The New Manager Thread

washsaint

Who do you want as manager?  

572 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager?

Yes I fully agree. People seem to have forgotten just how much Adkins did for us - and then he was treated in an appalling manner by Cortese. I doubt he would have left us for Spurs or similar in the way that MP has done.

Adkins would have had offers after leading us to two straight promotions and steadying us in the prem. But he didnt publicise any of it like Pooch and just continued with the job that he clearly loved.

With the squad we have now, Adkins would have guided us to the giddy heights of 8th last season - no problem at all. Before he was sacked we'd lost just 2 of our last 13 and were heading up the table.

Would happilly have Adkins back here. In fact id be delighted

Won the La Liga among other things...wouldn't say no. ;)

Just asked a mate of mine, former welsh international and current manager of a Welsh team and wad immediately told "you don't want that ar*ehole, full of himself and players hate him. Just look at the players that retired early under him from the Welsh national team."

If it's not Koeman I think we should make some placards, organise a march, walk down to St Marys, shout a few slogans and then go to the pub. Who's in?

Can it wait until the Season Tickets get sent out so we can burn them?

Doesnt look like a manager is going to be in place before the WC, despite claims that he would be.

Seems to me appointing a manager when the world and his wife is focused on Brazil is also going to be a challenge.

Looks like the board are f**king this up big-time too..

Doesnt look like a manager is going to be in place before the WC, despite claims that he would be.

Seems to me appointing a manager when the world and his wife is focused on Brazil is also going to be a challenge.

Hold your horses. There's still two days before it even starts, and 4 days before England's first game.

Alpine: in no way a one trick pony.

The biggest disservice this forum has done the Saints search for a new manager has been leaving MURAT YAKIN's name out of the Poll. The day the Poll was posted Spartac led the footbqll world to believe Yakin had agreed to be their new manager, thus his name no longer appearing on the betting lists.

However, this was not so and the best candidate IS STILL AVAILABLE AND OPEN TO OFFERS.. The forum has done the search a huge disservice as I believe has his name appeared he'd have topped the list. The club will have people reading the fans opinions and not seeing his name may have influenced their search by writing him off as not popular.

Surely his name can be added or a fresh poll be started to include other candidates left out.

The biggest disservice this forum has done the Saints search for a new manager has been leaving MURAT YAKIN's name out of the Poll. The day the Poll was posted Spartac led the footbqll world to believe Yakin had agreed to be their new manager, thus his name no longer appearing on the betting lists.

However, this was not so and the best candidate IS STILL AVAILABLE AND OPEN TO OFFERS.. The forum has done the search a huge disservice as I believe has his name appeared he'd have topped the list. The club will have people reading the fans opinions and not seeing his name may have influenced their search by writing him off as not popular.

Surely his name can be added or a fresh poll be started to include other candidates left out.

It's an absolute bloody travesty !!! This fan is incredibly angry ! :hunt:

I think you must be jesting here ART, the forum has done nothing to either hinder or promote the choice of the new manager.

It's nothing to do with the fans...we'll get whomsoever the board choose, no input from us required or accepted.

Well if you're going to get carried away because some tool thinks its funny to mention Toshack, then a few of you repeat if until a few more say 'I keep hearing Toshack', then I'll join in and say I keep hearing about Gerry Francis.

I've heard that too.

Took QPR to fifth in the Premier League and has a great track record of developing young flair players like Andy Sinton.

I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Well if you're going to get carried away because some tool thinks its funny to mention Toshack, then a few of you repeat if until a few more say 'I keep hearing Toshack', then I'll join in and say I keep hearing about Gerry Francis.

Or his brother Gerry Attric

If only the board of directors had access to information other than this thread to make their decision.

A shame really.

Cba to read through pages, any news?

Yup...

Koeman has dropped out of the running to be replaced by Toshack with Gerry Francis as his assistant - currently negotiating around whether his mullet can come. Well, I think that's it.

Cba to read through pages, any news?

Yes, here it is, the new manager will be , oh I don't know ummm.... Alan Hansen. Fact. This is 100% guarenteed, whyso, I hear you say? I shall tell you..

He resigned from MOTD to make himself available

I heard someone say it (that someone may or may not have been me, can't divulge my sources)

I followed the statement with "fact" which closes off counter argument

I have set aside this weeks shopping money to bet on it

I met an old soothsayer in the woods who proclaimed such to be true

I have a friend who is friends with a taxi driver who drove home one of the Saints media team yesterday. Apparently, the stumbling block over Koeman is the board's insistence that he appoints Gerry Francis as his assistant. Apparently, the board feels that with a Swiss owner and a Canadian Chairman, the club needs an English presence to keep the fans involved. Sounds reasonable to me.

I have a friend who is friends with a taxi driver who drove home one of the Saints media team yesterday. Apparently, the stumbling block over Koeman is the board's insistence that he appoints Gerry Francis as his assistant. Apparently, the board feels that with a Swiss owner and a Canadian Chairman, the club needs an English presence to keep the fans involved. Sounds reasonable to me.

As Gerry Francis is the only Englishman available, clearly they would insist on him.

As Gerry Francis is the only Englishman available, clearly they would insist on him.

They considered Ray WIlkins, but he has a driving ban now, and the bus routes don't allow him enough time to make the connections to get to Staplewood by 8.30am

I agree. Yakin would be my first choice as manager, just ahead of Koeman. Can't understand why he wasn't in the list given he was favourite at one point, before the Moscow job came up, which he didn't take. Seems an ideal fit to me.

I agree. Yakin would be my first choice as manager, just ahead of Koeman. Can't understand why he wasn't in the list given he was favourite at one point, before the Moscow job came up, which he didn't take. Seems an ideal fit to me.

Don't know why people are harping on about this bloke, experience only in a minnow league. So they beat Chelsea, Celtic beat Barca, does that mean Lennon is a suitable candidate then? Anyway Yakin will eventually take the job at Spartak.

Edited by Window Cleaner