Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

I know managers have to try and pick the positives, but fucking hell. That the epitome of a performance where you hold your hands up and say that, management team and players, we got it all wrong.

Dont see where our next win is coming from under this bellend. The players clearly aren’t buying in to his nonsense tactics either. Just get rid, salvage whatever is left of pride, and prepare for life in the championship next season.

• Like 2

I normally back new managers. I normally believe form can turn. I normally believe players can improve. But this last year that's changed. Surely every Saints fan can see something is rotten in this club. The decision making has been shambolic. To keep Ralph past the summer when a fresh start was needed then pwas shambolic. The decision to sign "talented" youngsters in the summer without signing experience to play along side them has been shambolic. To go into the season with an extreme lack of attacking options has been shambolic.  To appoint a manager with no Premier League experience when we are already in the shit has been shambolic. We're a rudderless ship full of holes and we are going down. 20 games left should be enough to string together some points but can anyone really see us improving?

What's the answer? New manager? New players? Plan for the Championship? It's so depressing but I guess we still have to hope we can fight for survival while it's still there. Is it too early to sack Jones? No I don't think it is. Bring in a Premier League stalwart who at least knows the league and has previously done OK. Who? Dyche? Smith? Allardyce? Someone that can come straight in and sort this crock of shit out and at least get us fighting.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

With the same squad of players, Ralph beat Chelsea and narrowly lost to united despite outplaying them. Overall he had kept us in touching distance so far this season... and that was despite gelling a young team together and key injuries to important players. Jones has a full strength squad and couldn't muster a shot on target vs one of the worst prem teams I can remember in forest. 

Put simply Jones has to go - we cannot afford the damage he will do to the club and fanbase over the rest of the season, let alone having him in charge on the championship. 

Sacking Ralph was a poor call, one that becomes increasingly indefensible with each passing day. He just needed a striker and CDM cover and the narrow draws / losses would be points on the board, likely seeing us rise to comfortable mid table. As it was, ings was never replaced, the fans blamed Ralph 🤣, and they got what they wanted re his sacking. Sadly though, if we continue like this (with Jones) we will rot for years in the lower leagues for years whilst our finally revitalised academy is stripped by prem sides. The years where Ralph has staved off relegation under gao have been utterly pissed away overnight. 

But yes, I agree. Unlikely to matter for our prem survival now. Keep Jones and you can certainly stick a cork in it, we're done. With Ralph we'd have got points from these 3 games. Instead we've given one of the worst prem sides I've ever seen (in forest) a crucial win in a relegation 6 pointer at home, without even hitting the target. What an absolute shit show. 

Just stop it, honestly. 

90th out of 92 teams in 2022, 99% of which was Ralph's doing. 4 wins in 40 or whatever it was, the freefall last season where some of the performances were abysmal (Villa/Brentford away) and we were lucky the season wasnt two games more or it was relegation.

You dont know that Ralph would have got any points in the last three games, thats just your opinion. 

Jones is looking like he isnt the answer, but to claim that sacking Ralph was a poor call is just nonsense. He deserved to be sacked and should have went in the summer

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Just now, woodsaint1 said:

Just stop it, honestly. 

90th out of 92 teams in 2022, 99% of which was Ralph's doing. 4 wins in 40 or whatever it was, the freefall last season where some of the performances were abysmal (Villa/Brentford away) and we were lucky the season wasnt two games more or it was relegation.

You dont know that Ralph would have got any points in the last three games, thats just your opinion. 

Jones is looking like he isnt the answer, but to claim that sacking Ralph was a poor call is just nonsense. He deserved to be sacked and should have went in the summer

TBF I wanted Ralph to go but he almost certainly would have got us performing better than this and more likely to pick up points. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I've been saying all week that you can't sack a manager after a handful of games, then I watched that horror show and I've changed my mind. It was that bad. Totally out of his depth I'm afraid and the post match comments have only strengthened my view.

Edited by Katalinic
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I thought this thread was started prematurely TBH, but after just over a week and 18 pages later, I'm fully on board with the sentiment.

He's hopelessly out of his depth and needs to be relieved of his duties while there is still the tiniest chance of recovering the situation.

I don't think it's just about recovering the situation - it's more about stopping him doing any more long term damage. We need the coaching and running of the football club to be back on a more even keel but with NJ in charge we are heading full speed towards the rocks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

Amazing how you ignore the fact we lost nearly all of 13 last season. We lost  to Villa, Palace Wolves, Everton all in bottom 3 under Ralph this season.

Sacking him wasn’t wrong replacing him with Jones was.

I can play same game as you we should have kept Gao 

Sacking him is going down as one of the biggest mistakes in the club's Premier league history 🤔.

Also, who said I ignored the form? Personally I just apreciated the limitations in the squad, and aknowledged we were dropping points on fine margins with obvious mitigations. 

To copy your tone, it's amazing how you ignore we had kwp, abk, lavia, Livramento out for most / all of this games. With Che Adams and Adam Armstrong as the only strikers after ings and broja were never replaced. Neither is good enough to score enough goals and keep the side in the league. Plus ofc a fan atmosphere that was increasingly over expecting of the squad and manager, and then in turn blamed the mananger for not meeting those expectations - despite it very clearly being down to recruitment and lack of funding. It was sadly very detached and unrealistic from the fans. 

I have no idea where exactly you think this squad should finish at full strength? let alone with 4 of its best players out injured for key games? But we were in touching distance despite all of the above and despite playing all the top sides... It was the wrong call to sack him - and certainly if we didn't have a top mananger on hand to come in. He was the main thing keeping us in the league in recent years... Just needed ings to be replaced. 

Regardless, Jones has to go ASAP. He doesn't come close to Ralph's performance metrics and appears to have never had the players on side. It's one thing to be involved in relegation scraps, it's another entirely to be dead certs to finish 20th with an established team at the halfway point. We've got no identity, no penetration, and no cohesion. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

Underwhelmed when he was appointed. I don't think the man has improved us 1% you watch us play tonight where is the cohesion, gameplay, desire, fight. 

What is the style of football? Can somebody actually answer this? I'm scratching my head trying to understand. 

Infact where is the logic at this football club? 

We had a playbook a specific identify of playing in which we signed and trained the players and now what? Has that been ripped up for what? 

" Hoof it up top to lumper lads " 

I've seen enough infact I actually dislike this Jones guy and I'm a fan I can imagine what the players think of this clueless prick.....

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

Clearly sacking him is going down as one of the biggest mistakes in the club's Premier league history 🤔.

Also, who said I ignored the form? Personally I just apreciated the limitations in the squad, and aknowledged we were dropping points on fine margins with obvious mitigations. 

To copy your tone, it's amazing how you ignore we had kwp, abk, lavia, Livramento out for most / all of this games. With Che Adams and Adam Armstrong as the only strikers after ings and broja were never replaced. Neither is good enough to score enough goals and keep the side in the league. Plus ofc a fan atmosphere that was increasingly over expecting of the squad and manager, and then in turn blamed the mananger for not meeting those expectations - despite it very clearly being down to recruitment and lack of funding. It was sadly very detached and unrealistic from the fans. 

I have no idea where exactly you think this squad should finish at full strength? let alone with 4 of its best players out injured for key games? But we were in touching distance despite all of the above and despite playing all the top sides... Absolutely was the wrong call to sack him. He was the main thing keeping us in the league in recent years... Must needed ings to be replaced. 

Regardless, Jones has to go ASAP. He doesn't come close to Ralph's performance metrics and appears to have never had the players on side. It's one thing to be involved in relegation scraps, it's another entirely to be dead certs to finish 20th with an established team at the halfway point. We've got no identity, no penetration, and no cohesion. 

Ralph’s metrics 90th out of 92 clubs in 2022 ! sacking biggest mistakes lol you are on a wind up surely? 

Ill say it again sacking Ralph wasn’t wrong he had lost crowd, players and board.

Not buying a forward was our undoing and that’s down to Semmens etc replacing him by hoof ball Jones is bigger than sacking your idol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Underwhelmed when he was appointed. I don't think the man has improved us 1% you watch us play tonight where is the cohesion, gameplay, desire, fight. 

What is the style of football? Can somebody actually answer this? I'm scratching my head trying to understand. 

Infact where is the logic at this football club? 

We had a playbook a specific identify of playing in which we signed and trained the players and now what? Has that been ripped up for what? 

" Hoof it up top to lumper lads " 

I've seen enough infact I actually dislike this Jones guy and I'm a fan I can imagine what the players think of this clueless prick.....

Even under Ralph this season the playbook had been ditched. Probably another ‘blackbox’ Marketing nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Ralph’s metrics 90th out of 92 clubs in 2022 ! sacking biggest mistakes lol you are on a wind up surely? 

Ill say it again sacking Ralph wasn’t wrong he had lost crowd, players and board.

Not buying a forward was our undoing and that’s down to Semmens etc replacing him by hoof ball Jones is bigger than sacking your idol

Does anyone know if Ralph is still in England, has someone on here played golf with him recently?

1 minute ago, Give it to Ron said:

Maybe we were shit because we didn’t have a striker, not because we had a bad manager.

At the moment Jones is making Ralph look like a managerial genius for keep this bunch of cunts in touch.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Easily one of, (if not the) worst squads relative to its division in the 92. Well done for highlighting that. You dodged my question where do you think this squad should finish with kwp, ABK, lavia, and Livramento out inured? 

4 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

Does anyone know if Ralph is still in England, has someone on here played golf with him recently?

His camper van and boat have been untouched in Ocean Village since he left. He’s moored next to me, the camper van now has orange discs

Just now, Saint86 said:

Easily one of, (if not the) worst squads relative to its division in the 92. Well done for highlighting that. You dodged my question where do you think this squad should finish with kwp, ABK, lavia, and Livramento out inured? 

Livramento was out most of last season, Lavia played 7 games ABK played how many ?

Where do I think this squad would finish? Under a manager that had them motivated, fit and organised and could make substitutes correctly Ralph couldn’t 13-15th

• Like 1

I actually think they might sack him. It’s not just the results it’s the passive aggressive ‘it’s not me its you’

SR need to plan for a quick return to the PL and to do that you need some momentum not solid steel sinking ship which is what we are and will continue to be so with this prick at the helm.

Money rules the footballing world - what would they rather lose, cash or lose face?

Time to suck it up lads, relieve him of his duties and if that means we can buy one less player because of the compo then so be it. 

• Like 2

Quite simply, NJ has to go.

Feel sorry for him being so far out of his depth, the real culprits are those who gave him the job. 

Don’t think it will help his sanity staying much longer, especially if he couldn’t cope with the pressure at Stoke 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

So just to sum things up here.... 

- He seemingly had 6/7 weeks to get to understand our strengths and weaknesses however doesn't seem to be aware of what his strongest starting 11 is, or even what his preferred tactics are.

- He has utterly failed to impose any change of tactics or inspire the side, in fact, we've gone backwards

- Is insistent on playing 3 at the back, a formation that failed early season and at odds with the tactics the club has played with for years... organised by our most erratic of CBs

- Plays a long ball style of football with no target man but also seemingly asks for diagonal long balls to our smallest players on the pitch

- Distances himself of any responsibility and fails miserably to inspire any fight in his press conferences, maybe he is trying to manage expectations but you need to be blind to believe any of us believe we are going to stay up

Quite frankly an utterly appalling appointment

Add absolute zero ability to read the room as evidenced by his zero accountability taking, they not us spouting PR distaster bollocks

• Like 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

I swear in every interview he's said something that basically amounts to "this lot have been shit all season, this isn't my fault". 

He does have a valid point.

Although that doesn’t explain his tactics and selection though 

4 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Livramento was out most of last season, Lavia played 7 games ABK played how many ?

Where do I think this squad would finish? Under a manager that had them motivated, fit and organised and could make substitutes correctly Ralph couldn’t 13-15th

86 Why are you ignoring the last 13 game’s a manager that couldn’t motivate the team should have been kept on in the summer? 

Edited by Give it to Ron

1 minute ago, SaintLondon said:

I actually think they might sack him. It’s not just the results it’s the passive aggressive ‘it’s not me its you’

SR need to plan for a quick return to the PL and to do that you need some momentum not solid steel sinking ship which is what we are and will continue to be so with this prick at the helm.

Money rules the footballing world - what would they rather lose, cash or lose face?

Time to suck it up lads, relieve him of his duties and if that means we can buy one less player because of the compo then so be it. 

By appointing him they have effectively torn up the playbook. We have finally got a decent academy and B team which the playbook will have contributed towards but what's the point of these talented players having a pathway to a side that just hoofs it aimlessly?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Badger said:

He does have a valid point.

Although that doesn’t explain his tactics and selection though 

I've just seen another quote where he says it isn't entirely his fault which is true but what we should be seeing is some encouraging signs. Even if we were losing with that you could have something to hold onto. This is a serious regression on what was already terrible. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!