Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Mind you, I can see why he would want to join Liverpool.

For one thing, it's a chance to play with some of the other ex-Saints, like Mane and Lallana, who also went on to better things.

In Klopp they have a wonderful, charismatic manager, who any player would be delighted to play for.

The team themselves play extremely attractive, attacking football, which makes them one of the best sides in Europe to watch.

They're also the 5-times Champions of Europe, one of the biggest clubs in world football and have a fanbase that the Saints can only dream of.

As for Southampton, they're a midtable, nothing club, who have more chance of going down like their famous Titantic, than of actually winning any silverware.

So of course Virgil would much rather play for Liverpool.

Ps Thanks for Mane and Lallana (less so for Lovren, Clyne and Lambert, but you can't win 'em all) xx

What have they won at Liverpool?

For one thing, it's a chance to play with some of the other ex-Saints, like Mane and Lallana, who also went on to better things.

In Klopp they have a wonderful, charismatic manager, who any player would be delighted to play for.

The team themselves play extremely attractive, attacking football, which makes them one of the best sides in Europe to watch.

They're also the 5-times Champions of Europe, one of the biggest clubs in world football and have a fanbase that the Saints can only dream of.

As for Southampton, they're a midtable, nothing club, who have more chance of going down like their famous Titantic, than of actually winning any silverware.

Ps Thanks for Mane and Lallana (less so for Lovren, Clyne and Lambert, but you can't win 'em all) xx

Looking at your post history, you pretended to be a Saints fan. You utter weirdo.

1. Pretending to be a fan of a mid table nothing club then outing yourself after 5 posts is pathetic - ask Heisenberg for trolling lessons

2. Titanic was built in Belfast

3. You are called Darren lol

Our titanic? You should do some homework on that one and look a bit closer to home.

What have they won at Liverpool?

They've won their places in a team that's among the most attractive in Europe.

1. Pretending to be a fan of a mid table nothing club then outing yourself after 5 posts is pathetic - ask Heisenberg for trolling lessons

2. Titanic was built in Belfast

3. You are called Darren lol

I was planning to stay longer and drag it out more, but to be honest, this place is so deadly boring that I couldn't take it any longer.

The Liverpool forums are full of life and energy - but that's what happens if you actually have a fanbase I guess.

Hey, go easy on him, he chipped in £5 of his dole money to pay to post on here, he's not all bad ;)

Incorrect, this was free. I wouldn't pay a penny to post on a dull forum like this.

I was planning to stay longer and drag it out more, but to be honest, this place is so deadly boring that I couldn't take it any longer.

The Liverpool forums are full of life and energy - but that's what happens if you actually have a fanbase I guess.

Incorrect, this was free. I wouldn't pay a penny to post on a dull forum like this.

You're f**king off and VVD's planning on staying longer. Sounds like a win-win to me pal :lol:

The Liverpool forum has closed their Vvd thread because they know it's dead in the water which is obviously why you're here Daz, Hoping for any morsel of information which will help you sleep before you have to get up and go to your job washing cars down Tescos car park !

Edited by simo

Dopey Darren, another thick scouser (something in the Mersey perhaps) who doesn't understand that VVD will NEVER join their club. The deal is dead, time for them to get over it.

A simple question - how many trophies have Mané, Lallana, Lovren and Clyne won since they joined Liverpool? The Asia Trophy doesn't count.

Jesus.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Imagine having to remind everyone every other sentance that you were a big club, once.

Exactly, you don't hear Man Utd fans going on about how massive they are and how many trophies they've won. That's because, as England's most successful club, they don't need to mention it. Everyone knows they are a big club.

Minutes silence if he doesn't come to you, I assume?

Absolute freak.

It must irk that such a 'massive' club have to deal with little old Saints. I'm sure there was a time when they'd be dealing with the top European clubs to sign players. Still, suppose Liverpool are a selling club too, just like us all.

Edited by LGTL

Going to be some developments tomorrow. Stay tuned. I'll post again tomorrow night.

I'm going to scoop you on this one Tom. Darrren1 is going to change his user name to "Prrrepubscent1", and he will add an avatar to his profile, of Gerrard in mid slip in front of Demba Ba.

Mods: make it happen. You know you want to.

I disagree. Charlie Austin is possibly the most attractive in Europe.

Ah well, at least our fan base is pretty much all connected to the area and city. Can't accuse us of having many glory hunters now, can you? Liverpool on the other hand, most of its fan base are tourists who have never been within 100 miles of Liverpool.

But I really do find all these "our club is much better than yours" arguments a little strange. I'm sure Liverpool is all you say, but so what? Are we all supposed to abandon supporting Saints and support Liverpool?

But I really do find all these "our club is much better than yours" arguments a little strange. I'm sure Liverpool is all you say, but so what? Are we all supposed to abandon supporting Saints and support Liverpool?

I too have never understood or appreciated this. Ultimately it's just not a conversation that is worth having. If I wanted to talk to idiots who support other clubs, I'd go on Not606.

Mind you, I can see why coutinho would want to join Barcelona

For one thing, it's a chance to play with some of the other ex-Liverpools players , like suarez, who also went on to better things.

In Klopp Liverpool have a so over the top manager, who any player would be delsperate to get away from.

They're also the numerous times Champions of Europe, one of the biggest clubs in world football and have a fanbase that the liverpool can only dream of.

As for Liverpool they're a midtable, nothing club, who have never won the premier league, who have more chance of going down like their famous Titantic, than of actually winning any silverware.

So of course phillpie would much rather play for Barcelona.

Ps Thanks for Suarez...thank god no one ever fell for the Gerrard is actually any good so he stayed at Liverpool and won no titles whilst we won a zillion titles and tropheys under pep lol. xx

Xxxxxx

Talksport still talking like Liverpool are going to get him, Alan Brazil saying Liverpool haven't done anything wrong and should bid for him. Hope we keep him, love to hear what they say then. Clowns.

heard that. based on absolutely nothing

Brazil also said that Southampton need to make up their minds

I must have missed the bit where we said he may be for sale

the thing is, SFC do not need to make up their minds. Why should they? To help out Liverpool or any other suitor? I know that when Quim is there, objectivity is zero, but it also hides Brazil's lack of objectivity as well. He's just like the rest - only interested in the big teams. Maybe it makes him feel important. And as it is, I thought that it was a little obvious that we had made up our minds and VVD et al were not for sale. Its been said a fair few times. That people aren't listening to SFC is their problem.

the thing is, SFC do not need to make up their minds. Why should they? To help out Liverpool or any other suitor? I know that when Quim is there, objectivity is zero, but it also hides Brazil's lack of objectivity as well. He's just like the rest - only interested in the big teams. Maybe it makes him feel important. And as it is, I thought that it was a little obvious that we had made up our minds and VVD et al were not for sale. Its been said a fair few times. That people aren't listening to SFC is their problem.

Correct. I heard Le Tiss on there last week and he made Saints stance very clear and even dared to suggest that Liverpool won't get "their" man. This was beyond comprehension for both Quinn and Brazil and the subject was quickly changed to Matt's golfing. The lack of knowledge and research is hilariously bad.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10977675/jurgen-klopp-satisfied-with-liverpools-defensive-options

So the **** is happy with the 4 CBs he has (5 if you include Sakho). Who is he trying to kid? All that has happened is that Liverpool have come in, turned a players head, ****ed off and left SFC in a worse position. What a bunch of ****s LFC are.

heard that. based on absolutely nothing

Brazil also said that Southampton need to make up their minds

I must have missed the bit where we said he may be for sale

Talk Spirt are losing thousands of listeners every week... People are sick of the insesent drivel based around the big six all day.

It's boring.... As for the presenters - well the IQ test doesn't accommodate such an intelligence level...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10977675/jurgen-klopp-satisfied-with-liverpools-defensive-options

So the **** is happy with the 4 CBs he has (5 if you include Sakho). Who is he trying to kid? All that has happened is that Liverpool have come in, turned a players head, ****ed off and left SFC in a worse position. What a bunch of ****s LFC are.

That is not the worst of it, look what else he said -

Liverpool rejected an £11m bid from Napoli for Alberto Moreno earlier this summer - according to Sky sources - and Klopp has been particularly impressed by a series of mature pre-season displays from the left back, who struggled for form during the majority of last campaign.

"What I said is the truth. There is all this talking about signings and then you see Alberto Moreno - what a pre-season. You saw it. He has matured 100 per cent," Klopp added.

LMAO.

Hilarious, Liverpool are going to concede so many this year, with the extra pressures of Champions League (presuming they beat Hoffenheim) they'll have to rotate more and will get more injuries and they only scraped 4th last year without any european football.

And they will be doing all this whilst not improving the main areas they were weak last year, centre-back, left back and goalkeeper.

Plus Coutinho might go to Barcelona and IIRC Lallana is out for the first few months of the season. Potential melt down me thinks for their fans. Title challenge? I reckon it's more likely they will struggle for top 6.

Edited by tajjuk

That is not the worst of it, look what else he said -

LMAO.

Hilarious, Liverpool are going to concede so many this year, with the extra pressures of Champions League (presuming they beat Hoffenheim) they'll have to rotate more and will get more injuries and they only scraped 4th last year without any european football.

And they will be doing all this whilst not improving the main areas they were weak last year, centre-back, left back and goalkeeper.

Plus Coutinho might go to Barcelona and IIRC Lallana is out for the first few months of the season. Potential melt down me thinks for their fans. Title challenge? I reckon it's more likely they will struggle for top 6.

Obvious to anyone that Klopp isn't happy with his defence with Europe to contend with now.

Sounds like damage control after finally realising that VvD isn't going there to me.