Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

24 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Wow what a negative message and attitude. Would our players be inspired? After listening to that?

Some of us here could do alot better! 

Surely this is is the problem of holding a pre-match presser immediately after the preceding game? He made those comments right after the Fulham game when he was clearly annoyed & frustrated about the mistakes that had led to the Fulham goals (particularly the second one). Ralph was often pretty downbeat in his post-match interviews, but managed to be a bit more positive in the pre-match pressers a day or so before the upcoming match.

Nevertheless, Jones does seem to be increasingly stressed with each poor result. Maybe SR have set him short-term targets that he isn't going to achieve?

Ok, I've got a place reserved on this thread straight after the final whistle in case we lose today. I've got my knives sharpened and ready.

Not that losing today will make a difference to Martin Laurel and Rasmus Hardy. They'll probably offer Nathan Wigley a contract extension.

Jones and his Semmensian diatribe is exactly the sort of mentality that is rotting our club from the top down. The board have that pessimistic mentality of a non-league club on the verge of relegation. The 'we're lucky to be here' shite has dripped down in this club for too long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good to hear an honest assessment for once, we have been in bottom of the league form for a year now and the squad are pretty weak so just true. It will take a while for anyone, even Pep would take a few months 

Edited by hotsaint
spelling
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotsaint said:

Good to hear an honest assessment for once, we have been in bottom of the league form for a year now and the squad are pretty weak so just true. It will take a while for anyone, even Pep would take a few months 

Hi Nathan

Welcome to the forum... please offer your resignation ASAP

Ta

• Like 2

People at the club will have seen this thread.

Please for the love of god, cut your losses and sack him by the weekend. It is OK to admit it was all wrong.

absolute fraud of a manager and has no business as a club like saints and/or in this league

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hotsaint said:

We’ve got worse, somehow. 

We have no style, no identity. We don’t defend and don’t attack. 

We literally just hit the ball long and hope for the best. 

I agree managers need time, but this is Sunday league shit. So bad it’s beyond belief.  

If someone genuinely watched a Jones team and thought he was a good candidate, then they shouldn’t be anywhere near a football club. 

• Like 7

Just now, Dman said:

I agree managers need time, but this is Sunday league shit. So bad it’s beyond belief.  

If someone genuinely watched a Jones team and thought he was a good candidate, then they shouldn’t be anywhere near a football club. 

As I've posted elsewhere, I watch Luton Town fairly regularly and the one thing I can tell you about Jones is that he has no tactics. He's just a badge kissing, chest thumping, piss-poor manager. He's all about himself. When things go well, he'll claim all the praise. When things go wrong he'll point the finger at everyone but himself.
I saw Luton get demolished 4-0 by Watford earlier this season. If ever a performance summed up why a club should never consider Jones as a candidate it was the derby gave. Absolutely abysmal.

The man is a dick!

• Like 1

So just to sum things up here.... 

- He seemingly had 6/7 weeks to get to understand our strengths and weaknesses however doesn't seem to be aware of what his strongest starting 11 is, or even what his preferred tactics are.

- He has utterly failed to impose any change of tactics or inspire the side, in fact, we've gone backwards

- Is insistent on playing 3 at the back, a formation that failed early season and at odds with the tactics the club has played with for years... organised by our most erratic of CBs

- Plays a long ball style of football with no target man but also seemingly asks for diagonal long balls to our smallest players on the pitch

- Distances himself of any responsibility and fails miserably to inspire any fight in his press conferences, maybe he is trying to manage expectations but you need to be blind to believe any of us believe we are going to stay up

Quite frankly an utterly appalling appointment

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Dman said:

It's pub football in the PL. Let them have the ball, try to win it, bang it forward, feed off it. it pains me to say it, but it's worse than Allardyce or Dyche football.

• Like 1

Just now, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

As I've posted elsewhere, I watch Luton Town fairly regularly and the one thing I can tell you about Jones is that he has no tactics. He's just a badge kissing, chest thumping, piss-poor manager. He's all about himself. When things go well, he'll claim all the praise. When things go wrong he'll point the finger at everyone but himself.
I saw Luton get demolished 4-0 by Watford earlier this season. If ever a performance summed up why a club should never consider Jones as a candidate it was the derby gave. Absolutely abysmal.

The man is a dick!

I’m loathed to personally insult him, it’s not his fault he was appointed as our manager. 

I do agree he is a terrible manager though with no tactics. 

If Rasmus has anything about him, he’ll pull the trigger this week. if we were playing well but not winning you could understand persisting, were not. We’re absolutely dreadful. He simply has to go. 

• Like 7

Just now, egg said:

It's pub football in the PL. Let them have the ball, try to win it, bang it forward, feed off it. it pains me to say it, but it's worse than Allardyce or Dyche football.

Much, Much worse.

Big Sam, with the right players, doesn’t actually play that bad a style of football. He adapts the the circumstances he’s in. 

Id have either of them with a drop of a hat tomorrow. Not the time to be fussy. 

• Like 4

Such a waste of 6weeks. We had a great opportunity to get someone in to work and improve the squad. 

At the very worse, we could have waited and appointed someone following the World Cup. 

why did we appoint Jones when we did. It simply doesn’t make sense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sfc4prem said:

Jones and his Semmensian diatribe is exactly the sort of mentality that is rotting our club from the top down. The board have that pessimistic mentality of a non-league club on the verge of relegation. The 'we're lucky to be here' shite has dripped down in this club for too long.

He's taken a group of players with no confidence and made it fucking worse.

• Like 4

Nigel Adkins - Our only hope, we are not ever going to win the talent competetion, we are past that point, we now need players having back some pride in shirt, boosting some deflated egos and wear hearts on their sleeves, unite crowd, with some passion some love, Nathan Jones out out out, total waste of time back to Ian Branfoot times  in disguise.

On 03/01/2023 at 00:08, Maggie May said:

If he loses to Forest then he’s entered Frank de Boer territory, who’s often classed as one of the worst PL appointments ever. 

Right, well he’s entered it.

Four PL defeats in his first four games. No improvement, a regression in fact, and baffling team selections.

Three of those losses were against teams we should at least be competitive against. It’s pretty much sealed our fate.

• Like 2

Ok, I’ve seen enough. Nathan Jones is an abomination at this level, he is making a bad situation much, much worse. He has installed literally nothing positive since he came, the team look lost and so does he. He’s just overseen a defeat against the second worst side in the division, and his side haven’t had a single shot on goal. 

Saints are going down without question. The question is just if we take this idiot with us, I fucking hope not. He’s brought nothing to the party, he basically the equivalent of Wigley / Gray / Dodd & Gorman / Dean Wilkins.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

The players can't stand him. That's a fact. 

So what, does everybody like there boss. Its there fucking job and get paid millions a year for the privilege. Bunch of spineless pricks the lot of them. 

Worst performance I've seen, against a very poor side. I've always been a happy clapper type, and usually see the positives, but this manager is absolutely the worst.  Looks like we practised the same shit routine of diagonal ball from the cb all week and assumed it would somehow provide some magic. Out of ideas already. We might need to lose the next couple of games to force the fer out ASAP.  (At least if I support whoever we play I might get some dismal joy out of this season).

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!