Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

31 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I found it on iPlayer, but they’re talking fucking nonsense. About 42 people speak Welsh, is there any English commentary anywhere. 

English commentary on Radio 5

(Although, fair warning, there is a squealing Welsh lady as co-commentator)

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, trousers said:

English commentary on Radio 5

(Although, fair warning, there is a squealing Welsh lady as co-commentator)

Consider yourself lucky only to have to listen to it for 90 minutes, I've had it put up with it for over 35 years.

2 minutes ago, saintquin said:

Dunk is not an international footballer!

Yes he was rather exposed there. Misjudged it, should have just thumped it out.

Although I do wonder who was meant to be tracking back with Tielemans.

Edited by BotleySaint

55 minutes ago, saintquin said:

Dunk is not an international footballer!

nor is Chillwell. Looks like Shaw is unlikely to be fit for the Euros. Left back and centre back going to cause big issues in Germany.

Just now, goodymatt said:

Did he handle him well? Moore worries me for our big game Monday.

Haven’t watched all the game but seemed liked Moore had the better of him. Bednarek substituted early

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Brooks subbed on and then subbed off, didn’t look injured?

That was a weird one, couldn’t work out from his face whether he was pissed off for being subbed on at 86 and pulled off on 112, or whether he was broken in some way 

Edited by John Boy Saint

The fact Brooks came on so late suggested to me he was carrying a knock into the game and seemed like he asked to come off.

Bednarek did fine versus Moore who didnt really do anything. Both attacks were one paced and largely poor.

23 minutes ago, Dusic said:

The fact Brooks came on so late suggested to me he was carrying a knock into the game and seemed like he asked to come off.

Bednarek did fine versus Moore who didnt really do anything. Both attacks were one paced and largely poor.

Moore looked pretty crap …. Nothing to be overly concerned about.

Brookes looked very good and transformed Wales, very strange indeed that he was subbed … Must be carrying a knock surely… 

2 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Page said in his post match interview that Brooks had hardly trained the last 2 days due to an illness and so he needed to take him off as he wanted fresh legs. 

lol Take the best player on the pitch off for ‘fresh legs’ He had only been on the pitch about 20mins….

That is weird…. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Exeter Saint said:

Janny B is going to the Euros. Good for Saints defence confidence for the rest of the season.

Or.... Bednarek played 120 mins on Tuesday night before a crucial game for Saints on Friday afternoon....

Tired legs aren't going to improve his ability to avoid mistakes.

Edit - just seen he was subbed!  So only 78 mins played. As you were.

Edited by Weston Super Saint

15 hours ago, Dusic said:

You know what will happen on Monday then...

16 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

As soon as I heard Dan James name, I thought he’d miss. Odd Ramsey didn’t take one.

Never really got the hype around Dan James, seems to be a lot of pace but very little technical refinement to his game. A poor mans Shane Long you could say. 

A very sad indictment of Man Utd's transfer policy of the last 10 years! The fact he cost Leeds £35m makes me cringe.