Wolves 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

WIll probably come down to whether we can be clinical or not. Against Man Utd we weren't, and against Chelsea we were. It was the difference, and not a lot else between those two games. 

No doubt Lavia will be a miss, but the squad is starting to pick itself really IMO.

Bazunu; KWP ABK Sali; Lavia JWP Adams

One of Perraud/Moussa.  3 of Aribo, Elyounoussi, AArmstrong, SArmstrong, but looks like Stuey is out of favour for whatever reason.  Might even see him off in the next few days I guess.

Probably Diallo in for Lavia at the weekend, thought he really grew into the game last night, after starting quite sloppily.  Needs to be better on the ball. 

Expecting this probably:

Bazunu; KWP ABK Sali Perraud; Diallo JWP Elyounoussi; AArmstrong Aribo Adams

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Wolves another team that somehow seem to get a result against us recently in the league.

Reckon will be a draw. Their new Austrian powerhouse striker with a late equaliser.

Think our own powerhouse ABK will have him in his pocket 🙂

4 wins in a row now! 😃 Seriously we seem to have clicked but it's dependant on the likes of Lavia being fit or not. 

Wolves don't score many but they're a good team although I think I predicted them to struggle pending transfers but it looks as if they're bringing in a striker so they should be fine. A draw would be a good result, a win would be great. 

We'll miss Lavia in this one, as their Portuguese midfield will probably be too much for Diallo and JWP alone (this is why we will need a replacement for Oriol).

Wolves fan's aren't keen on Lage though, which came as a surprise to me. A bit of an increasing tone that they want him out, they've had enough of him.

They don't score many goals but that's born out through style and pragmatism rather than a lack of quality, in my opinion. If we keep it tight then we can break on them and move their CB's around.

Edited by S-Clarke

This is another game where all the omens are against us. Wolves like to sit deep and hit you on the break which has been our Kryptonite under Ralph. They always seem to nick a goal or two no matter how well we play. We tend to play poorly after putting in a big performance against a top team. We're away from home and tend to struggle at Molineux. It's for this reason I can see no other result than a 3-1 win to Saints.

For the first time they'll be going up against ABK and Salisu so there won't be our traditional lack of pace at the back to exploit. We're also not pressing as high up the pitch and happier to soak up pressure than we were. Lastly, we've seen goals across our front players - Adams, Armstrong, Aribo, JWP now. Adams is making the target role his own and Adam A has a new lease of life now where he can be attacking defenders from facing them rather than trying to spin off them. 433 seems to give us more options in attack as well. Our new coaches offer fresh perspective tactically so we're more adaptable. We have an extra day to rest and prepare. And, Mara is still waiting in the wings to make his case for the first team.

Lavia will be a big miss though I'm hoping Ralph's immediate post match comments were expectation setting and we'll know more in a day or two once he's been properly assessed and had a chance to rest. Diallo and JWP looked good as the two at the base of our midfield.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

After the chelsea game, we're all going to hold reasonable expectations for a similar performance at a similar blunt wolves. 

Minimum is a draw, but the way we're playing we should win this. 

Should win this is where our problems tend to start.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

They are massive shit-houses.  That is all there is to day really

Yep, known for time wasting and falling to ground easily.

They have quality like all PL teams, midfield battle will be key as Moutinho/Neves are more than capable of dictating play.

Anyone know how far their ground is from the train station, and are there any decent saints pubs on the way?

Just looked it up, and it is only a 15 minute walk from the station.  So just wondering what pub will be good for away fans please

Edited by allsa001

2 hours ago, Secret Site Agent said:

I thought we had a vote on this shit? 

Seems I was outnumbered 

Hang  on a minute............... 

35 against

45 for

You lot voted for leave in the referendum didn't you?

And so did lighthouse. 

I'm  the Ukraine to your Russia.

I'll have to appeal to the UN......I mean Steve Grant.

It’s proven that democracies don’t work

Seems I was outnumbered 

35 against

45 for

And so did lighthouse. 

The vote was advisory, pal.

Seems I was outnumbered 

35 against

45 for

And so did lighthouse. 

I'm more than happy to go with the vote, however I have a full time job and several other commitments and hobbies, so the three thread system is entirely reliant on other people starting the threads and posting on the right one at the right time. This was always the problem before, the same things were being posted concurrently in different threads which weren't being locked.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I'm more than happy to go with the vote, however I have a full time job and several other commitments and hobbies, so the three thread system is entirely reliant on other people starting the threads and posting on the right one at the right time. This was always the problem before, the same things were being posted concurrently in different threads which weren't being locked.

Keep as one thread. Fuck the vote!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RedWillie said:

Watched the game with Boscombe, two poor teams,Wolves edged it but terrible up front. I fancy getting something from the game.

Good discipline as that was least exciting game tonight by far

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

We did wallop them 6-0 at Molyneux once. But yeah, seems a bit of a graveyard in more recent times.

And 6-2 in 1976, Channon ran them ragged that night in Division 2.

Plus a 4-1 win under Sturrock (Claus’ first goal for us) 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Wolves 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic