Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, Jack said:

Jesus we’re bad at the back. Bailed out by Big Baz. Back 3/5 is horrible and I can’t believe we’re not a back 4 with 2 holding to protect them 

It’s mental. Just so often we’re exposed down either flank, it’s staring us in the face. Up the other end we’re totally reliant on KWP and Djenepo to provide the width and it just isn’t happening.

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Don’t all players? They have GPS trackers in for analysis, do they not?

Certainly I could imagine chest straps like those heart rate monitors but with GPS included but nothing the size of a sports bra 

Edited by adrian lord

Just now, adrian lord said:

Certainly I could imagine chest straps like those heart rate monitors but with GPS included but nothing the size of a sports braCertainly I could imagine chest straps like those heart rate monitors but with GPS included but nothing the size of a sports bra

Saints should have man bags to hide the ball and sneak it upfield...

Just now, Mr X said:

Been crap for some time yet Ralph still starts him a lot, but then who else have we got Redmond? 😂

Redmond not in the squad. Redmond was top of assists with JWP last season. So we have taken that out of the side

Difficult conditions for both teams. Leeds pressing the way we’re supposed to and we’re second best all over the pitch. Ref giving us nothing until the last few minutes. Lucky to be level at half time. Toothless up front and our final ball is pub-level awful. Like the look of ABK. Maybe Aribo will be able to spark something when he comes on. Pretty joyless, overall. 

Thought we have been generally poor, at home against a team who will be in the bottom half this season.  As per with this shite formation, we get done in the middle of the park (Ralph's playbook) and our spare man is in our defensive 3rd.

As said further up, if this is as good as it gets, then we will do well not to finish bottom.

Well that was not a good advert for the premier league.

Saints got better as it went on but we don’t look like doing anything up front. Elyounoussi is a passenger, got to get Big Joe on for him second half. Not sure Che Adams looks all that bothered. Djenepo is having a Djenepo but we’re a bit stuffed there.

This formation is bloody awful, I can’t stand it. It blunts our attack and leaves us massively vulnerable in defence down the flanks. 

Well ABK has been good, Lavia good again too.

Bedanrek has been awful

Nice save from Bazanu

Leeds a bit fortunate with the marginal last man tackle.

Don't get the formation at all. Gives us little in an attacking sense. Adams isolated on his own. Need to get armstrong on imo preferbaly for useless bednarek.

• Like 1

Poor game between a couple of poor sides. Leeds look more potent in attack but at least Saints have managed a clean sheet.

Saints look absolutely bereft of ideas and composure in attack. Long balls for runners looks more likely to cause danger so far.

2 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:It's also clear that we're struggling to do our normal press in this heat

I don’t think it was in the game plan to press - and arguably, on a day like this, shouldn’t have been.

Ralph looked like he had a contain first half, up the tempo second half plan. We now have some fresh front foot players to put on.

This could work out.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-2 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic