Saints 1-4 Leicester - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

What I do expect tonight is some kind of reaction to the result 2 weeks ago. A bit passion, a bit of tempo and a lot more professional, with a plan to change things if not working. 

If we lose, I do not mind (I do mind) if we have given are all and have been beaten by the better team. But to roll over and have our bellies tickled no no! 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

What exactly did he say that was wrong? Holgate was fucking shocking at Sunderland. 

Every post of his is negative. As for Holgate he’d only been with the club for a week with only two proper training sessions. He also joined the club at a time when we didn’t know whether some players would still be with us Nought wrong with criticism but when someone like Galway is too stupid to see the bigger picture I despise them.

Sadly I’ve met fans like him before they would rather see Saints fuck up so their dumb comments can be proved right. 
I worked with a Saints Season Ticket supporter. It was the season we were battling with Liverpool to win the league. Never had a good word to say about Saints.                                        

OK Liverpool won it in the end because “ we were shit “. 
My favourite was when we played Everton at Highbury in the FA Cup semi final. He went on his own. He ended up being beat to shit by Saints fans. He was really pissed and didn’t stop slagging Saints down. 😎

Edited by manji
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, manji said:

Every post of his is negative. As for Holgate he’d only been with the club for a week with only two proper training sessions. He also joined the club at a time when we didn’t know whether some players would still be with us Nought wrong with criticism but when someone like Galway is too stupid to see the bigger picture I despise them.

Sadly I’ve met fans like him before they would rather see Saints fuck up so their dumb comments can be proved right. 
I worked with a Saints Season Ticket supporter. It was the season we were battling with Liverpool to win the league. Never had a good word to say about Saints.                                        

My favourite was when we played Everton at Highbury in the FA Cup semi final. He went on his own. He ended up being beat to shit by Saints fans. He was really pissed and didn’t stop slagging Saints down. 😎

Is this still our greatest era of being a saints fan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, manji said:

This for me. We know Holgate had a very poor game (the rest were pretty poor as well), the manager will know he had a poor game, even Holgate himself will know he had a poor game. It happens for many reasons, but as a club they will address this, see him in training and if he shows what he can do, he will get another crack of the whip and hopefully take it. That’s how football works for players in the main. There will always be fans that also target one play, and wait for them to make a mistake and slaughter them.

We all have our favourites, and those that we are not sure about, but even these we only pick up and highlight the mistakes rather than the good they produce on the pitch. but every club has fans that moan, and vent and get angry. Its not up for me to deny these people who support the club not matter how tiresome it becomes. I try and stay positive. If we have a poor game, I can see where the problems are, and just hope that the management put it right. It’s up to me to ‘support’ the team and this goes for if we are 5-0 up or 5-0 down, for those 90 minutes I support them. Yeah get bloody annoyed and frustrated as the next person, but it’s football and it should be fun, or why do it? 

Edited by Dr Who?
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Bazunu; KWP, THB, Bednarek (Holgate), Manning; Charles, Downes, A.Armstrong; Fraser, Edozie, Adams.

Sulemena as an impact sub. 

This would be my side with Holgate in for Jan if he's not 100% fit. Sulemana to come on in the second half. 2-0 to us tonight with Adam Armstrong and Fraser to score COYR :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry_SFC said:

Bazunu; KWP, THB, Bednarek (Holgate), Manning; Charles, Downes, A.Armstrong; Fraser, Edozie, Adams.

Sulemena as an impact sub. 

yep, this. Alcaraz might feel hard done by, as he clearly has bags of talent. I'm not sure he quite offers RM what he's looking for. It wouldn't surprise me to see him become a bench-player for us (when at the start of the season 9/10 of us would have put him in the starting 11 every week).  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, manji said:

Are you really a Saints supporter? Maybe get a girlfriend , or boyfriend .

yes I was at the game and you almost certainly weren’t as if you had been you would have seen what a shocker he had and it was a relief when he left field. i don’t see how that is contentious, nor why it warrants the childish comments. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, manji said:

‘despise’ seems a strong reaction manji.  christ it’s only a fans forum talking about the football. keep it in perspective 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PJ said:

yep, this. Alcaraz might feel hard done by, as he clearly has bags of talent. I'm not sure he quite offers RM what he's looking for. It wouldn't surprise me to see him become a bench-player for us (when at the start of the season 9/10 of us would have put him in the starting 11 every week).  

This would, frankly, be insane. RM's system does not have enough of a track record of overwhelming success that we can sacrifice our most talented players in order to maintain its purity. Get our technically strongest players in each position on the field and figure out the best way to make them play well together. Let's not be fucking about with starting a wheezing Stuart Armstrong every game just because he "fits the system".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

This would, frankly, be insane. RM's system does not have enough of a track record of overwhelming success that we can sacrifice our most talented players in order to maintain its purity. Get our technically strongest players in each position on the field and figure out the best way to make them play well together. Let's not be fucking about with starting a wheezing Stuart Armstrong every game just because he "fits the system".

The best players are the ones that perform and secure the results.

39 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

I didn’t say he should do that, just that I can see it happening (I didn’t suggest Stuart Armstrong either btw - I think the team I quoted is best on current form & availability). I like Alcatraz, but he’s been a bit and miss so far this season. I’m not even sure he is among our best technical players. Just my view

Feel a bit for Charly. Committed himself to us for another year and already seemingly out of favour. That said he has been a bit hit and miss and it's hard to argue much with that line up. Hopefully he can force himself back into the reckoning because I think there is a great player there potentially.

Have gone with a draw for this game which would be a decent result. On paper both teams are strong. A win would be huge for morale though. Need a big reaction from the Sunderland game which I'm hoping was an early season blip.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Still not convinced with Smallbone

I have doubts too. He seems to be a player who can look great when we are on top but vanishes if we're struggling. Time for him to put in a big performance to repay the faith RM has shown in him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Still not learned that we need Charles in midfield 🤦🏻‍♂️ hope that doesn’t backfire tonight, I’m not sure what he thinks Downes is but it’s not a proper holding midfielder. 

TBH I think it's a bit of failure of recruitment that he is basically our ONLY defensive mid.  Ludicrous really, esp when injuries - obviously we've been unfortunate there losing Janny B (fuck did I really just say that) and Stephens at the same time - mean he has to play at CB. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-4 Leicester - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic