Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if either were the case tbh, think they also rate Awe pretty highly, despite him being initially signed for the 23s. 

also wouldn’t surprise me if we signed Wood and TB. 

Wood and THB would give us incredible strength in depth. If we get a decent winger the same will be true for midfield. The only real weak link then will be attack where we are very light. Another attacker almost guaranteed after Stewart imo. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

Random person on twitter saying Ballards off to Reading on loan?! I’m guessing we’ll be playing a no striker formation against Sunderland

That'd be a good move for him. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, trousers said:

Hmm... he would only name-drop KWP and Bednarek if he had some inside info (IMO)...

He said on his post-match podcast on the weekend that they both had interest over the summer, among others. I'm assuming it was teams hoping they'd get a bargain off us, but we haven't been doing that.

He's probably just mentioning them because they are players we all expected to go and there is the possibility that one of them does get a late move, as the interest is there (and others who had interest, such as Stephens and Smallbone, have committed to the club).

28 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

I’ve a nasty feeling we’ve sanctioned the Che & Mara deals without replacements and SR and banking on being able to find a striker last minute.. Tall Paul all over again… 

Yes of course you are right they will leave it to the last minute with no options available. That’s clear from the way they have operated this window. ……………please make these people go away FFS

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, manji said:

Yes of course you are right they will leave it to the last minute with no options available. That’s clear from the way they have operated this window. ……………please make these people go away FFS

Not sure a season playing for Ruben Selles has ever done any player any good tbh...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, manji said:

I’m going to say it ( god have mercy on me ) in our new organised set up Aribo could have a very good season

I think you might be right. He’s technically a good player but he’s not one that’s going to run and press like Hassenhuttls teams. In a system where we domainte the ball with 65%+ possession he could be very useful 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, manji said:

I can only go on previous transfer windows under SR where they have failed to address the forward line. Losing Che and Mara with 24 hours to go in the window might be 'part of the plan' but I'm just saying I'm not filled with confidence but in Manji we trust. 

2 minutes ago, manji said:

I’m going to say it ( god have mercy on me ) in our new organised set up Aribo could have a very good season

.......please make these people go away FFS

So to summarise the day before deadline day:

GK: nothing reported. Which means McC stays.

Def: Losing KWP, Bednarek and ABK, worrying the THB deal has stalled, Hoping Zak Awe is the answer

Midfield: Patrick Roberts is the Tella replacement after Paintsil changes his mind more times than Nigel Quashie changed teams.

Attack: we've decided to do without one. Out go Adams, Onuachu, Mara and Ballard, in comes Stewart who won't be fit for ages but that's ok because Adam Armstrong is staying and will power us to promotion by himself. 

Am I missing anything? 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Yeah but looked what happened with Tella. Dangerous precedent.

Bit of a difference tbh. Also what then, never loan anyone out for development in case they have a good season and then get sold for big money?!

2 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Def: Losing KWP, Bednarek and ABK, worrying the THB deal has stalled, Hoping Zak Awe is the answer

Midfield: Patrick Roberts is the Tella replacement after Paintsil changes his mind more times than Nigel Quashie changed teams.

Attack: we've decided to do without one. Out go Adams, Onuachu, Mara and Ballard, in comes Stewart who won't be fit for ages but that's ok because Adam Armstrong is staying and will power us to promotion by himself. 

Am I missing anything? 🤪

Where have you heard Harwood-Bellis deal has stalled?

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

Am I missing anything? 🤪

Remember when the goal keeper situation was dire and it had to be rectified immediately?

Well turns out that if you sell all your strikers, people forget about the keeper 😎 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I think you might be right. He’s technically a good player but he’s not one that’s going to run and press like Hassenhuttls teams. In a system where we domainte the ball with 65%+ possession he could be very useful 

God help us. People now making cases for having aribo up front. You absolutely know that armada will get injured at Sunderland leaving us with only Tall Paul.

Just now, wild-saint said:

God help us. People now making cases for having aribo up front. You absolutely know that armada will get injured at Sunderland leaving us with only Tall Paul.

Not up front I just think he’s better suited to Russball than Ralph and Jonesball. He’s not as bad as some on here make out

Nothing seems imminent with Onuachu so surely if he is is still here then we integrate and use him?

The guy scored stacks of goals in Belgium ao obviously has something about him and no reason to leave him out in the cold if he is still here.

Also worth remembering that at times Sulemana pretty much played up front for us and surely could do so if needed.

Personally I am more concerned that of Roberts is replacing Tella then we basically need Fraser, Stu, Edozie, Roberts and Sulemana (if he stays) to start banging goals in at a rate none of them have before i.e 10 plus a season for a couple of them, otherwise we will be so reliant on Stewart and Arma. 

That said, until last season Tella had no goal record to speak of and he hit 20.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, manji said:

You were probably one of the clowns who thought last summer’s activity was a 9/10. 

let’s see what the squad looks like at close of play tomorrow 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Am I missing anything? 🤪

there is no confirmed departure of KWP or Bednobs. The TBH deal has not stalled, he's had his medical. Will be announced tomorrow.

I trust we are getting another striker in to go with Stewart

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Not up front I just think he’s better suited to Russball than Ralph and Jonesball. He’s not as bad as some on here make out

If Alcaraz isn't cutting the mustard in the hole (attacking midfield), that's where you could play Aribo perhaps.

• Like 3

Patrick Roberts seems an incredibly underwhelming Tella replacement. Imperative we keep Sulemana as we should have enough quality out wide with him, Edozie and Fraser regardless. I'm sure he'd be fine, but its incredibly annoying that we could have got Piroe, who played there a lot for Swansea, if the Tella deal had got done quicker. A front 3 of (assuming Adams goes) Stewart, Piroe and Sulemana would have been fantastic.

I know I'm in the minority, but I believe letting Mara go would be a mistake. I thought he looked good against QPR off the bench. His physicality, like Adams, is necessary in that role. I would have been comfortable with Stewart and Mara as our no.1 and no.2 assuming Adams goes.

Fans forget that Mara was only 20 years old last season and it was a big step up from Ligue 1. I think he would be good in the Championship and should be a player we try and hold onto. He is built like a no.9 for this system and there aren't enough players like that around.

• Like 5

So to properly summarise as of this time, allegedly:
1) There has been nothing in KWP leaving
2) There has been nothing in Bednarek leaving
3) There has been nothing in McCarthy leaving, or Aribo, or Onuachu for example…

Che Adams going seems to be the only notable news in terms of outgoings today, alongside the Ballard loan.

Bit of a nothing news day, all things considered. 😂

Imagine the state of this forum this time tomorrow night.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

there is no confirmed departure of KWP or Bednobs. The TBH deal has not stalled, he's had his medical. Will be announced tomorrow.

I trust we are getting another striker in to go with Stewart

Bednobs is now my favourite player.

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

So to properly summarise as of this time, allegedly:
1) There has been nothing in KWP leaving
2) There has been nothing in Bednarek leaving
3) There has been nothing in McCarthy leaving, or Aribo, or Onuachu for example…

Che Adams going seems to be the only notable news in terms of outgoings today, alongside the Ballard loan.

Bit of a nothing news day, all things considered. 😂

Imagine the state of this forum this time tomorrow night.

Is JWP definitely staying though?