Morgan's head gone- Update: It has been re-attached

Chez

There's no way he will leave, as if he did, the club would have made one of the worlds great former players look an absolute prize prat. I cannot see someone as staunch and direct as Koeman taking too kindly to being made to look like a fool...

That's why it cannot happen now. The repercussions are much more than us just losing a player.

There are ways to make an excuse round selling Morgan, and even if there weren't annoying the fanbase for a moment would probably only be a short term problem. Besides which, if this forum is representative of the fanbase, then some leaked rumours painting Morgan in a bad light would soon change opinion. Fans are pretty fickle and very willing to believe anything that is negative towards the club.

As for annoying Koeman - I'm sure they'd live with that, or promise him the funds in the next window. As an aside I love how people think they "know" players or managers just from what they see or hear in interviews.

Anyway, not really having a pop at you S-Clarke - just the trend for people to see something an interview that they want to see. As an example I'm sure someone commented yesterday that when talking about the Italian winger we're linked with Koeman had a "twinkle in his eye". Talk about clutching at straws but that's not too far away from assuming that Koeman is direct and staunch based on a few bland interviews.

We will sign someone before the transfer deadline. Don't ask me how I know.

(If we don't sign anyone it isn't because I didn't know (I do know), it will be because the deal fell through.)

Originally posted by Donald Rumsfeld

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

BwNkDRpCcAASNP7.png:large

Morgans first attempt to show how much he loves the fans?

Frankly, he's as bad as Lallana. Might have taken longer but he (& another club) will have done our Boardroom like kippers if he leaves. I don't expect a compensating fee.

Still, hoping I'm wrong and he stays a Saint. He won't though.

Excellent interview which had me smiling from ear to ear during his little recount of the last few weeks. An apology to the fans and a renewed commitment to the cause.

Whatever his future holds no one can say he hasn't acted with true professionalism (that tweet apart). I hold him in the greatest of regard and more so following that honest interview.

Wonderful to hear Morgan referring to the privileged position footballers find themselves in relation to others less fortunate around the world. A lesson I wish others would heed.

Perhaps a cynic will argue he is saying all the right things and I do still believe Morgan will play for a top 4 side in the very near future. However, he is a great guy and is still ours so fully expect a storming season from him.

Koeman must be delighted with Morgan's reaction.

Great. Nothing more could have been asked of him. He is playing well and fronted it up.

He is never going to say that he never wanted to leave because he obviously did and probably deep down still does.

But it was a great interview I thought and very professional.

Its in his interests to play well this season, and it benefits us. Lets just enjoy him for one more season. Top player.

Posted in the 'heads gone' fred...

Excellent interview which had me smiling from ear to ear during his little recount of the last few weeks. An apology to the fans and a renewed commitment to the cause.

Whatever his future holds no one can say he hasn't acted with true professionalism (that tweet apart). I hold him in the greatest of regard and more so following that honest interview.

Wonderful to hear Morgan referring to the privileged position footballers find themselves in relation to others less fortunate around the world. A lesson I wish others would heed.

Perhaps a cynic will argue he is saying all the right things and I do still believe Morgan will play for a top 4 side in the very near future. However, he is a great guy and is still ours so fully expect a storming season from him.

Koeman must be delighted with Morgan's reaction.

Great. Nothing more could have been asked of him. He is playing well and fronted it up.

He is never going to say that he never wanted to leave because he obviously did and probably deep down still does.

But it was a great interview I thought and very professional.

Its in his interests to play well this season, and it benefits us. Lets just enjoy him for one more season. Top player.

This

Hats off to Koeman, Kruger and co for digging their heals in.

Just goes to show that you don't have to sell players just because a bigger club comes in for them.

Correct, we only sell them when the big boys come knocking with ridiculously high offers :)

Morgan, you're such a wild thing

You make my heart sing

You are my everything

Morgan Schneiderlin.

Has to be something from La Marseillaise surely ??

Its a great rousing tune and obviously should be appreciated by our Frenchy midfield maestro !

To Arms Citizens!!

Form Your battalions...

Morgan

Morgan

MORGAN

SCHNEIDERLIN!!

Morgan Schneiderlin

Non?

In fact doesn't this already get sung for him?? Sure I've heard it??

I think a deal has been struck and he will stay until next summer. Anyone know when his contract runs out?

Probably. If it's good enough for Alex Ferguson and Christiano Ronaldo then I think we should honour that without dins on here getting all upset. He doesn't owe us anything, that's for sure.