Middlesbrough 2-1 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

2 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

You just knew we’d be the ones to give Boro their first points. Every single one of us did.

This is actually a criminal level of managerial ineptitude to have us where we are, let alone the shite performances and wanky philosophy.

Alcaraz, arguably our best player last year can’t get on the pitch. Aribo can. Fuck off with your vanity project, Martin. 

Blah blah blah scar tissue. Blah blah blah trust the process. Fucking fraud.

👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Regardless of that fact, he is a professional footballer. Doesn't look to great for him when he goes back to West Ham if that's his attitude.

Is there any other job in the world where you can get paid and be 'not sure I want to be here really and can act half-arsed'.

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

SACK HIM NOW.

1 minute ago, saintant said:

It's not going to happen.

Do you think SR will be happy with a relegation scrap ? RM is tactically inept, his team selections have no logic, and his inspirational and game management skills are zero.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

He isn’t being sacked any time soon.

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

In that case the fans need to start voting with their feet. 

I remember when Jaap Stam was doing an awful job at Feyenoord. The fans took to the streets in protest and pretty much started a riot when he returned on the team coach after losing an away game. 

The message needs to be made clear to the board. Moaning about him on here sadly won't change a thing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zorba said:

No excuses now, this football is suicidal. We’ve lost to a shocking Boro side. Change the football or change the manager. 

Down to 15th and dropping like a stone.

We slide on

That’s the most horrible thing. Not one of these sides with the exception Sunderland have actually looked much cop. Fucking fraud.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

You just knew we’d be the ones to give Boro their first points. Every single one of us did.

This is actually a criminal level of managerial ineptitude to have us where we are, let alone the shite performances and wanky philosophy.

Alcaraz, arguably our best player last year can’t get on the pitch. Aribo can. Fuck off with your vanity project, Martin. 

Blah blah blah scar tissue. Blah blah blah trust the process. Fucking fraud.

It was inevitable it’s what we do. So shit, lucky not to concede 3 or 4 again. Embarrassingly bad. Yet again goals coming from giving the ball away, yet again occasions where 3-4 attackers could run unchallenged to our goal. Never looked like scoring once we went behind. Against a the bottom team. Just so shit. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

Alcaraz, arguably our best player last year can’t get on the pitch.

*Cough Lavia and JWP.

Alcaraz was hit and miss last season and the same this. He's a fan darling cos he scored a few goals, but some games he was a like ghost. When he gives the ball away no one highlights it, but he does give it away a fair bit and goes missing defensively. He can play, but I can see why he has been dropped.

• Like 1

Just now, badgerx16 said:

Do you think SR will be happy with a relegation scrap ? RM is tactically inept, his team selections have no logic, and his inspirational and game management skills are zero.

RM has been given a project. They will allow him to continue. I don't like it but that's the way it is.

• Like 2

We are shite, but I genuinely didn’t expect that today. Pure chaos, apathy and capitulation, a heady mix. Wilcox needs to prove he’s part of the solution and not part of the problem, and the new ‘hands on’ Dragan needs to channel his inner Blofeld. Otherwise it’s going to get worse and we could go down. What a fucking shitshow! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, harvey said:

There's no excuses, he has to go.

We have some excellent players at this club, they just need to be coached properly and played in a system that plays to their individual strengths.

This 100 percent. Hes trying to reinvent the wheel when it doesn't need to be. We have some fantastic players for this level and he's coaching all the individualism out of them. 

Pass pass pass pass some more then pass again. Fuck off Martin 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Lost 4 straight games, were not unlucky in any of them, same mistakes over and over and over again.

We now look poor attacking as well, to be honest we look like some bipolar real housewife type a fucking mess, terrible at everything.

I dont think SR will sack him but if he is on thin ice 100% now.

The longer he has with the team the worse they get. Budget Puel.

Bigger issue is sports republic however. Absolutely shocking mismanagement of the club so far. No doub when they sack Martin they'll point to all the decision makers being new this time around / having to learn on the job / made a mistake but will get better... blah blah blah.

Fact remains our summer business was shite, our manager is shite, and our ownership group are shite. The decision to switch ABK for Holgate on loan deals is just mental, the one thing we need is a fast and powerful CB to protect us on the counter - we got rid of him (for peanuts) and signed holgate 🤣... Manning isn't good enough. We're dropping players like Armstrong and Alcaraz to start Aribo and smallbone. And Edozie and Sulemana are our best wingers and neither start.

It genuinely feels like we're owned by Pompey fans doing everything they can to manager us to the slowest death possible - that is how bad SR and co are.

Penny for Alcaraz's thoughts - one of the few players to make genuine and public overtures of loyalty this summer... can't get a game over downes, smallbone, aribo, or fraser. Laughable.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

I'll be amazed if they get rid of him. They gave Jones and Selles far too long, possibly Ralph too. Martin talks about being brave, SR need to be brave and get him out of the club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

*Cough Lavia and JWP.

Alcaraz was hit and miss last season and the same this. He's a fan darling cos he scored a few goals, but some games he was a like ghost. When he gives the ball away no one highlights it, but he does give it away a fair bit and goes missing defensively. He can play, but I can see why he has been dropped.

And Armstrong goes missing for 90 mins yet stays on??!!!

Edited by warsash saint
  • Like 1

You look at Boro they showed grit, determination and steel. 

In comparison we just looked clueless... 

We need someone to instill a bit of passion and pride. The football we are playing is boring to watch 😴 

KWP, Adam Armstrong Edoize and Stuart Armstrong are the ones who looked interested and did something today rest can jog on..... 

3 minutes ago, saintant said:

RM has been given a project. They will allow him to continue. I don't like it but that's the way it is.

I suspect this is correct. I've no idea how long this current run would need to continue before the club started thinking about a change, but I would guess the answer is longer than anyone would like.