Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Now that an Amber Extreme Heat Weather Warning has been issued by the Met Office, I wonder if the game is under threat? 

No chance, weather would have to be approaching 40 for any threat to the game. 

1 hour ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Now that an Amber Extreme Heat Weather Warning has been issued by the Met Office, I wonder if the game is under threat? 

Nah, just will be cooling breaks I guess

Just hope I'm in the shade in the ground at least. That Spurs away end with the sun blaring all game is probably the worst ever away day experience. Horrific 

17 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Just hope I'm in the shade in the ground at least. That Spurs away end with the sun blaring all game is probably the worst ever away day experience. Horrific 

Itchen stand and front half of the Northam will be in the sun most of the game, Spurs was bad, half time someone was asking for a free cup of water as didn't want to buy a bottle , stadium should be handing it out in those conditions 

41 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Sounds nasty, I'm not a sun worshiper so hoping my position at the back of the Kingsland will be one of the better places to be.

I guess there's no reason why the game can't go-ahead fine with suitable measures in place for fans and players.  Hopefully the club are on the ball. 

33 minutes ago, JRM said:

Itchen stand and front half of the Northam will be in the sun most of the game, Spurs was bad, half time someone was asking for a free cup of water as didn't want to buy a bottle , stadium should be handing it out in those conditions 

They had a water fountain upstairs at Spurs. Not sure if there were others but thought that was a good idea.

Those middle seats in the Itchen always look good until you realise the sun can be glaring at you all game.

14 minutes ago, fanimal said:

Given they know about the heatwave well in advance why not switch the kick off to 6pm?

oh forgot a few pissheads take precedence over proper fans fainting 

It'll be just as hot at 6pm. Given the rail strikes on Saturday too, moving the time a couple of days before kick-off would be ridiculously unfair on anyone who has already had to adjust their travel plans once. 

Edited by Saint_lambden
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, fanimal said:

Given they know about the heatwave well in advance why not switch the kick off to 6pm?

BBC Weather says temp in Southampton will be 30C at 3pm, 29C at 6pm and 29C at 8pm. So shifting to a 6pm kickoff doesn't really help much.

35 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

BBC Weather says temp in Southampton will be 30C at 3pm, 29C at 6pm and 29C at 8pm. So shifting to a 6pm kickoff doesn't really help much.

The temp might not change much but angle of the sun does, most of the ground would be in the shade, but I agree not worth changing this close to the game. 

Leeds end will all have their shirts off will look like they did at Bournemouth 1990 carnage 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fanimal said:

Hahahaha

What about people that suddenly couldn't make the game if it was moved to 6pm? Don't worry about them? 

It's not like it's 40 degrees. Whack on some sun lotion, wear a hat and bring some water or whatever.

Also, surely pissheads are more likely to pass out due to hydration brought on by excessive alcohol consumption?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Hahahaha

What about people that suddenly couldn't make the game if it was moved to 6pm? Don't worry about them? 

It's not like it's 40 degrees. Whack on some sun lotion, wear a hat and bring some water or whatever.

Also, surely pissheads are more likely to pass out due to hydration brought on by excessive alcohol consumption?

At least we won't need to fake injuries for a team catch up on 70 mins, game will be stopped for water breaks like in those hot world Cup games 

8 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

Wasn't it terrible, I always look forward to Spurs, nice ground, but that was as you say horrific. Loads around us went in for a beer couldn't stay out there. 

Never known it be like that before.

On 09/08/2022 at 21:01, macca155 said:

Wasn't it terrible, I always look forward to Spurs, nice ground, but that was as you say horrific. Loads around us went in for a beer couldn't stay out there. 

Never known it be like that before.

1 water fountain for 3,000 fans in 30C heat. Very poor.

Couldn't get near the bar to buy a bottle of water/beer at HT and at 2.45pm by the time got to the front of the  queue that crappy new beer machine they have failed. Not sure why everyone raves about the ground. It looks good, but as a fan experience I thought it was poor.

• Like 1

Gawd help Ralph if we're losing at half time, they'll hear the boos from space. It would be a huge morale booster to get an early goal or two. With Leeds players still settling in this is a good time to play them but they've already won which isn't good. We could already be six points behind our relegation rivals after two games so we definitely need something from this game. I still think 1-1 but it depends on the line up I guess.

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

Gawd help Ralph if we're losing at half time, they'll hear the boos from space. It would be a huge morale booster to get an early goal or two. With Leeds players still settling in this is a good time to play them but they've already won which isn't good. We could already be six points behind our relegation rivals after two games so we definitely need something from this game. I still think 1-1 but it depends on the line up I guess.

I think that depends on the manner in which we are losing, we know this season is going to be a struggle, but weird team selections, chaotic play and a lack of effort could definitely get a negative reaction (see Spurs last week fr reference).

Going to be fun in the stands if there's loads of Leeds in the home ends and we go a couple down.

Quite looking forward to it. I like a game with a bit of edge.

Also excited to see if the nipper who sat behind us last season is going to be back to hurl abuse at the ref regardless of whether he's got the decision wrong or not. It was getting to the point last season when even this kid's own family were getting annoyed with him.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2022 at 00:31, qwertyell said:

Not really bothered about his distribution, but a couple of Spurs' goals were concerning for me. Gunny didn't really make lots of mistakes - his problem was that he was simply too easy to score past. He never saved anything; like having a hologram in goal.

Bazunu couldn't do much about Sessegnon's point blank header or Salisu's donkey defending, but Dier's header wasn't in the corner and he got nowhere near it. No spring in his dive, just flopped to the floor.

And Kulusevski's side footed finish wasn't in the corner either. Again Bazunu's dive didn't get within a yard of it.

He's not the tallest keeper, and if he hasn't got the spring to cover the ground, I think he's going to have problems. 

It's only one game, of course, but he looked very easy to score against - the saves he did make were straight at him - and gave me a few Gunny flashbacks.

from the highlight, the goal looked massive with him in it. Did he come for any crosses? How did he do?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic