Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

9 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I have it on good authority that Ralph's pay out was 10 million quid and that was STILL the lowest compensation amount of any sacked PL manager this season.

9 hours ago, SaturdayGirl said:

I have it on good authority that Ralph's pay out was 10 million quid and that was STILL the lowest compensation amount of any sacked PL manager this season.

These multiple login accounts must be difficult to manage after a few shandies. 

• Haha 11
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I have to laugh. I made my feelings about Jones known on here when he was appointed and was told to 'Fuck off and support Luton'.

Nice to see that people are already coming round to the fact that the bloke is a tosser and completely out of his depth. He's an egomaniac who hasn't got a clue, tactically.

Nathan Jones is interested in one thing... Himself. 

To quote one of my mates who I go to the odd Luton game with... "So far, Rob Edwards is certainly playing a better style of football, which isn't difficult as Jones didn't have any style.

Obviously it’s very early days but signs are positive. No ridiculous badge kissing / chest thumping or shouting “fucking come on” after every game, which is refreshing after that ego maniac, Jones.

Jones shouldn't have been allowed to return after he went to Stoke. The vast majority of fans didn't want him back and even making the play offs didn't change people's opinions of him.

What makes me laugh is that someone at saints is supposed to have done their homework and I've no idea what they saw that made them think he was a Premiership manager? If he's so great then why were other Championship clubs not beating down the door for his signature at the end of last season?

I genuinely feel sorry all Saints fans having to endure that prick."

So to play devil’s advocate….when NJ went back to Luton, saved them from relegation and got them to 8th in the Championship, for a club of Luton’s size and resources….was your mate unhappy? Presumably he is representative of other Luton fans who, upon getting promoted and rising up the Championship, all shouted their discontent? 

To be clear I am not saying NJ is right for us or that he will succeed and we’ll enjoy watching his team. However what I find odd is that your friend was unhappy with what NJ achieved at Luton given the club’s size and resources. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint NL said:

A right leg and half a head? Probably better than some of the striking options we have....

I was thinking that it's the difference between a decent one and a half decent one. We need a decent one. 

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

which has been reported many times over recent history regarding Ralph

Indeed. Ralph I could kind of understand, he came with a good reputation and did actually turn us around at the start. 

Giving Jones similar money would have been mental.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

If that figure is correct (which I'm sceptical of) it would make him the 7th best paid manager in the Prem.

I don't doubt that he was. We're a club which pays well - we can't offer much else. 

6 hours ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I have to laugh. I made my feelings about Jones known on here when he was appointed and was told to 'Fuck off and support Luton'.

Nice to see that people are already coming round to the fact that the bloke is a tosser and completely out of his depth. He's an egomaniac who hasn't got a clue, tactically.

To quote one of my mates who I go to the odd Luton game with... "So far, Rob Edwards is certainly playing a better style of football, which isn't difficult as Jones didn't have any style.

Obviously it’s very early days but signs are positive. No ridiculous badge kissing / chest thumping or shouting “fucking come on” after every game, which is refreshing after that ego maniac, Jones.

Jones shouldn't have been allowed to return after he went to Stoke. The vast majority of fans didn't want him back and even making the play offs didn't change people's opinions of him.

What makes me laugh is that someone at saints is supposed to have done their homework and I've no idea what they saw that made them think he was a Premiership manager? If he's so great then why were other Championship clubs not beating down the door for his signature at the end of last season?

Yes though Ralph deserved to go after second half last season/ this season, I do miss the ralph era of actually knowing win lose or draw we always played the same style of football, you knew we could cause a few problems as we always played the same way. Now, we don’t have the ball enough to have a style our style is give the ball to the opposition then whack it forward for our 5ft10 striker

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, trousers said:

I have it on good authority that Ralph's pay out was 10 million quid and that was STILL the lowest compensation amount of any sacked PL manager this season.

It's often been reported during Ralph's time here he was on £6m a year, so if he had around 18 months of his contract left the payout you've been told is probably about right.

I have it on good authority that Ralph's pay out was 10 mi.......oh fuck, someone's already done it...

Just had a little snoop around and yes they're understandably up for this after Chelsea and see us as a fragile and there for the taking. It's also being billed on one of their forums as "The seasons ultimate grudge match (Part 1)" have they got something against Corporal Jones? Don't think there's any history between us really.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

£9m I’ve heard. And cost £5m to hire Jones. 

I've seen £5m in compensation to Luton reported in the press, but also £2.5m in some sources:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/12740854/nathan-jones-southampton-agree-deal-with-luton-boss-after-sacking-ralph-hasenhuttl

His wage was supposedly £6m a year, so £9m would align with paying the remaining 18 months left on his contract.

17 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

I have it on good authority that Ralph's pay out was 10 mi.......oh fuck, someone's already done it...

Just had a little snoop around and yes they're understandably up for this after Chelsea and see us as a fragile and there for the taking. It's also being billed on one of their forums as "The seasons ultimate grudge match (Part 1)" have they got something against Corporal Jones? Don't think there's any history between us really.

Did we not agree that as we and they are no longer playing our rivals, we decided mutually to be arch rivals? I'm sure a saw a thing on this.

Edited by saintscottofthenortham

46 minutes ago, Morse said:

It's often been reported during Ralph's time here he was on £6m a year, so if he had around 18 months of his contract left the payout you've been told is probably about right.

It was initially reported as £6m by the Sun. They put out a table of all Premier League manager’s salaries which they claimed they knew for all 20 clubs.  Other websites and outlets reproduced that figure. It may be true, it may not, but there were other reports out at the time that stated £6m was the figure Ralph could get to if he hit various performance metrics, one of which included winning the Premier League. So, as I say, I’m a little sceptical of that headline figure. Although tbf it also wouldn’t surprise me if it were true. We’re supposed to be paying JWP around £5m a year in wages so it’s not beyond the realms that the manager would be on more than the best paid player. But going back a couple of years or so ago it was also reported that RH was on around £3m a year.

2 hours ago, InvictaSaint said:

So to play devil’s advocate….when NJ went back to Luton, saved them from relegation and got them to 8th in the Championship, for a club of Luton’s size and resources….was your mate unhappy? Presumably he is representative of other Luton fans who, upon getting promoted and rising up the Championship, all shouted their discontent? 

To be clear I am not saying NJ is right for us or that he will succeed and we’ll enjoy watching his team. However what I find odd is that your friend was unhappy with what NJ achieved at Luton given the club’s size and resources. 

It’s strange how “friends” always back the posters opinion. “I was talking to someone” amazingly they agreed with me 😂

I met a Luton supporter last night and he reckons Sidney is making things up…..

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, InvictaSaint said:

I doubt you'll get a response, given that he doesn't really have a friend who is a Luton supporter.

In the same way he doesn't have friends who are Spurs supporters when he trots that one out. 

Some people are very weird. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

£9m I’ve heard. And cost £5m to hire Jones. 

Not surprised on that price to hire Jones. Actually I thought it'd be more! I was just shocked at that price apparently being the lowest in the PL so far.

I also remember someone on here posting that Ralph had given half to charity and that most managers do. They didn't say which charity it was though. If indeed it is the norm, the local charities in and around Watford must be loaded.

EDIT: Do you know if that figure is just for Jones or if that includes his coaches as well?

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wsaint said:

Source? 

Someone who works at the club. When they say stuff usually, they normally say to me something like "But take that with a pinch of salt..." or "But you never know how true that is" - This one they were adamant was true.

2 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Still getting a lot of Ramirez tweets. As I said, led to believe deal to #SaintsFC is not off yet. Games are being played by all involved.

Maybe we can sign him back in time for a re-run of 'That Villa game''.

16 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Any fans on here going to organise something similar? Seems like a lot of posters are annoyed by how the club is being run so I presume we'll be seeing something like this soon. 

Not for me. Goodson is miles away, cant be arsed, and besides I’d prefer Everton to struggle, so can’t support their issues with their own Board.

• Haha 12

11 hours ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Fuck off and support Luton.

Also, stop trying to pretend this forum was some hotbed of Nathan Jones hero worship and you were the lone voice of dissent.

As always, as ever, you're full of shit.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, alehouseboys said:

Read post 4 paragraph 4, that might explain it

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/41302-what-was-fan-violence-like-in-the-80s-at-the-dell/

Edited by Turkish

8 hours ago, The Cat said:

Any fans on here going to organise something similar? Seems like a lot of posters are annoyed by how the club is being run so I presume we'll be seeing something like this soon. 

I am boycotting that joke of a light show on Wednesday!!

Bottom of league and we waste money time and effort on a light show! 
Take me back to The Dell and mad police dogs please

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

I am boycotting that joke of a light show on Wednesday!!

Bottom of league and we waste money time and effort on a light show! 
Take me back to The Dell and mad police dogs please

No the plan is to throw the wristbands on the pitch on the 90th minute to symbolise our position in the 92 clubs form standings (90th). I’d advise aiming for the light up wristband to reach the oppositions goal so Che Adams knows where to aim. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

No the plan is to throw the wristbands on the pitch on the 90th minute to symbolise our position in the 92 clubs form standings (90th). I’d advise aiming for the light up wristband to reach the oppositions goal so Che Adams knows where to aim. 

How far alienated are they from the fan base a bloody light show with wrist bands when bottom of league.

Such a shit show this season have they got anything right ? 
Doesn’t seem it to me started at fans forum and gotten worse as we have gone on.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!