The World Cup Thread

FarehamSaintJames

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Breaking news

none football Showing pub not showing football (unless it means losing customers who will watch it elsewhere)

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/23132435.southamptons-london-hotel-will-not-show-world-cup-unless-asked/?ref=fbshr&fbclid=IwAR2R9fqajj0qNfTfbG42pH-nRyiDB_hBgMKp63CMJ3qaYBeh377EabkYn3U

As a protest I am going to abstain from gay sex until Boxing Day

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

Hopefully none of this part time non-league lot get in my way when I'm in the queue for the tea bar at Sholing, although their presence might bump up the 50/50 half time payout.

Mind you, I rarely hear the winning number because the tannoy is so crap. I reckon it's a big swizz so the club keep all the money.

Serves you right for being a glory hunter, support your local team and get yourself down to Hamble or Folland Sports (are they still going?) 

18 minutes ago, JRM said:

Serves you right for being a glory hunter, support your local team and get yourself down to Hamble or Folland Sports (are they still going?) 

Haha, Folland are doing ok. I go and watch their U18's sometimes because Kai played for them last season and knows a load of their players. 

16 hours ago, bpsaint said:

It’s could be if enough teams went along with it. It would be no different to the attempted Super League breakaway plans except fans would have gone along with it rather than opposed it. What exactly could FIFA have done if the majority of countries turned around and said they refuse to compete.

Yes, that is the bit that I am saying is not as simple as you are making it out to be.

In your previous post you have already complained about virtue signalling and hypocrisy. So how does English football respond by publicly objecting to Qatar (the dictionary definition of virtue signalling) while at the same time their football clubs are owned lock stock and barrel by Gulf states (the dictionary definition of hypocrisy).

Ditto France, ditto others. So who is making the stand? 

39 minutes ago, Chris cooper said:

Prediction for World Cup 

️winners           Argentina 

️runner up        Belgium 

️England out     Round of 16

️Dark horse      Uruguay 

Winner - Qatar

Runner up - England 

England out - final 

Dark Horse - Qatar 

• Haha 1

Winner: Brazil (Richarlison’s ego to go to another level)

Runner Up: France (Love a bit of drama, expecting some self-implosion as the tournament goes on)

England Out: Quarter-Finals

Dark Horse: Uruguay

Top Scorer: Vinicius Jr (Brazil)

Funniest Moment: Cristiano Ronaldo getting knocked out with Portugal, staring and standing motionless on the pitch before blaming his team mates for not passing the ball enough and his manager for not making the right subs.

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63687412

Monumental, gaslighting w**ker. Apparently we should all be apologising for stuff that happened 400 years ago, not the Qataris for still living like this in 2022.

Well we certainly should be. But I agree with your sentiment, our centuries old crimes are irrelevant to what's going on right now in Qatar.

Winner - Bribery

Runner Up - Fraud

England - Out in the first round of voting, included sickening chats with crooked Jack Warner.

Dark Horse - None. Dark horses will be detained indefinitely by police, allowing the unopposed nut job of a corrupt organisation to host it's tournament in an undemocratic country.

🙂

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It was certainly illegal in 1966 in the UK.

But only for blokes if I remember correctly. Don't think that homosexuality between women has ever been illegal. Frowned upon certainly but not illegal.

(I found that out from Gentleman Jack, unless of course it's just a bit of poetic licence to fit the story line )

1 hour ago, Manuel said:

Emily Maitlis is a piece of work isn't she.  You'll struggle as an interviewer if you're incapable of suppressing your own feelings, biases and certainty that you know more than the person you're interviewing.  

She is absolutely nothing of the sort. Very informed and bright

Edited by whelk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It's a farce of a tournament. Artificial games in artificial stadiums at a ridiculous time of the year.

Artificial stadiums as in they were purpose built? Doesn't that apply to every stadium on the planet? How are the games artificial? I'm less excited about this WC than any of the  previous but that's just down to me slowly losing interest in all football.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

Artificial stadiums as in they were purpose built? Doesn't that apply to every stadium on the planet? How are the games artificial? I'm less excited about this WC than any of the  previous but that's just down to me slowly losing interest in all football.

I thought it was much better when Wembley was being rebuilt and England matches were played around the country , they could have saved £700M plus as well !

Edited by East Kent Saint
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

Prediction for World Cup 

️winners           Argentina 

️runner up        Belgium 

️England out     Round of 16

️Dark horse      Uruguay 

Winner- Brazil

Runner Up - Netherlands

England Out - Quarters

Surprise team - USA

6 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

Paid fans of numerous countries now had £61 a day allowance withdrawn by Qatar .

Feels like it has dawned on Qatar that their propaganda has backfired and if anything its making it worse for them being ridiculed 

1 hour ago, cloggy saint said:

Air conditioned indoor sports arena. Nothing like proper football. Rain, sun, wind, all non-existent. 

Like you I have no interest in this World Cup whatsoever.  I shall have to find something else to do instead.

14 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Air conditioned indoor sports arena. Nothing like proper football. Rain, sun, wind, all non-existent. 

Like you I have no interest in this World Cup whatsoever.  I shall have to find something else to do instead.

Does it normally rain at a World Cup?

On 15/11/2022 at 21:36, JRM said:

Once again England fans giving football a bad name, fairly sure a few of these are on banning orders and have managed to make it out of the country slipping through airport checks

Spanish mob have arrived looking suspiciously like the England fans we saw the other day 

• Haha 4

On 18/11/2022 at 14:14, suewhistle said:

I was in Italy (although not in Rimini) and know all about that as I was helping out with the FSA. I even agree with Turkish for once. An insufferable little pr&ck. Moynihan I mean.. 🙂

As predictable as your hilarious little gag was so was the person who laughed at it. 

you and he have a lot in common only posting about other posters or yourself, self righteous, insufferable. You should pop down to Romney marsh and hang out together