Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

11 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

1-3 away win. Atmosphere gets toxic in the ground, all kicks off in block 1, St Mary’s finally finds its voice of dissent towards Ralph, meltdown ensues across social media platforms and forums. 

The sad thing is, this is exactly what I expect to happen today.

• Sad 1

On 12/08/2022 at 10:04, Suhari said:

Feels like a massive game this. Come out with pressing, energy and effervescence and the world will be a much happier place. Set out a defensive, rabbit-in-headlights, safety first and things wil turn nasty quick.

Will we play the 'open to offers' guys? Shop window, or will they give a shit? I'm guessing they don't start.

Baz

KWP - ABK - Salisu - Perraud

Romeu - Lav

JWP - Aribo - Stu

AA (prefer Che though)

The kids'll come good. 3-1 Saints. I remain an optimist.

Exactly this, so it'll never happen. Am fully expecting Ely and Redmond to start......

On 12/08/2022 at 10:21, rudi7s said:

Performance matters more than result here. The worst thing about our recent run is how we have been the worse side in all of them, even where we picked up points.

We lost 3-1 to Everton in the opening game last year, and were pretty bad, but from there very quickly competitive and impressed a lot in our first home game vs utd.

Not overly confident tbh, but this surely gives us much better balance positionally:

Baz

KWP ABK Sali Perraud

Lavia

JWP Romeu

Aribo Che S Armstrong

BUT we havent played with 4 atb all pre -season, i doubt RH ditches 5 this early

Agree👍

Word of the day: bravery.

We need RH to be brave with his selection and tactics, and we need the players to be brave from the off.

If we do our timid act then I think the atmosphere will get toxic (and we'll gt beat). Team needs to go for it - if we lose 4-3 and have given it everything that's okay with me. Have to see some drive and energy today.

• Like 1

Got confidence that we’ll play well today, it’s definitely our most winnable game of the first five by far and if we come away from these first set of games, with 3/4 points or miraculously more, I think we should be happy.

Opposingly, if we get gubbed today, it could see us bottom of the league, five matches in with zero points, that would just leave us in an awful position unless by some miracle, 16/17th place was still within three or four points of us by then.

Expecting us to be up for this game, soon find out how we expect things to go when the 2pm teamsheet is released, but I’ve got confidence we can take a few goals off this Leeds team and play well.

Just now, Saints foreva said:

5 at the back in a winnable home game. 

There is nothing inherently wrong with 5 at the back, Spurs did it last week against us and we were a very winnable game for them.

We need a fullback clearly because Djenepo does not cut it for me at full-back and Perraud hasn't even made the bench despite being the face of the matchday programme. 

Other than that though, I'll back and support the team, Aribo needs to come on for Moi early if he is having a stinker 

Just now, jawillwill said:

Has Aribo accidently shown a bit too much positivity?

Maybe he’s another we can chalk down as piping up when Ralph does another ludicrous suggestion. Guess it’s enough to get the sack so Ralph’s bank balance will be fine. 

16 minutes ago, Saints foreva said:

5 at the back in a winnable home game. 

Which becomes 3 when attacking by adding two more offensive players. You do understand that, right? 

Mind you, I don’t get the missing Aribo piece. But, I’m willing to see how it plays out before losing my sh1t. 

Edited by Greenridge

Just now, DT said:

Djenepo. Christ. No Aribo. Elyounoussi up front. Does he pin the tail on a fucking donkey with these line ups? Just get out of our club

A fully energised Aribo would come on as a earlyish sub for Rangers and cause havoc. Stuart is a good starter with his experience and hopefully settle things down at the beginning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

image.png.33961a6f8cf8731d5bb413bcbe7bb1de.png

He really doesn’t help himself does he 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️
Maybe he is just desperate for that pay off!

Fuck Bednarek off and swap Aribo for Elyounoussi and play two up top and I’d say that’s the best he could’ve done (and yea reluctantly I mean with Djenepo playing full back when Dee down we know he shouldn’t be playing football full stop).

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic