Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

To be fair, we were always going to lose players that won't play in the championship because they were too good but we have brought some top quality in as well.

Charles, Fraser, Downes, THB, Holgate, Stewart, even Manning bagged a couple of assists at the weekend. These are all first teamers and with what we have managed to keep I think that's a solid window.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Fingers crossed for January 😆

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

IMO, JWP is our only proper relegation loss. Tino, Lavia and probably ABK were always going regardless of what division we were in.

Tino and Tella were the surprises to me, I thought they'd stick around. The rest of the departures were expected.

The biggest surprises have been who we've kept.

• Like 4

Bloody brilliant work from Saints and hands up I was wrong to think we would have a mass exodus. 

KWP 

Sulemana 

Alcaraz 

Downes 

THB 

Fair argument to make that those 5 are the best in their positions in the whole league. Incredible really that we've managed to keep so many. We have ridiculous strength and I'm very impressed. And just to annoy Farmer Saint, fantastic that we managed to keep Che to take some of the pressure off Stewart. Superb. 

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Signed Fraser and kept Sulemana.  Don’t know why we needed to replace Tella.

I got an awful lot of confused emojis and people falling over themselves telling me I was wrong when I said last week that Fraser was the Tella replacement.

But turns out I wasn't wrong.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

I got an awful lot of confused emojis and people falling over themselves telling me I was wrong when I said last week that Fraser was the Tella replacement.

In effect, Sully is the replacement because it was assumed he’d leave. And he didn’t.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Or you could say that Sulemana, a player not many expected to stay, is a replacement for Tella too.  As it turns out, I think both Fraser and Sulemana are probably better players than Tella for whom the Club got a hefty transfer fee.   What's not to like.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

In effect, Sully is the replacement because it was assumed he’d leave. And he didn’t.

3 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Sulemana might be?

The suggestion was we would buy/loan someone else on the wing, i didn't think we would. We didn't.

Let's hope Sulemana takes his chance for his sake and ours.

• Like 2

• Like 1

Just now, CB Fry said:

The suggestion was we would buy/loan someone else on the wing, i didn't think we would. We didn't.

Basically you were right for the wrong reasons. If Sulemana’s move hadn’t  collapsed, we almost certainly would have signed Roberts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Probably because they heard the manager saying at the time that Fraser wasn't a Tella replacement?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Plenty of suggestion that we actively tried to do so with Roberts and the Villa lad strongly linked.

Either way our wide options should arguably be plenty good enough for us to challenge at this level.

1 minute ago, SaintBobby said:

Basically you were right for the wrong reasons. If Sulemana’s move hadn’t  collapsed, we almost certainly would have signed Roberts.

Curious that we had a crack at that winger from Villa late in the window thou. Not sure whether someone was/is expected to leave. 

46 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

some are taking this window worse than others

He's a cretin, with a long history of bad takes.

If his outset on Saints matches his outset on life it's a wonder he manages to get out of bed in the morning.

Alpine Saint for the Pokémon generation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Assuming no one else that matters departs, we have one hell of a squad for this division. Fucking huge strength in depth in all areas. 

Of course, massive pressure for promotion first go. But with a fair wind, have a massive chance of winning the league

Check out our new happy clapper 👏

Eyeore has seen the light! - good to see 🥳

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

You were, they play on opposite wings, sulemana staying is seen as tellas replacement.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Also I bloody love KWP. Fans need some players that they can identify with over a few seasons and if we go up now he could become a bit of a cult hero and this seasons Fonte. 

Could he be the secret captain? Martin was evasive about it when asked in his presser. 

• Like 4

What was our net spend this summer then?

In all seriousness though, we've maximised our sales, kept some of our best players (KWP, Adams, Alcaraz and Sully) and bought/loaned very shrewdly.

Definitely a good enough squad to put us in a top 2 position come January when some signings like Patrick Roberts could be revisited

59 minutes ago, trousers said:

😂

I'm actually slightly disappointed that our official account has even bothered to acknowledge one of these tw*ttish, non-event twitter accounts, which are becoming irritatingly numerous. @footyinsider247 isn't an actual inside source of football knowledge? Well f**k me, next you'll be saying that 23 year old hot and horny Jessica from that pop up ad. isn't really 2 miles away and desparate to meet me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Lighthouse said:

I'm actually slightly disappointed that our official account has even bothered to acknowledge one of these tw*ttish, non-event twitter accounts, which are becoming irritatingly numerous. @footyinsider247 isn't an actual inside source of football knowledge? Well f**k me, next you'll be saying that 23 year old hot and horny Jessica from that pop up ad. isn't really 2 miles away and desparate to meet me.

Meanwhile, it's another lonely night for Jessica. "Why does Lighthouse play so hard to get?" she sobs. "Why is the transfer window more important than me?"

• Haha 13

Thank goodness the window is over I think we now have a decent squad and i look forward to the rest of the season positively as there is more experience available than there was last season

Just hope people get off Bazunna's back if he is not up to it in the next few months I am pretty sure the club will react in a positive way.

Now that we seem to have a decent defence an CM he will have better cover and no doubt his confidence will improve.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Not for want of trying though. We tried to do a deal for Roberts, and when that fell through late on we tried to hijack the transfer of the Villa lad to Hull. 

So it wasn't an outright untruth when RM said Tella would be replaced. He just could have worded it better to avoid nitpicky people on Internet forums taking him literally and using our failure to do a deal as a stick to beat him/the club with 

• Like 6