The 'New Manager' thread

Bad Wolf

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Laurent Blanc replaces Peter Bosz at Lyon.Ā 
Not that he was ever on our list, probably.

As others have said we could do a lot worse than Peter Bosz, although from what i've heard his teams tend to be very attacking which means they concede a lot on the counter attack, so we might get a few hammerings under him, but then we're used to that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Has anyone said Matthias Jaissle? Seems like exactly the type of guy we would go for.

Yes...

Screenshot_20221010-092040-760.png

Ā 

Now to work out of this is one of Hypo's "I know something but can't say it outright so will pose it as a question instead" kinda posts... ;)

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Sadly not. I genuinely have no idea when we are getting rid of Ralph as much as I'd like to!Ā 

Yeah, but you would say that wouldn't you....? (if you were trying to cover up that you were ITK).... ;)Ā  #doublebluffĀ 

Just now, Dusic said:

Interesting to see which of thr coachingnstaff would remain once Ralph goes.

Any decent manager wants to bring in their own people, quite understandably.

Selles and Carl Martin are highly regarded in particular.

Perhaps Selles is the new manager

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Not as bad of a manager as everyone makes out but no, of course not. I still think he'd do a good job for a lower Championship or maybe League One team with a solid board.

I think he took on Newcastle at a bad time when there was a lot of unrest behind the scenes but he's definitely underachieved with a decent WBA side and he's tactically a bit of a dinosaur. Not what we're after but he'll get another job no problems unless he retires, which he was planning on doing when he left Newcastle for his family's sake.

16 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

I think he took on Newcastle at a bad time when there was a lot of unrest behind the scenes but he's definitely underachieved with a decent WBA side and he's tactically a bit of a dinosaur. Not what we're after but he'll get another job no problems unless he retires, which he was planning on doing when he left Newcastle for his family's sake.

Yes, he is a bit outdated however both WBA fans I know; None of them are happy Bruce has gone. One was on the fence with him and the other says that with the squad they have, midtable is about the best they can hope for and it's not his fault. Seems to be similar arguments between the fans on their Facebook page as well, looks like about 60/40 in favour of him going.

Oh well, good luck to him, like I said, I can see him getting a League One job no problem.

22 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Yes, he is a bit outdated however both WBA fans I know; None of them are happy Bruce has gone. One was on the fence with him and the other says that with the squad they have, midtable is about the best they can hope for and it's not his fault. Seems to be similar arguments between the fans on their Facebook page as well, looks like about 60/40 in favour of him going.

Oh well, good luck to him, like I said, I can see him getting a League One job no problem.

Bruce tends to do well for a season or so and then drop off - I'd take him here if we needed a short term fix but we're probably not in that situation

11 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

Bruce tends to do well for a season or so and then drop off - I'd take him here if we needed a short term fix but we're probably not in that situation

Yeah, like I implied above, I actually do really like Bruce and don't think he's an awful manager but no, I wouldn't even consider him here.

5 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

He probably knows where the bodies are buried. Too close to Semmens and let's face it Ralph is cover for the club's failures. Semmes will have to carry the can if Ralph leaves.

Semmens will be fuming having had to spend another Saturday away from his loved ones to watch more of Ralph's propaganda football.

1 hour ago, ally_uk said:

Steve Bruce šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Ā 

Show some ambition put dome wedge on the table and get either Frank, Poch or TuchelĀ 

Ā 

Need to move forwards not backwardsĀ 

How much wedge would it take to persuade the ex PSG and Ex Chelsea manager to the club?Ā 
Ā 

One of whom has previously managed us and another whoā€™s previously rejected us.Ā 
Ā 

much like us, Iā€™d expect they want to move forwards not backwards.Ā 
Ā 

Any thoughts of poch or Tuchel are fancifulĀ 

11 minutes ago, captainchris said:

Wtf is going on ā€¦ šŸ˜

I imagine SR are quietly doing their thing in the background, which they seem to prefer, and we'll get a sudden "XXX has joined as first team manager" announcement.

There were no hints/ITKs etc with the coaching shake up in the summer if I recall.

Just need to sit back and wait.

2 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Steve Bruce the most mercenary self indulgent manager in the leagues.

Ā 

Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 13.08.09.png

Some serious rivals in there. Both Shefields, all the brummies, Newcastle and Sunderland. Knows how to make friends!

If he came to Marys he'd be off the other lot straight after.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Steve Bruce the most mercenary self indulgent manager in the leagues.

Ā 

Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 13.08.09.png

it's remarkable that only four of those twelve stints recorded a lower win % than the Pelligrino of the Alps, Wigan (by just 1%), Sunderland, Newcastle and West Brom.