points instead of just the 2. Get him gone now and, if anything, this game only goes to reinforce how clueless he has become. Good fightback to earn a battling point, should have been 3 and signs of what we can do if the set up is right.

• Like 1

Good character to fight back from 2 down. The question is has Ralph learned from this?

If he starts with 4 at the back, drops Bednarek, starts Aribo and Mara next time then I think he buys himself a bit more time. If he starts with 5 at the back and Bednarek is in the starting line up he can just fuck off.

• Like 1

Pull the camera back, and you can see a ton to be excited about for the season. We have some truly awesome new players. Plus Djenepo revived. Seems clear the team work better w 4 at the back. Apart from anything else, we just have much better players avail midfield.  Are Romeu and Aribo better than Bednarek? Well yes they are.  Hopefully, the clarity of the difference in our two phases today will allow us to press on w the formation we're better at and make full use of the impressive squad we now have.

I really wish we cd have found that final goal. But in the circumstances 2-2 will do, and I'll be looking forward to the next few games. I think we'll surprise one of the big teams we're up against.

• Like 4

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Great come back, but clearly the 3/5 set up HAS to be ditched (along with Ralph).

Just think, literally 8 days ago Valery was deemed better than ABK.

Ralph OUT

Was he deemed better? Perhaps as was said it was more about not blooding too many new players at once, especially in a tough away game.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic