The January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

SuperSAINT

Genuine question: has the club paid Kat any/all the money lent/given over the years?

I believe (and this based on information copied on to here) that she converted the loan in to shares so it is now not shown as a debt to a director and will be shown as value within the club i.e. as a paid off loan.

Never a good sign when they miss a few in their highlight videos :)

True, but he does have a better than 1 goal every 2 games ratio (albeit in Holland), gets a few assists, is tall, and is only 22. For those reasons I'd say he's worth the risk. I doubt he'd be that expensive either.

I still think we need to strengthen the whole backbone. Fonte needs replacing long term (I firmly believe VVD will be here at least until the summer), we still need a midfielder to boss the middle of the park, and of course we need a striker. I'm looking forward to the transfer window but I won't be glued to Sky Sports News like most years, as i really don't think we'll be that busy. The top 6 will be though IMO.

Given we're largely down to 1 game a week now we'd only buy to replace someone sold or a "one for the future". A CB is the only possible target imo.

We have at least 9 games between now and 4 February (more if we win or draw against Norwich in the FA Cup). How can you think we are down to largely one game per week now?

9 goals and 3 assists in 17 games so far this season in the Eredevisie

Good scout report from earlier this year, looks like we will have 2 Thierry Henry's on the books soon :lol:

http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/scout-report-sebastien-haller-next-thierry-henry

he could be hot property for the clubs looking for a cheap option to solve their problems upfront.

Perfect for us then...

I'm no different to any Saints fan out here.....even Heisenberg:lol:....I want to see us challenging at the top, maybe winning trophies and keeping hold of all our star players.

However i like to think that after over 40 years of supporting Saints and just being a football fan in general i have a realistic view of football and what most owners of clubs want or are prepared to accept.

Marcus took over a club that was worth very little and between he and now Kat has turned it into a well run club with assets worth absolutely millions more than they inherited...by anyones standards that is success.

We have had seasons of success upon success and now find ourselves in that group of about 6 clubs potentially challenging for a European spot each season.

Personally i think most owners of a football club would take this story of success and financial security every day of the week......football fans have a different outlook, they want all of the above and to be winning trophies and qualifying for Europe every season....(take Arsenal fans for an example, fantastic success under Wenger and yet they really are a bunch of miserable gits wanting more and more)

I think most owners of clubs go into every season with the ambition to do well and improve on the previous season and if luck is on their side have a decent cup run....and if luck really is on their side a cup final....however i honestly don't think the majority care about a cup.....they care about survival, not making a huge loss and hopefully having one or two players that have a blinding season that increases their stock value.....This is a business to the owners of clubs, nothing more nothing less (i accept there are a few insanely rich owners that care not about losing money providing they can buy a title)

Whatever the football fans will still turn up to games....especially if you continue to be a top flight club....yes u may lose a few but in general we love our sport and love our club.

As we go into 2017 accept that football is a business and unless we get taken over by an insanely rich owner we will continue to be a decent top flight club that will sometimes get some great results and might get lucky to get a good cup run but we will never challenge the top 4 and unlikely challenge the top 6....a one off like Leicester is all we can dream about.

Have a good 2017 all Saints fans including you Heisenberg....relax more.

Good well balanced note BS. Time for some folk to wake up and smell reality, challenging for top 6 and a decent cup run is where the club is at.

I'm no different to any Saints fan out here.....even Heisenberg:lol:....I want to see us challenging at the top, maybe winning trophies and keeping hold of all our star players.

However i like to think that after over 40 years of supporting Saints and just being a football fan in general i have a realistic view of football and what most owners of clubs want or are prepared to accept.

Marcus took over a club that was worth very little and between he and now Kat has turned it into a well run club with assets worth absolutely millions more than they inherited...by anyones standards that is success.

We have had seasons of success upon success and now find ourselves in that group of about 6 clubs potentially challenging for a European spot each season.

Personally i think most owners of a football club would take this story of success and financial security every day of the week......football fans have a different outlook, they want all of the above and to be winning trophies and qualifying for Europe every season....(take Arsenal fans for an example, fantastic success under Wenger and yet they really are a bunch of miserable gits wanting more and more)

I think most owners of clubs go into every season with the ambition to do well and improve on the previous season and if luck is on their side have a decent cup run....and if luck really is on their side a cup final....however i honestly don't think the majority care about a cup.....they care about survival, not making a huge loss and hopefully having one or two players that have a blinding season that increases their stock value.....This is a business to the owners of clubs, nothing more nothing less (i accept there are a few insanely rich owners that care not about losing money providing they can buy a title)

Whatever the football fans will still turn up to games....especially if you continue to be a top flight club....yes u may lose a few but in general we love our sport and love our club.

As we go into 2017 accept that football is a business and unless we get taken over by an insanely rich owner we will continue to be a decent top flight club that will sometimes get some great results and might get lucky to get a good cup run but we will never challenge the top 4 and unlikely challenge the top 6....a one off like Leicester is all we can dream about.

Yep all valid, perhaps though the club should not give fans higher expectations than they are prepared to fund.

Pretty much spot on there i reckon, though the only thing i'd change/add is that it's not just the sport/club it's the city. We support Saints because we're from there, and the pride the team gives us in our city is what makes it special.

we will continue to be a decent top flight club that will sometimes get some great results and might get lucky to get a good cup run but we will never challenge the top 4 and unlikely challenge the top 6.

I agree with what you wrote, and especially this quoted bit. This always leads me to asking what is the point of being there just so that we can make up the numbers?

I agree with what you wrote, and especially this quoted bit. This always leads me to asking what is the point of being there just so that we can make up the numbers?

The "point" is supporting the club is an end in itself. Its where I was born, its sonething I share wirh my brothers and my late Dad. Its a fundemental part of who I am.

I couldn't give a flying fu ck if we don't ever win the league, and quite frankly if we end up in the Championship then that's fine too, it doesn't change how I feel about the club. As it stands we are being run in exactly, precisely, how I want it to be run so it's all gravy for me. The club is in superb shape as far as I'm concerned. I'd like us to win a trophy and from where I'm sitting we've are in an excellent position to win one, one day.

If, to you, that is pointless then crack on and support that nice Manchester City.

The "point" is supporting the club is an end in itself. Its where I was born, its sonething I share wirh my brothers and my late Dad. Its a fundemental part of who I am.

I couldn't give a flying fu ck if we don't ever win the league, and quite frankly if we end up in the Championship then that's fine too, it doesn't change how I feel about the club. As it stands we are being run in exactly, precisely, how I want it to be run so it's all gravy for me. The club is in superb shape as far as I'm concerned. I'd like us to win a trophy and from where I'm sitting we've are in an excellent position to win one, one day.

If, to you, that is pointless then crack on and support that nice Manchester City.

I'm starting to like you......

I wonder if the people that are satisfied with just existing and being at the party apply the same ambition to their personal life?

Guess we are all different - people will often settle for what's available and what's available isn't always great. We are all destined to achieve greatness!

I wonder if the people that are satisfied with just existing and being at the party apply the same ambition to their personal life?

Guess we are all different - people will often settle for what's available and what's available isn't always great. We are all destined to achieve greatness!

You can control your own life and ambitions.

You have zero control over what SFC does. Some people seem too emotionally and mentally under-endowed to come to terms with these two facts.

My only ambition is to be the greatest SFC wind-up merchant the Internet has ever known but I know I will never achieve that ambition.

Do your brothers ever post on here? Is your sparring with Alpine just sibling rivalry

I've said it all along. To be in the top league, to avoid relegation is more than enough. Above that is a bonus.

The club is a business and the league is all that counts, 17th will do, anything above is a bonus.

We have also to be prepared to get relegated at sometime without risking bankruptcy and buying stupidly expensive players.

Yep. I've been saying it for years.

Heisenberg is showing this, he has mastered trolling to such an extreme that I now have a begrudging respect for his trade - it is truly special what he can do on this site.

I've said it all along. To be in the top league, to avoid relegation is more than enough. Above that is a bonus.

The club is a business and the league is all that counts, 17th will do, anything above is a bonus.

We have also to be prepared to get relegated at sometime without risking bankruptcy and buying stupidly expensive players.

But you got relegated last season??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have indeed and have been proven wrong every time since we came back to top flight.

Your posts are stupid but I admire your stamina

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I have never heard of him but after using my own black box I will confirm if he is any good :lol:

Edit: watched 1min of the below video and can confirm he is mustard, sign him up the new virgil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zThwuQLqDM0

Very good young player who had agood spell in the psg side earlier this season.

Composed, quick and plays the ball out of defensed. Not surprised we are interested, question is, are PSG prepared to let him go. Maybe we can do a 50M plus kimpembe deal for Virgil in the summer.

Well, it seems there is no chance of us getting Kimpembe. The fact that we are enquiring must mean either Fonte or VVD is off. And the fact that we are going after such unrealistic targets to fill the quality gap means we may well stagger over the finish line of this season in defence as well as up front.

With our scoring rate, if we suddenly start shipping goals we will be under relegation threat PDQ.

Well, it seems there is no chance of us getting Kimpembe. The fact that we are enquiring must mean either Fonte or VVD is off. And the fact that we are going after such unrealistic targets to fill the quality gap means we may well stagger over the finish line of this season in defence as well as up front.

With our scoring rate, if we suddenly start shipping goals we will be under relegation threat PDQ.

So you prefer us to go for average players so you can have a moan at how average we are post match? Either way you are in a win win situation you always end up moaning :D

So you prefer us to go for average players so you can have a moan at how average we are post match? Either way you are in a win win situation you always end up moaning :D

Here's a left-field suggestion; we simply tell whichever club that is in, for whichever defender is going, to f**k right off.

How does that grab you ?

Maybe putting 2+2 together...saints snapchat saying Hojbjerg has a new number...41. Firstly is this allowed? Secondly Gabbiandini wears 23...

Very odd to change number mid season, surely a potential new signing wants 23 and that's why he's changed?

Not sure if verified, but Hull fans saying Sebastien Haller was at their game last night.

they are just reporting what you mentioned that someone reckoned they saw him.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull-city-transfer-rumours-dutch-defender-hans-hateboer-and-france-striker-sebastien-haller-linked/story-30021861-detail/story.html

His agent

"We are ready to pick a better project than Utrecht's. Anything can happen in January," Haller's agent Loic Gustan last month told calciomercato.

"No he hasn't (any preference). He can play in every club, doesn't matter if it's in Premier League or Serie A.