Saints Kits Season 2023/24

Master Bates

I have some limited knowledge of the process of the design and implementation of kits etc after being involved a little with Gloucester Rugby. They use OXEN who also supply a number of Rugby League kits too. 

From conversations with the Marketing team and the CEO, the design for kits is normally decided pretty early on in the previous season if you want something bespoke, whereas if it is templated you can generally wait until nearer Christmas. Of course this is Rugby and the shirt sales are significantly different to football.

7 minutes ago, maysie said:

are the coaches kit designers and commercial manager now?

pillock.

When did I say that?

I said if the club can't get the kit right then what chance is there of them putting a winning side out.  I don't think this is an unreasonable statement given the car crash that was last season (kits, team, transfers, pretty much everything come to think of it).

pillock.

• Haha 1

I don't have the nostalgia that many have surrounding this shirt, as I wasn't born at the time! But I may purchase this shirt. I think it's a love/hate design. I like that they've used red in the sponsors logo so it blends in more than usual.

Edited by Sfcphilc

The contrasting reactions to this say it all really, some people will love it, some people won't. It's fashion in a nutshell! It's nothing to get too het up about.

I'm not a huge fan, but it doesn't look horrible. I won't be buying one simply because they cost too much, but at the end of the day it's a kit and a nod to the past.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The contrasting reactions to this say it all really, some people will love it, some people won't. It's fashion in a nutshell! It's nothing to get too het up about.

I'm not a huge fan, but it doesn't look horrible. I won't be buying one simply because they cost too much, but at the end of the day it's a kit and a nod to the past.

It's a lot better than last season's effort that's for sure. 

• Like 3

I’ve been hoping we had this template brought back for a long time and now it’s here… I’m not sure.

Sponsor looks wank and would’ve looked better in black/white. Black trim on the arm perhaps?  Looks better on Mara than JWP. 

GK kits looks shite, just reminds me of how skit the keepers were last season. 

Annoyed I never brought the relaunched retro kit back in 2021. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

When did I say that?

I said if the club can't get the kit right then what chance is there of them putting a winning side out.  I don't think this is an unreasonable statement given the car crash that was last season (kits, team, transfers, pretty much everything come to think of it).

pillock.

When you say “the right kit”, what do you mean? One that you like?

There’s some on here who love it, some who hate it, some ambivalent either way. You’re never going to get a kit that everyone single person loves. 

• Like 1

Normally a player in a kit unveiling means they’re staying. Interesting that it’s JWP and Mara. Two players I would be supportive of staying.

Or, it’s a case of if JWP wasn’t in it we’d all know that he was obviously leaving.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

When you say “the right kit”, what do you mean? One that you like?

There’s some on here who love it, some who hate it, some ambivalent either way. You’re never going to get a kit that everyone single person loves. 

Yes, you're quite right and they will never produce a kit that everyone likes.

I know this is subjective, but last season's kits (especially the home and away ones) were absolutely bloody awful and for me were kind of the embodiment of the horrendous way the club was run from top to bottom by Sport Republic.  They were so far off the mark with so many things, hence our humiliating decline.

I don't like the new home kit at all, I think it's way off the mark and completely lacking in anything innovative.  I'm sure we all agree though, that it ultimately doesn't really matter, as we just want the right decisions to be taken about the team.  I still have little confidence about this, but have hope that lessons will be learned.

Edited by Sunglasses Ron
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Normally a player in a kit unveiling means they’re staying. Interesting that it’s JWP and Mara. Two players I would be supportive of staying.

Or, it’s a case of if JWP wasn’t in it we’d all know that he was obviously leaving.

Swansea had Matt Grimes modelling their new away kit last week and I think he’s more likely to be playing in our kit next season if we’re lucky! 

44 minutes ago, trousers said:

One of our lowest key kit launches in a long while

Given the state of that shirt I don't blame them.   I don't normally do the annual 'new shirt' debate, but I think this shirt is hideously rank.  Apologies to the lovers. 

6 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Didn't Ings appear in a kit launch just before he left? Might be my memory.....or Villa came in with an offer too good to turn down....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Didn't Ings appear in a kit launch just before he left? Might be my memory.....or Villa came in with an offer too good to turn down....

Nope, JWP, Romeu and Tella were the players the summer Ings left. Ings did the summer before, the sash and blue away kit.