Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Why?? It may be a little strange, sure but his heart is obviously in the either place in making the request.

He'll only play if he's still our player and boo'ing our own players is moronic. 

Like Martin said, either you're committed or you're not. If he's going then just leave as quickly as possible, don't hang around in the team like it's a friendly match or a testimonial. We have a promotion to win and we need players who want to be here for the season. 

2 minutes ago, Streaky said:

I can't see us going back up now. Too much upheaval and it's not finished yet. Any replacements we get in won't be good enough. Aarons, grimes, whoever. We'll be stuck in this league for a long time.

Wow.... One game in (that we've won) and three weeks to get a settled team together. Plenty of time to get things right. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Streaky said:

I can't see us going back up now. Too much upheaval and it's not finished yet. Any replacements we get in won't be good enough. Aarons, grimes, whoever. We'll be stuck in this league for a long time.

Nah. We'd have a excellent chance of promotion next year. I agree though, we will do very well to reach promotion this year. 

Edited by hypochondriac

6 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Bit of a twitchy bum, unsettling time for us fans, but I guess it was always going to be like this. The blessing is its happening in good time to allow us to rebuild. Hopefully the Lavia issue will be sorted soon and our management team can start re shaping things the way they need to to take us forward.

You should try getting stopped by police with protein powder in unmarked boxes or set off the explosives detector in Washington airport for every type of explosives possible if you think this is twitchy bum

8 minutes ago, Streaky said:

The thing is, the Championship is shit. You'll see on Saturday when despite everyone's apprehension we'll brush Norwich aside easily.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Streaky said:

Yeah, we may as well shut down the whole club and set fire to the stadium now

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Le Timmier said:

Yeah, we may as well shut down the whole club and set fire to the stadium now

Honestly, I mentioned yesterday the self harm of turning on the manager so soon. It’s evident here the pessimism in our fanbase (understandable after the last few years). One player leaving and we may as well shut up shop it seems. It’s a team game and with our short passing, unless from the wings, individualism is limited in return for the end goal of 900 passes and winning the game a certain other way. 

We’ll miss his free kicks, he was a good servant and worked hard. But my god his ability has been inflated by our fans - it must be the red and white tinted goggles they have on. Get us a player with a good work ethic who can pass the ball 5 yards and it will suit our system. We have the tools, build the rome. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, disconnect said:

Why would Smallbone want to leave when a week ago(?) he was saying how it was his dream to play for Saints and his manager has been hyping him up. 

Agents post this news to hype up sales and cause mischief 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Some suggestion that he wants one more game to say goodbye to the fans. I hope he pisses off if he tries that and I wouldn't be sad to see him booed. Leave if you want but don't try and have your cake and eat it. 

Exactly this… I don’t want him to go, I think it’ll be a mistake on our part.. understand it to a degree on his

But don’t be all holy about saying goodbye, its not an enforced sale.. its a choice 

As per those saying he is only a middling premier league player, I think he is better than that, he is a highly technical 6/8 with an ever presence and world class set piece ability

More so, he currently epitomises Saints… its a loss imo

• Like 10

Our better players were always going to be on premier league teams lists.

Surprised anyone thinks they would stay.

Club just needs to get the best deal’s possible for them and move on.

Far to many negative posters on here let’s judge the team and the board when the transfer window closes and we have our complete squad for the campaign.

I thought how we played against SW was considering the time the coaches and RM have had with the players was bloody great best Saints performance since Koeman.

Edited by Dirkdiggler
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirkdiggler said:

Far to many negative posters on here let’s judge the team and the board when the transfer window closes and we have our complete st for the campaign.

There is good reason to be negative and concerned. SR have a track record so far of getting it wrong. Failing to sign a decent striker last year and wasting money on substandard players. Contributing to relegation by faffing around with crap managers. 

Going back further Saints consistently seem to fail to sign the players the fans feel we need whether ifs a new centre back (when Fonte left), defensive midfielder (after Romeu left) or striker (After Ings/Broja left). 

I'd love it to be different. But history has left a lot of us feeling on edge and expecting the worst. Looking for signs of hope.. 

• Like 3

I hope we've got our targets ready and waiting because it seems awfully risky to start letting our best players leave when there are only 3 weeks left of the transfer market. We saw last night that the backup players aren't up to much. 

Theses owners cannot afford a hattrick of poor transfer windows. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Hamer would be a great signing over Grimes (just my opinion).

Lots of noise about Danny Ings returning on loan - I doubt it. He’s probably one of the guys that pulled JWP to West Ham.

Wheres the noise? I can't hear it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

There is good reason to be negative and concerned. SR have a track record so far of getting it wrong. Failing to sign a decent striker last year and wasting money on substandard players. Contributing to relegation by faffing around with crap managers. 

Going back further Saints consistently seem to fail to sign the players the fans feel we need whether ifs a new centre back (when Fonte left), defensive midfielder (after Romeu left) or striker (After Ings/Broja left). 

I'd love it to be different. But history has left a lot of us feeling on edge and expecting the worst. Looking for signs of hope.. 

Indeed. Absolutely nothing wrong with being nervous now seeing as we contrived to fuck up the last two transfer windows. 

10 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Hamer would be a great signing over Grimes (just my opinion).

Lots of noise about Danny Ings returning on loan - I doubt it. He’s probably one of the guys that pulled JWP to West Ham.

If we replaced him with Hamer Id absolutely lose my shit, incredible player at this level

Can’t see it happening though

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Where is this "lots of noise"about Danny Ings?

On twitter there is one thing and you've guessed it, it's someone saying it's being talked about on this forum.

Jesus wept.

Think Saint Garrett posted it on here as wind up then that’s been jumped on including a fake Ornstein post saying same

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

I'll be worried when/if it escalates into (smallbone, Tella, KWP, Alcaraz)

Lavia and JWP departures have always felt factored in. Only thing was how much we were going to get. Hopefully we can get Grimes, which would give us that experienced head to replace JWP.

I know there haven't been many links in the media but I don't know why people think KWP will stay. He's way too good for this league and will surely be snapped up by someone

Edited by Ex Lion Tamer
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I know there haven't been many links in the media but I don't know why people think KWP will stay. He's way to good for this league and will surely be snapped up by someone

Agreed, it has deadline day written all over it.

It's a shame that Aaron's looks as if he's Leeds bound. The thought of Bree as our starting RB makes me feel nauseous

Edited by Saint Scott
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I know there haven't been many links in the media but I don't know why people think KWP will stay. He's way to good for this league and will surely be snapped up by someone

Agreed.  There’ll be plenty of late suitors for him who will take him for his versatility.

JWP will be a huge loss,  we were told players only going at our price, accepted 10 million less for our captain so that was a just bull shit.

Will Lavia be next for sale under our value?

If, as we were told we dont need money then we should have just said not for sale

All this "we owe him for his loyalty" crap, we paid him 100k a week so owe him fuck all

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

JWP will be a huge loss,  we were told players only going at our price, accepted 10 million less for our captain so that was a just bull shit.

How do you know that though ? The noise is coming from the West Ham end and buying clubs always mark down the actual paid price, much in the same way Saints will bolster it a bit. The truth tends to be in the middle somewhere.

Liverpool will do the same with Lavia. 

Unless these journalists have the clubs phones tapped (ahem) how on earth are they actually going to see or know the true amount paid between one club and the other ?

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

Will Lavia be next for sale under our value?

If, as we were told we dont need money then we should have just said not for sale

All this "we owe him for his loyalty" crap, we paid him 100k a week so owe him fuck all

1. We don't know the deal yet. 

2. There might be other arrangements within the deal, eg Downes for a set price and Ings or something. 

3. He's been here 20 years. I'm ok with him trying his luck back in tbe PL as the club fucked up the team and management around him last season. 

53 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Exactly this… I don’t want him to go, I think it’ll be a mistake on our part.. understand it to a degree on his

But don’t be all holy about saying goodbye, its not an enforced sale.. its a choice 

As per those saying he is only a middling premier league player, I think he is better than that, he is a highly technical 6/8 with an ever presence and world class set piece ability

More so, he currently epitomises Saints… its a loss imo

Failed to score goals

Failed to stop goals being scored against us

Failed to remain in the Premier League

Failed to beat Grimsby - yes, Grimsby FFS

Failed to beat Gillingham

Failed to show any spine, grit or determination for the last season

Failed to show any kind of leadership on the field

Failed, failed and failed again.

Is that really what he epitomises?

• Haha 4

This summer's transfer window starting to look like an old Burnout game... the past 24 hours and coming couple of days will be the slow motion multi car pile up; one we've been hurtling towards with our best laid plans/trajectory... and then afterwards we get to assess the damage, work out how many points we get, and the likely go again next year...

Edited by Saint86

2 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

This summer's transfer window starting to look like an old Burnout game... the past 24 hours and coming couple of days will be the slow motion multi car pile up; one we've been hurtling towards with our best laid plans/trajectory... and then afterwards we get to assess the damage, work out how many points we get, and the likely go again next year...

Another 9/10 window then ;) 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Another 9/10 window then ;) 

Hah, well you can only assume we've got significant transfer targets lined up and ready to come straight in... To sanction selling Tino, Lavia, and JWP, all after the season's started (and within the space of a few days) would be madness otherwise. Will be hugely damaging for morale and cohesion. Whether we can get anywhere near the required quality in is anyone's guess, and either way, selling those 3 players does nothing for the ridiculous squad bloat that we're suffering from.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1