Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

Huge game already and they have a good win for their opener.

Ralph needs to stop being a pillock and play our best players in their natural positions and STOP getting our CBs to take attacking throws. The mess of the formation at Spurs was both planned and entirely predictable.  Valery starting ffs!!!

My team (and no chance will Ralph do this)

Bazunu

KwP AB Salisu Perraud

Rom Lavia JwP

Aribo Stu

Adams

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 12

Massive game. Last season it took us too long to get a win, so if we can get that 3 points on the board 'early doors' then we won't have as much pressure going into Man Utd and Chelsea.

I think with our current personal your line up is the best bet, but if we get a 'leading' striker in before this game then we can go two up top and drop Romeu. He looked leggy today I felt, which worryingly was how he looked most of the 2nd half of last season. Does make you wonder if he's starting to struggle a bit with the pace of the game nowadays.

Ralph needs to keep it simple, all of this overthinking bollocks he's clearly doing isn't helping anyone. 

• Like 1

Bit tragic that we've reached our first "must win" game one week into the season, but here we are.

If we don't manage to pull off a result, our next best chance won't be until halfway through September.

Lot of pressure on the manager. Or there should be. Absolute busted flush.

• Like 2

I'm expecting the worst and I bet RH surprises me with an even lower level of total ineptitude.

He should have been given his marching orders the moment he was babbling about retirement.

If not that, then for the end of season shit show he put is through. 

This assclown needs to go find another butt circus!

• Like 2

Wait, we have to play more games? Damn.

We really need something from this bearing in mind our next few fixtures after but Leeds won today coming from behind so won't be pushovers. It's games like this we HAVE to win if we want to stay up - but I can't see it. Hopefully we bring a player or two in midweek but this may come too soon for them to play.

I think Ralph will stick to the 3 CBs in which case I'd rather see ABK, Stephens and Salisu. I think this will be, at best, a draw. 1-1.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints v Leeds - Saturday 3pm
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic
2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Ralph needs to stop being a pillock and play our best players in their natural positions and STOP getting our CBs to take attacking throws. The mess of the formation at Spurs was both planned and entirely predictable.  Valery starting ffs!!!

Bazunu

KwP AB Salisu Perraud

Rom Lavia JwP

Aribo Stu

Adams

I think a lot of us would be happy with that sort of line up - just a simple change to fitting round pegs snugly into round holes rather than taking a sledgehammer and trying to insert square pegs into round holes where they clearly don't belong. It's not rocket science.

Edited by saintant
  • Like 1

Just now, ally_uk said:

https://ibb.co/F6sNWXm 

That is my Line up I would go with 

Back four of Perraud, Salisu, Ketchup and KWP

A Three man midfield of Romeu, Lavia, Prowse. 

Foward line of  Stu Armstrong, Aribo supporting Che Adams as lone striker 

much better than the line up today!

Yep 90% of us see it. Unfortunately RH thinks otherwise...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

Ralph said on MOTD tonight we can’t defend - so I am expecting to see goals goals goals!!!

Hey Ho - let’s see

It's like a baker complaining that all the bread he's selling is burnt despite having all summer to take a look at and fix or replace his oven.

Enough excuses. Times up!

10 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

It's like a baker complaining that all the bread he's selling is burnt despite having all summer to take a look at and fix or replace his oven.

Enough excuses. Times up!

Well the Baker has said he doesn’t intend to make bread anymore in 2 years time, what’s the point of fixing his oven?

Edited by John Boy Saint
  • Like 5

It would be very Ralph to blame the team that played yesterday despite the fact he bloody picked them.

Therefore I Ralph’s tiny overthinking, underperforming brain picking:
McCarthy, KWP, ABK, Stephens, Perraud, JWP, Diallo, Chauke, Mara, N’Lundulu, Djenepo

The scary thing is WE ALL know this could happen. 👀🤣

3 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

McCarthy, KWP, ABK, Stephens, Perraud, JWP, Diallo, Chauke, Mara, N’Lundulu, Djenepo

The scary thing is WE ALL know this could happen. 👀🤣

It can't happen.

For a start two of the players are out on loan at Football League clubs!

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

It'll be another shit show, can't remember the last time we won a game comfortably.  We have no leaders, (Connor Coady is available...!), when it gets tough we fold. If Leeds score first (and let's face it, they will score) I can't see us having the gonads to get back in.  Game day two is gonna be massive. 

10 hours ago, JRM said:

#Ralph-Out.

Absolute mess, terrible run , time to go 

Agree. New manager bounce and we might even beat Leeds - if not can only see another match with square pegs in round holes, weird tactics and an embarrassing defeat.

I really hope Ralph sticks with Bazunu. His debut was a little shaky but the defense in front of him was a shambles. Dropping him would wreck his confidence and I swear to god if we go through another season with McCarthy as number one... 😡 It would be unforgivable.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I really hope Ralph sticks with Bazunu. His debut was a little shaky but the defense in front of him was a shambles. Dropping him would wreck his confidence and I swear to god if we go through another season with McCarthy as number one... 😡 It would be unforgivable.

I'd think he will start. He wasn't at fault for the goals. Distribution a bit wayward, but not to McCarthy levels of random fans seeing their lives flash before their eyes.

🙂

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I'd think so. He wasn't at fault for the goals. Distribution a bit wayward, b🙂 ot to McCarthy levels of random fans seeing their lives flash before their eyes. 

I found the distribution thing quite weird, in the pre-season games I watched that was one of his better qualities. ''At least he doesn't kick it out of play''. But straight away yesterday you could see he had more nerves and panic around his overall game, which contributed to rushed clearances. It seems to be a theme of all of our 'players' once they get into a competitive game, they panic and start doing odd things that they weren't doing in 'lesser' games. 

There is a huge mental problem with these players in my opinion, somewhat made worse by the haunting 9-0's , 6-0's etc. Panic and nerves are catching as well, it doesn't take long to travel around the side especially to the younger players. We need better 'established' players without a doubt.

Edited by S-Clarke

14 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Bazunu

KwP AB Salisu Perraud

Rom Lavia JwP

Aribo Stu

Adams

Absolutely that’s our best team at the moment. So expect RH to go with something completely opposite. 

16 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I found the distribution thing quite weird, in the pre-season games I watched that was one of his better qualities. ''At least he doesn't kick it out of play''. But straight away yesterday you could see he had more nerves and panic around his overall game, which contributed to rushed clearances. It seems to be a theme of all of our 'players' once they get into a competitive game, they panic and start doing odd things that they weren't doing in 'lesser' games. 

There is a huge mental problem with these players in my opinion, somewhat made worse by the haunting 9-0's , 6-0's etc. Panic and nerves are catching as well, it doesn't take long to travel around the side especially to the younger players. We need better 'established' players without a doubt.

I'm sure he wanted to have a decent debut, which can bring its own pressure. He was very scowly in concentration yesterday.

Panic and nerves will ease once he realises he's got a solid group in front of...ah ...hang on... emergency rewrite... panic and nerves will ease once he realises he's going to be picking the ball out of his net 3 or 4 times a game through no fault of his own anyway. 🙂

21 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Lets hope we dont turn him into another Angus Gunn

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Of course he will. 

I don't understand people posting this sort of stuff. Bazunu is clearly our number 1 now. 

24 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I was surprised by his kicking, didn't seem as clean as it normally is. I'll put that down to nerves.

Still, even when some balls were coming up just short or a little long he was at least aiming for players rather than smashing it hard as he could.

Also his short passing was good, no one seemed to get nervous when the ball was played back to him like they did with the last couple of keepers.

Absolutely no reason to feel optimistic for this one. Our terrible form of last season has continued with the same issues that we’ve had for years. Crap at defending, far too easy to score against, lack of heart and bottle in the team and weird tactics and leadership off it. Leeds will fancy this one. No shame in losing away to spurs but the manner of defeat was troubling. Need a win badly to give the team confidence and a lift, plus you’d think Leeds will be one of the teams around us come the end of the season but I can’t really see where one is coming from. 

• Like 4

If we are worried about Leeds, then we are in trouble. They have been weakened and Saints were better last year. Supposedly our team has been strengthened.

Reading the posts there seems to be a real concensus about the team required. If Ralph ignores that he is in trouble.

I'd go back 4

KWP Stephens Salusu Perraud

Obviously AWB should be in Stephens's place but I'm not sure he should be blooded in the current circumstances.

I do not want to see Bendarek or Dejnepo anywhere near that team.

The ultimate wind up will be Mccarthy in goal, it will get ugly then  but I can't see even Ralph doing that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Bazanu

KWP Bella-Kotchap Salisu Perraud

JWP Lavia Romeu

S Armstrong  Aribo

Adams

Will be a bit desperate already if we lose this on Saturday. 

That would mean playing your best players in their best positions, which isn’t something our manager does

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Bazanu

JWP Lavia Romeu

S Armstrong  Aribo

Adams

That is literally our best side at present IMO. Granted even Salisu effed up yesterday but he's still probably one of our two best CBs. Why Ralph can't see it I'll never know. I don't have an issue with Djenepo at LWB who seems to be doing Ok there but playing Valery at RCB is borderline criminal over other, better players. I'd like to see us with a new striker in the next couple of days that can start against Leeds but I'm not holding my breath. Same 3 at the back, same lame attack, same shite.

4 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I'd think he will start. He wasn't at fault for the goals. Distribution a bit wayward, but not to McCarthy levels of random fans seeing their lives flash before their eyes.

🙂

If McCarthy had distributed like Bazunu yesterday, people on here would all be going bonkers

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Bazanu

JWP Lavia Romeu

S Armstrong  Aribo

Adams

I like the look of this but can't help thinking Ralf will either stick with the 5-3-2 or revert to the 4-2-2-2

God help us if it's the former, if it's the latter I'd like to see:

Bazunu

KWP ABK Salisu Perraud

JWP Lavia

Aribo S.Armstrong

Adams A.Armstrong

(Not that I think Adam Armstrong is good enough - just simply the best of a bunch of bad options)

Whatever happens this is a game we should win and a loss should see Ralph walking IMO

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Bazanu

JWP Lavia Romeu

S Armstrong  Aribo

Adams

Said exactly the same team/formation in another thread 👍🏻
By far our best team but I’m sure even if those eleven started they’d all be played out of position by our tactically clueless manager.

Perraud will surely come in, I presume he didn't start because he wasn't ready to play 90 mins. Bella-Kotchap is a definite, one of Salisu/Bednarek has to be dropped. Keep the same midfield. I'd go Aribo, Adams and either A or S Armstrong up front. 4-3-3 would work I think.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic