Mauricio Pellegrino signs as First Team Manager on a Three Year deal - OFFICIAL

Jimmy_D

The arrival video they've just put up is one of the most transparent attempts to win over the simple-minded I've seen from the club. Looks like a bit of spoon-feeding is in order to stop people making them sack managers they like... :D

Speaks very well, comes across very well, says all the right things and seemingly has all the right idea's. He seems quite a confident fella, won't be afraid to put his point across and say what needs to be said. Seeing him tower over wee Ross was a bit funny.

It's a million miles away from the interview with Puel when he first came, a million miles. For a start, I didn't fall asleep.

Edited by S-Clarke

Depends what you deem preventable. VvD and Austin were both impact injuries. I thought we had one of the lowest incidences (if not the lowest) of soft tissue injuries.

I just look at the statistics, and we're miles behind Leicester and other teams in terms of average number of players out at any given time. We've been regularly near the top of physioroom.com charts. Maybe we're really, really unlucky, and maybe the likes of Leicester are really, really lucky.

I just look at the statistics, and we're miles behind Leicester and other teams in terms of average number of players out at any given time. We've been regularly near the top of physioroom.com charts. Maybe we're really, really unlucky, and maybe the likes of Leicester are really, really lucky.

of course if you have two players out with long term injuries it completely screws the stats.

Two? Add McCarthy and Pied into the mix of long terms

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Targett too , Back to the boss like someone else has said if you could compare Puels interviews to his football he certainly is a bit more inspiring I'm sold already !

Speaks very well, comes across very well, says all the right things and seemingly has all the right idea's. He seems quite a confident fella, won't be afraid to put his point across and say what needs to be said. Seeing him tower over wee Ross was a bit funny.

It's a million miles away from the interview with Puel when he first came, a million miles. For a start, I didn't fall asleep.

I think it's good people have a bit of optimism and enthusiasm for the new manager but you really extrapolated a lot from a pretty predictable and bland interview. The only real question in there was about what the fans could expect in terms of playing style and he dodged it - I think he mentioned something about a middle part but no idea what he meant. As for having the right ideas? What on earth do you mean by that? There was no detail at all aside from playing as a team which every manager is going to say.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not knocking Pellegrino. I'm just amazed you can come up with all of that praise from a ten minute interview in which very little of substance was actually said.

Have we signed The Invisible Man as our new manager?

Just the one quote from him, no pictures .... WTF is happening? Even if he is on holiday, surely some sort of Interview and Gratuitous Shirt Holding Picture could have been rustled up?

I think only players are allowed Gratuitous Shirt Holding Pictures. They might rustle round and find an old training top with MP on it..

Targett too , Back to the boss like someone else has said if you could compare Puels interviews to his football he certainly is a bit more inspiring I'm sold already !

You're the target audience then.

Twitter going hysterical over Pellegrino's charisma, and is therefore 10 times the manager Puel is.

Hitler was charismatic too. That makes him the greatest leader the world has ever seen then... :rolleyes:

Let's judge him on results.

A successful European invasion then?

He did say something of substance. He said football was not a job to him but a vocation because he just loved doing it. He hoped the team would get the same attitude and the fans would catch it as well. That's how I heard it and that cheered me.

Twitter going hysterical over Pellegrino's charisma, and is therefore 10 times the manager Puel is.

Hitler was charismatic too. That makes him the greatest leader the world has ever seen then... :rolleyes:

He was an awful man who did awful things but are you seriously trying to argue that Hitler was NOT one of the world's greatest ever leaders? Don't confuse values/morals with leadership qualities! The fact that he inspired followers to do such awful things is evidence in itself of his leadership qualities.

He was an awful man who did awful things but are you seriously trying to argue that Hitler was NOT one of the world's greatest ever leaders? Don't confuse values/morals with leadership qualities! The fact that he inspired followers to do such awful things is evidence in itself of his leadership qualities.

He was a terrible leader. The government of Nazi Germany was utterly, utterly chaotic. And he got too big for his boots, thought he could take on the might of Russia in addition to fighting in Western Europe and consequently lost the war.

Anyhow the point is this - charisma does not necessarily equal success. The same people on Twitter who had written off Puel in December have now swung in the complete opposite direction over one interview.

He was a terrible leader. The government of Nazi Germany was utterly, utterly chaotic. And he got too big for his boots, thought he could take on the might of Russia in addition to fighting in Western Europe and consequently lost the war.

Anyhow the point is this - charisma does not necessarily equal success. The same people on Twitter who had written off Puel in December have now swung in the complete opposite direction over one interview.

You seem so bitter that you were wrong about Puel

Get over it and stop crying..... Hes gone mate.

Just as well we're not playing Be'er Sheva this season.

It isn't obvious to me. All I see is a goalkeeping and set piece coach, highly respected in the game, bar 8-10 people on an internet forum whose views don't matter much.

You are either newly born, blind, don't read this forum very often, don't see many games or his Dad....

Which one is it?

Impressed by the first interview. A definite advantage over Claude Puel that he can express himself effectively in English, presumably benefiting in part from his time in England at Liverpool. Learned more about his philosophy in that interview than ever came across from Claude who was more affected by the language barrier. Liked his thoughts on constant improvement and that small details can make a significant difference. That sounded very much like the Dave Brailsford approach that contributed to the success of British Cycling. Very optimistic that this is a manager who the players will quickly come to respect.

I hope he goes on to be our most successful manager ever. But this is simply an interview, words. Words are easy, let's wait and judge him on his actions.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Good first interview. Usual dumb questions from that monosyllabic interviewer. he is an embarrassment to the club every time he speaks. Get rid! "How pleased are you to be here?" Give me strength.

" ... not pleased at all, they had to handcuff me and force me to read a stupid bloody script about how great everything adn everyone is at this club..." As if!

Good first interview. Usual dumb questions from that monosyllabic interviewer. he is an embarrassment to the club every time he speaks. Get rid! "How pleased are you to be here?" Give me strength.

" ... not pleased at all, they had to handcuff me and force me to read a stupid bloody script about how great everything adn everyone is at this club..." As if!

I don't think you know what monosyllabic means and not the word you are looking for. HTH