Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

So, assuming he's not exactly a role model now, who's going to be team captain this season? Davis is club captain but I'm not sure he'll be first name on the team sheet every week. My vote would be Oriel, although his tenacity might not be ideal for a calm head required of as a captain.

Ideas...?

I hate the 'forcing a move' tactics players use these days (on request of their agents i'm sure) and I certainly wish our players would display the integrity of a Griezmann, but at the same time, if you show me a club that shows any kind of loyalty to a player when it doesn't suit them I'll show you that I don't really know how to finish this sentence. Loyalty is a two way street and I think both parties only drive one way when it suits them. So is there much point in criticizing the player when everyone knows the way the game is played?

you show me a club that has broken a contract with a player and got away with it?

I hate the 'forcing a move' tactics players use these days (on request of their agents i'm sure) and I certainly wish our players would display the integrity of a Griezmann, but at the same time, if you show me a club that shows any kind of loyalty to a player when it doesn't suit them I'll show you that I don't really know how to finish this sentence. Loyalty is a two way street and I think both parties only drive one way when it suits them. So is there much point in criticizing the player when everyone knows the way the game is played?
So effectively just allow the player to do what the fu ck they like, and don't criticise.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

He's a turd. It's been common knowledge for months that went and met another clubs manager whilst we're paying for his rehab... it's only now he's getting both barrels from fans.

Irrespective, he's a bigger pr1ck than I thought: 6 year bumper deal, captaincy injury and rehab, backstabbing Saints during that period then refusing to play because he doesn't get his way.... AND a gutless bottlejob when it comes to handing in a transfer request and foregoing a "loyalty" bonus. A proper c()nts trick.

This situation is now bigger than both he club and Virgil, like someone else mentioned above: standing firm and if necessary, letting his career wilt away for five years is a far better and robust decision than caving in and taking the money from a bunch of bin-dipping, self-pitying sh1t****s.

This

We will sell we always do, the club doesn't have the required leverage to stand firm, never have never will, ask for 70 million & send him on his way!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

We will sell we always do, the club doesn't have the required leverage to stand firm, never have never will, ask for 70 million & send him on his way!

Morgan, ,Wanyama, Mane

If we don't want to sell, we won't.

Nonsense.

Schneiderlin asked to leave in 2014... the club said no... he didn't leave in 2014... he stayed 1 more season and left in 2015

Wanyama asked to leave in 2015... the club said no... he didn't leave in 2015... he stayed 1 more season and left in 2016

Well VvD - good to see the real you - as usual I belived we got our Captain here long term and that you at least would honour your contract more then 15% 0f the lenght - but again why why do I still belive there is good players out there who actually don´t **** on club and fans - OK I know that many in our squad are here long term but the so called BIG NAMES are actually killing the love for the game bit by bit. There you go VvD thanks for making this summer not being about eximent about a coming season - it´s now disseapointment - again.

And to Looserpool - FUXK OFF - I hate you more then Man U and that is not how it should be - right....

Nonsense.

Schneiderlin asked to leave in 2014... the club said no... he didn't leave in 2014... he stayed 1 more season and left in 2015

Wanyama asked to leave in 2015... the club said no... he didn't leave in 2015... he stayed 1 more season and left in 2016

Saints are still well-positioned to keep him.

For Morgan, all I remember is his infamous Twitter outburst after he was told he was staying. Then Victor Wanyama contracted a mysterious illness / injury (I forget which) before a Europa League qualifier and like VVD had a single-minded determination to go to just one club. In both cases, they only had two years left. They had not recently signed long term contracts.

I just wonder where VVD sits on the scale of throwing toys out of the pram when compared to those two. Going on strike seems worse to me, which may make it harder for the club to keep him, and more difficult to re-integrate him when the transfer window expires.

Nonsense.

Big deal so all.the.club can manage is to make a player stay an extra season wow! How about a no your not moving & your going to honour the rest of your contract, how ever many years it is, when was the last time the club said that?

Well VvD - good to see the real you - as usual I belived we got our Captain here long term and that you at least would honour your contract more then 15% 0f the lenght - but again why why do I still belive there is good players out there who actually don´t **** on club and fans - OK I know that many in our squad are here long term but the so called BIG NAMES are actually killing the love for the game bit by bit. There you go VvD thanks for making this summer not being about eximent about a coming season - it´s now disseapointment - again.

And to Looserpool - FUXK OFF - I hate you more then Man U and that is not how it should be - right....

Very well put. My love of the game is being destroyed by money! Football will eat itself

Anyone but the bin dippers! Disgusting that he was happy to sign his 6 year deal last year earn his extra pounds, sign up as captain, go through a rehab and only then deciding he doesn't want to play here. Hope the club hold firm and refuse to deal with Liverpool AND make this explicit to Virgil. I actually am flabbergasted that he would essentially go on strike to sign for them? Virgil seriously? You are far too good for them!

Probably worth leaking our evidence to the media ... it's what all big clubs do right?

Big deal so all.the.club can manage is to make a player stay an extra season wow! How about a no your not moving & your going to honour the rest of your contract, how ever many years it is, when was the last time the club said that?

Your desire for a bit more loyalty and integrity in football is admirable, but I have to say I'm extremely glad you're not in charge of the finances of my employers.

It's the lack of respect for the club that makes me a little cranky. In case there are any doubts as to the fanbase we're dealing with over at Liverpool, here's some comments from our friends at RAWK:

I hope we sign him just to **** of Sotons fans and they can get to **** with the "self pitty city" ****e, you irrelevant ****s.

Who cares about Southampton? An absolute nothing club

Poor ****ey Southampton fc.

One trophy in 76 and wondering why your players want to play for a proper football club.

**** right off

They are as bad as us all

Sniveling self pitying rubbish from them

As an aside they really don't like being called some of the names that they are called on this site, which I have some sympathy with.

They also seem convinced that we tapped up VVD from Celtic. I'm not sure that I remember quite what happened there, but if we did tap him up (something that most clubs seem to do) I don't recall Saints' sending this information to every possible contact in the media without first bothering to even contact Celtic. Perhaps Ron tempted him with a visit to Blackgang Chine. Who knows.

Sadly it all seems inevitable.

I would very much like to hear what the PFA's view on VVD's behaviour would be? Probably the same as the Premier League who's interest is in protecting the best interests of the bigger teams at the expense of the smaller teams so the the "product", or football as us fans know it, can keep generating the big money income.

Perhaps it's time to jack in my sky sports subscription, that will show em!

Serious question, is there any legal action we can take against Liverpool, that their illegal approach to Van Dijk has resulted in an unhappy player, and that if he doesn't play that is; (a) diminishing his value; (b) potentially affecting any performances he does make; and © affects the club adversely when he doesn't play?

Surely there is something a lawyer or two could come up with, as well as pushing forward the extra evidence we apparently have on Liverpool and getting them a transfer ban.

It's the lack of respect for the club that makes me a little cranky. In case there are any doubts as to the fanbase we're dealing with over at Liverpool, here's some comments from our friends at RAWK:

As an aside they really don't like being called some of the names that they are called on this site, which I have some sympathy with.

They also seem convinced that we tapped up VVD from Celtic. I'm not sure that I remember quite what happened there, but if we did tap him up (something that most clubs seem to do) I don't recall Saints' sending this information to every possible contact in the media without first bothering to even contact Celtic. Perhaps Ron tempted him with a visit to Blackgang Chine. Who knows.

Liverpool is the self pity city. It's a well-known fact. Not to mention having a ridiculous accent.

F-uck the Scouse losers. No sympathy for their run down toe rag city. I live in London and the losers here are.mostly Scouse beggars

I'll repeat what I said a couple of days back, it's probably best we sell, just not to Liverpool.

Also, how the FA cannot directly link this to tapping up is beyond me. Vile club with a vile set of fans.

Agree, but not the only party to blame. VVD turned whilst we spend best part of 6 months nurturing him back to fitness is some gratitude - not! Could have easily suggested he would give us one more year for faith shown and asked to move season after. For me at min £70M, sell (even to Pool) - only if they make a proper and serious bid and let us get a replacement first - otherwise just suck it up.

For the sake of the final dignity of football he needs to put a transfer request in. Surely he'll be rich enough to forgo the 'loyalty' bonus. Just makes him look shady - I want to leave so won't play but equally want my loyalty bonus, huge new contract, and signing on fee. All that said nothing surprises me in football anymore.

He's holding out for the loyalty bonus. As things stand, he's no intention of submitting a transfer request. Thinks the move will happen anyway. He's a cvnt.

He's holding out for the loyalty bonus. As things stand, he's no intention of submitting a transfer request. Thinks the move will happen anyway. He's a cvnt.

How much is the damn loyalty bonus worth?

He's probably going to go from £70k to £170k a week!

I can't understand how anyone in this situation would hold out for a loyalty bonus. There's greed and then there's taking the p*ss.

I hope the club realise they've got his balls in a vice with this one. If he really wants it, he will have to hand in an official request sooner or later. He's hardly going to miss out on his big move over a loyalty bonus when he's going to get paid £170,000pw.

VvD is about as loyal to us as most of our fan base were to Puel. All this crying about honouring his contract is pathetic bearing in mind we didn't think anything of not honouring Claude's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah completely the same. An intelligent person might even say that is pony. But maybe if they were a cockney and not from dawset.

VvD is about as loyal to us as most of our fan base were to Puel. All this crying about honouring his contract is pathetic bearing in mind we didn't think anything of not honouring Claude's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I mentioned this when we fired Puel. Rightly or wrongly we surrendered the moral high ground and showed that the "long term project" was just hyperbole and that we wouldn't respect a contract either if we thought we would be better off to terminate it.

That said the behaviour is reprehensible from VVD. I mean a six year contract one year ago, then injured for half of the year. Really?

Yes I mentioned this when we fired Puel. Rightly or wrongly we surrendered the moral high ground and showed that the "long term project" was just hyperbole and that we wouldn't respect a contract either if we thought we would be better off to terminate it.

That said the behaviour is reprehensible from VVD. I mean a six year contract one year ago, then injured for half of the year. Really?

Fck me another buffoon comparing player and manager contracts.

Presumably we paid Puel compensation? Even though player & manager contracts are not really comparable, essentially we're comparing "sorry it's not working out but here's a severance package for your trouble" and "I have a contract that I'm not prepared to honour, but I'm not going to make it official by issuing a transfer request because it'll cost me more money than I'm already going to get from moving".

Liverpool's approach has been disgusting and I wish Saints pushed the tapping up further other than receiving a meaningless apology. Any longer and they'll be digging up Shankly to quote in the Mirror how Virgil should join them.

Over to them to pay the fee we want. Get it done and invest every penny into the squad.

question..

how safe is Les Reed's position after VvD, his agent, and LFC showed up his naivety in the transfer merry go round?

Afterall not the first time he has proved to be wanting in that department!

Never thought I'd miss Nicola's way of doing business:?

question..

how safe is Les Reed's position after VvD, his agent, and LFC showed up his naivety in the transfer merry go round?

I dont think Les is judged or rewarded on how satisfied us fans are.

His objective is to keep us in the league and make Kat bags of money. He's delivering for Kat

Kat wont give a shiny **** if we finish 8th ot 17th.

Wasn't it also confirmed on here that Les is a Liverpool fan?!

question..

Naivety? Why has he agreed a fee of £15m already?

This will end two ways, we keep him or sell him for an absurd amount of cash. Not sure what else you're expecting.

He's a turd. It's been common knowledge for months that went and met another clubs manager whilst we're paying for his rehab... it's only now he's getting both barrels from fans.

Irrespective, he's a bigger pr1ck than I thought: 6 year bumper deal, captaincy injury and rehab, backstabbing Saints during that period then refusing to play because he doesn't get his way.... AND a gutless bottlejob when it comes to handing in a transfer request and foregoing a "loyalty" bonus. A proper c()nts trick.

This situation is now bigger than both he club and Virgil, like someone else mentioned above: standing firm and if necessary, letting his career wilt away for five years is a far better and robust decision than caving in and taking the money from a bunch of bin-dipping, self-pitying sh1t****s.

Totally agree with this. Utterly pathetic behaviour from someone who signed a 6 year deal only a year ago.

Very important that we continue to stand firm on this - he should not be rewarded for the way he has acted by getting what he wants. If he is to leave this summer, our full asking price must be met and it can't be to Liverpool.

It's annoying, but in all honesty did anyone really think it would end up any other way than this. We don't need the money, we can therefore ask for a huge fee that pretty much scares everyone off, which then leaves the player stuck here unable to get the move that will give him the mega money wages. That scenario leads to one outcome, an unhappy player that forces the issue in an underhand way. Predictable. A few years ago I'd be going ape****, but now, well, it's just become the norm and I don't seem to muster then same levels of anger. That is perhaps more depressing to me than losing yet another top class player.

I dont think Les is judged or rewarded on how satisfied us fans are.

His objective is to keep us in the league and make Kat bags of money. He's delivering for Kat

Kat wont give a shiny **** if we finish 8th ot 17th.

Wasn't it also confirmed on here that Les is a Liverpool fan?!

What utter turd you write.

Yes yes yes yes yes but! We - the club have very steadily built this culture of, if you want to leave just say the word guys and we wil let you go. You reap what you sew.....

Now we have to break the culture and the rules we have written ourselves..... Easy - most definitely not but we made the rules so what can you say ??????

For the future of the club we are now in a corner we cannot compromise on as this will lead to a further erosion of the clubs determination to hang on to any players st all and yet again will lead to further player power and exodus....

Wake up Soton Football Club, you have to stand up for yourselves at some point or you will never keep a decent player for more than one year again!!!!