Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

3 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Fucking hell, I loved Nigel Adkins when he was here, but FFS get a grip please people.

I think Nige is a L1 manager at best, but it’s that bad at the minute I think I’d actually rather him. 

We’re down anyway, so why not hey! 

Throw the spainish assistant fella in the mix as well. See what he can do. 

I understand the 5 at the back against Fulham. It worked until we refused to defend a corner.

But Forest at home to play it was wrong. Then to persist with it till the 85th minute was criminal.

Also not really getting his selection tombola. Players who i thought were ok at the weekend were either left on the bench, given desirory minutes or played out of position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

I understand the 5 at the back against Fulham. It worked until we refused to defend a corner.

But Forest at home to play it was wrong. Then to persist with it till the 85th minute was criminal.

Also not really getting his selection tombola. Players who i thought were ok at the weekend were either left on the bench, given desirory minutes or played out of position.

It seems like it was only Lyanco having to come off that changed it, stadium announcer said that the instruction was for Elmo to come off instead, it was only a late injury that made the change to formation. Without that we’d have gone the full game with a failed formation.

Edited by The Kraken

4 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Are his family members still posting on here? As life-long Saints fans, I wonder what they're thinking about things now?

His family members on here can do the same as him and just fuck off please.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

Not bothered if we sack him or not, it’s too late now. We have nothing, literally nothing, to cause anyone problems in this league. Whether we like it or not, 18th and a point off safety is as good as this squad is capable of. Ralph and one vaguely competent player in the final third, signed in January, MIGHT have kept us up but I guess we’ll never know.

• Like 4

Nathan Jones has to go after that total lack of a performance - and that Southampton and ‘I’ not ‘we’ press conference 

playing 3/5 at the back at hoofball in the premier league just won’t work - and least of all to a striker like Che Adams

BUT surely Semmens has to go now too

and whoever else has been responsible for player recruitment 

Everybody except those in power could see that we so desperately needed a striker that could actually score 

abd letting Romeu go without a replacement was criminal - anyone could  Diallo simply isn’t good enough and relying on an 18 year old for a whole season was never going to work 

• Like 5

He is Ian Branfoot for the millenials....

Young'uns, this is the sort of shit that got us angry in the early 90s.  However, back then we had a couple of players who would run into brick walls for the club and a world class legend who kept us up...

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

He is Ian Branfoot for the millenials....

Young'uns, this is the sort of shit that got us angry in the early 90s.  However, back then we had a couple of players who would run into brick walls for the club and a world class legend who kept us up...

Couldn’t stand Branfoot but I’d take that over this all day long Alex. At least he was occasionally organised and competitive. 

• Like 2

I have no idea what he brings to the party, but I do feel sorry for him. None of this is all on him, he's been dealt an incredibly shit hand having to craft something out of Adams, Armstrong, Elyounoussi. But how he is using what he has at his disposal is quite surreal.

He doesn't seem like he's got anything about him to galvanise, attract or change the course though it has to be said. 

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

I genuinely think we could pluck a random fan of this forum and they'd do a better job, that's how bad he is. The camera zoomed in on him biting his nails and looking at the clock on the big screen. Even he knows he's well out of his depth. Some managers do well in the EFL but that's their maximum level and he comes under that category. When his name was leaked it was met with WTFs on here and normally the fans are right. Same with Carrillo. Monaco fans were laughing at us. I think people in power believe their own hype and think everything will turn to gold. Well it hasn't, its turned to shit. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Can you introduce me to your Spurs fan friends whilst you're at it?

Anytime.

Living where I do, most people are Luton Town supporters. There's also a lot of Watford, Arsenal and Spurs fans as it's only a short trip down the M1. 

I guess when you've not got any friends you can't get your head around the fact that some of us might actually have friends and family who support other teams. 

I thought this thread was started prematurely TBH, but after just over a week and 18 pages later, I'm fully on board with the sentiment.

He's hopelessly out of his depth and needs to be relieved of his duties while there is still the tiniest chance of recovering the situation.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

Really wanted Nathan Jones to do well ....but that was so bloomin bad !  Im afraid well out of his depth just like most of 70 mill we spent in the summer !

I'm the same, I really want him to do well but tonight playing 5 at the back which doesn't suit us, leaving one of our best players on the bench until five minutes to go, seriously! Unbelievable 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Worst managerial appointment in PL history not just the clubs. SR have made a monumental cock up. Anyone with half a football brain could have told them that Jones would be a disaster. Unbelievable arrogance from SR. They have royally screwed the club for the foreseeable. 

Yes, a playing career with Yeovil Town and a managerial career with Luton does not prepare him for Premier league. I'm sorry for the guy. Reminds me of the Sturrock appointment==and look how that ended

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I thought this thread was started prematurely TBH, but after just over a week and 18 pages later, I'm fully on board with the sentiment.

He's hopelessly out of his depth and needs to be relieved of his duties while there is still the tiniest chance of recovering the situation.

It wasn’t started early enough.

Edited by LGTL

25 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Not bothered if we sack him or not, it’s too late now. We have nothing, literally nothing, to cause anyone problems in this league. Whether we like it or not, 18th and a point off safety is as good as this squad is capable of. Ralph and one vaguely competent player in the final third, signed in January, MIGHT have kept us up but I guess we’ll never know.

With the same squad of players, Ralph beat Chelsea and narrowly lost to united despite outplaying them. Overall he had kept us in touching distance so far this season... and that was despite gelling a young team together and key injuries to important players. Jones has a full strength squad and couldn't muster a shot on target vs one of the worst prem teams I can remember in forest. 

Put simply Jones has to go - we cannot afford the damage he will do to the club and fanbase over the rest of the season, let alone having him in charge on the championship. 

Sacking Ralph was a poor call, one that becomes increasingly indefensible with each passing day. He just needed a striker and CDM cover and the narrow draws / losses would be points on the board, likely seeing us rise to comfortable mid table. As it was, ings was never replaced, the fans blamed Ralph 🤣, and they got what they wanted re his sacking. Sadly though, if we continue like this (with Jones) we will rot for years in the lower leagues for years whilst our finally revitalised academy is stripped by prem sides. The years where Ralph has staved off relegation under gao have been utterly pissed away overnight. 

But yes, I agree. Unlikely to matter for our prem survival now. Keep Jones and you can certainly stick a cork in it, we're done. With Ralph we'd have got points from these 3 games. Instead we've given one of the worst prem sides I've ever seen (in forest) a crucial win in a relegation 6 pointer at home, without even hitting the target. What an absolute shit show. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

Just now, benali-shorts said:

This is on Rasmus. He's been very quiet for a bloke who clearly loves the sound of his own voice. 

Yep.

Will be interesting to see what he does next..

....admit a mistake and make a quick change?

....let pride/ego cause him to stick with Mad Nate?

Maybe a middle ground?

That was the first match I’ve seen live of the Nathan Jones era, and I will not be returning.

I don’t have a season ticket, just go to the odd game, predominately listen on the radio.

Five at the back against a relegation rival when you’re bottom of the league? Wow! 
And still defensive errors leading to the goal.

He is well out his depth, spent most of the game waving his arms around pointing aimlessly. I wouldn’t be motivated by him.

It was very embarrassing…

1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

Ralph beat Chelsea and narrowly lost to united despite outplaying them. Overall he had kept us in touching distance so far this season... and that was despite gelling a young team together and key injuries. Jones has a full strength squad and couldn't muster a shot on target vs one of the worst prem teams I can remember in forest. 

Jones had to go - we cannot afford the damage he will do to the club and fanbase over the rest of the season, let alone having him in charge on the championship. 

Sacking Ralph was a poor call, one that becomes increasingly indefensible with each passing day. He just needed a striker and CDM cover and the narrow draws / losses would be points on the board, likely seeing us rise to comfortable mid table. As it was, ings wa never replaced, the fans blamed Ralph 🤣, and they got what they wanted re their sense of entitlement and his sacking. Sadly though, if we continue like this (with Jones) we will rot for years in the lower leagues for years whilst our finally revitalised academy is stripped by prem sides. The years where Ralph has staved off relegation under gao have been utterly pissed away overnight. 

But yes, I agree. Unlikely to matter for our prem survival now. Keep Jones and you can certainly stick a cork in it, we're done. With Ralph we'd have got points from these 3 games. Instead we've given one of the worst prem sides I've ever seen (in forest) a crucial win in a relegation 6 pointer at home, without even hitting the target. What an absolute shit show. 

Amazing how you ignore the fact we lost nearly all of 13 last season. We lost  to Villa, Palace Wolves, Everton all in bottom 3 under Ralph this season.

Sacking him wasn’t wrong replacing him with Jones was.

I can play same game as you we should have kept Gao 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Dellman said:

Yes, a playing career with Yeovil Town and a managerial career with Luton does not prepare him for Premier league. I'm sorry for the guy. Reminds me of the Sturrock appointment==and look how that ended

With us winning?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notnowcato said:

There simply is no sign of even a slight improvement in any factor of our play. How can any board member honestly deny that a change in course is required. The results, defending, attacking play, tactical changes have all been shit. 

Is anyone on the board even watching though. Do they even care?

Edited by BotleySaint

Why is he focusing on clean sheets? We don't look like creating a chance, let a lone scoring a goal. That's where our real core problems lie.

Those quotes strike me of someone passing the buck and saying ''we've been shit for ages, why blame me'' - well, we look a hell of a lot worse now that's for sure.

• Like 2

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

What the actual fuck is this? Take some responsibility you fucking weirdo 

Hahaha that’s almost brilliant trolling by NJ there. The stoke and Luton fans all said that he NEVER takes any responsibility. 

im not surprised. SR have to sack this idiot. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SotonianWill said:

Jones just said on talksport “we moved the ball well” , “structurally there was not faults” “they are used to losing game” FUCK OFF

If moving the ball means picking it up at the back and launching it in the air, then yes - we did that a lot, and some of those players hit some blinding long balls.

But if he's talking about moving the ball in open play then I assume he wasn't there tonight, and he was watching another game.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!