Nathaniel Clyne Joins Liverpool - Official

Saint Garrett

Another sh*t summer beckons.

No Toby

No Clyne

No Morgan

No J-rod return

Maybe we have gone off-the-boil in the last few weeks because our "superstars" are more focused on their big summer pay-days.

Since two of these superstars haven't played in the last few weeks and one has only play a little bit, this doesn't seem like a likely explanation.

I seem to remember a discussion about how The FPP really screws over clubs like ourselves, as, although we are financially well run,

you can only use a certain percentage of your annual income, as salary out goings, and we are small fry in revenue terms than the big boys. Not sure how transfer fees come into this though,

but we must be in a stronger position than last year.

FFP is not our problem here. It is that we have less money. FFP does limited how much money Katharina Liebherr can donate to the club, but she was never going to donate as much as Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour or enough to compete with Man U's commercial income. Unless someone like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, or Carlos Slim is going to buy us FFP generally favors us. We can see this year how FFP has limited both Chelsea and Manchester City, but not Manchester United.

Decent right-backs are ten-a-penny. Ronald will have no bother replacing him.

Yeah players as good as Clyne are gagging to play for Saints so should be a simple task.

Not sure why United and Chelsea want him, he is crap.

Schneiderlin poor recently as well (when he bothers to play) and we are fine defensively without Toby. Amazing really that Lovren kept Yoshida out the team last year.

(Its started already, and its simpler this way to downgrade anyone clearly leaving).

Might just be me then. I'd never heard of Pelle, Tadic or Mane.

My point is we didn't pay 50k to buy a goalkeeper from say, Stockport , we paid 10m for one! We didn't buy a 20k left back from Hartlepool we paid 8m plus for one, we didn't replace lallana with a 1m player from the championship , we paid 10m for a replacement etc. sometimes these buys don't work out DO and GR for example, however if we sold 3 players this summer -say j rod 15m, Clyne 15m and Morgan 20m (figures for example) and bought five 10 m players then our squad would be stronger even if the first team was weakened.

Personally I think squad depth is the biggest barrier to competing especially if you do well in the cups.

I did indeed and when they decided not to take up their option Utd moved straight in and it was all sorted in days. Corky was told the same details a couple of days later by a Utd board member.

Fair enough, if he has agreed to go there, I wonder how much impact it has on him knowing that we are currently directly competing against them? It's not a common scenario as players tend not to move around the big clubs very often.

Another sh*t summer beckons.

No Toby

No Clyne

No Morgan

No J-rod return

Maybe we have gone off-the-boil in the last few weeks because our "superstars" are more focused on their big summer pay-days.

But Toby and Morgan have been injured and Jay has been a non-starter for the whole season so your hypothesis is rubbish.

Yeah players as good as Clyne are gagging to play for Saints so should be a simple task.

Not sure why United and Chelsea want him, he is crap.

Schneiderlin poor recently as well (when he bothers to play) and we are fine defensively without Toby. Amazing really that Lovren kept Yoshida out the team last year.

(Its started already, and its simpler this way to downgrade anyone clearly leaving).

Where did I say he was crap?

Decent right-backs are ten-a-penny. Ronald will have no bother replacing him.

Would prefer him to stay though, rather than become a bit-part player elsewhere.

Always fascinating the "He'll only be a bit part player" line is always used as the case against when one of ours might go to a bigger club.

I just hope the people that say it are not the same people who demand that we sign lots more players to have a stronger squad ourselves - because that would mean us having more bit part players too, and that would be awful, right?

Always fascinating the "He'll only be a bit part player" line is always used as the case against when one of ours might go to a bigger club.

I just hope the people that say it are not the same people who demand that we sign lots more players to have a stronger squad ourselves - because that would mean us having more bit part players too, and that would be awful, right?

Lambert, Lovren, Shaw, Lallana - bit part players.

Without stirring a hornets nest, it's debatable whether, in most cases, we've brought in better players. Clyne is a class act and far harder to replace than Lambert, Chambers and Lovren were last season.

True - apart from Toby there is no evidence we have brought in better players. As direct replacements. Outside of the back four the rest are currently underwhelming and don't start me on Lambert's replacement who isn't half the player Lambert was or is... To be honest it the same with Tadic and Lallana ....

True - apart from Toby there is no evidence we have brought in better players. As direct replacements. Outside of the back four the rest are currently underwhelming and don't start me on Lambert's replacement who isn't half the player Lambert was or is... To be honest it the same with Tadic and Lallana ....

I agree - they're all shït hence why we are languishing in 5th place and 2 points of 3rd place.

I would rather we cashed in on players that aren't really committed to being here as opposed to paying over the odds to keep an unhappy player. Trippier is a good shout - if Burnley go down they won't really have any need to cash in on him but it would be a good career move for him.

Flog Clyne for £20-25m in the summer if he does reject our contract offer and get Trippier in for £10-12m, with spare change to improve other areas of the squad (i.e. striker).

Clyne has scored 2 goals and 0 assists, he's a good player and all but not a key player, although the greatest compliment I can give this team that i don't think anyone is.

I'd take 15 mil and see if we can afford micah richards

In a world where games are played on spreadsheets and football by numbers, Clyne isn't a key player.

In a world where games are played on spreadsheets and football by numbers, Clyne isn't a key player.

Just to qualify my earlier statement I've always defined a key player as someone who would immediately impact our short term ability to perform, there is not 1 player who I would class as key, currently I would class Ronald and Les Reed the singular most important team influencing people in our club.

Just to qualify my earlier statement I've always defined a key player as someone who would immediately impact our short term ability to perform, there is not 1 player who I would class as key, currently I would class Ronald and Les Reed the singular most important team influencing people in our club.

You don't think we have a single key player?

When Morgan's on his game, I'd say he was key. We just look so much less likely to lose. But we'll have to learn to live without him.

Clyne has scored 2 goals and 0 assists, he's a good player and all but not a key player, although the greatest compliment I can give this team that i don't think anyone is.

I'd take 15 mil and see if we can afford micah richards

Bizarre.

This all day long. Rooney been chatting away no doubt in the same way Stevie G did for Liverpool last year.

Doesnt help that the England manager always talks about his players being at big clubs.

Everytime one of ours gets called up I cringe cos you just know what will happen....

I have been saying this for years........the England team is a joke..........just there to tap up players for the so called big clubs........and will never ever win the Euros or World cup

Edited by SarniaSaint

I have been saying this for years........the England team is a joke..........just there to tap up players for the so called big clubs........and will never ever win the Euros or World cup

If it wasn't for his England appearance Clyne's agent would be blissfully unaware there were riches to be made from a lucrative transfer.

Right on the last point though.

"what, you play for a team called who? Banchester United? And you're on how much money? I had no idea, I have never left the Hampshire area or spoken to another player until I got called up for England. This has truly opened my eyes and no mistake."

Much like many of the things you've "been saying for years", it's nonsense.

The best way to avoid more glamorous clubs raiding our squad is to buy rubbish and develop no one through the academy.

Every club has a limit - United couldn't hold onto Ronaldo, ditto Liverpool with Suarez.

And even if we qualified for the Champions' League there would always be an offer from a club who might actually win it.

Tis the way, but we are in a pretty good place, and able to offer quality players time on a pitch - if that motivates them more than shiny wheel trims and prison-style neck tats.

If Lovren is worth £20M we should be able to get £75M for Clyne. :)

I have not heard about this one. I was at OT last week working & am at Carrington with my youngest on Sunday. I will see what I can find out. Sometimes the tongue in cheek questions get the best answers. Equally I could be told buggar all!!!!

I do know however that they have watched Clyne for many years. Even prior to joining Saints.

Decent english born players are a premium for big clubs who don't have any path ways for their youth teams into the first teams but still need to meet the criteria for home grown players, I'd expect a lot more good english players to join big cubs and be squad players.

Think Chelsea and City must be struggling for home grown players.

I have not heard about this one. I was at OT last week working & am at Carrington with my youngest on Sunday. I will see what I can find out. Sometimes the tongue in cheek questions get the best answers. Equally I could be told buggar all!!!!

I do know however that they have watched Clyne for many years. Even prior to joining Saints.

Mention that you often often seen Clyne sloshed outside Junk at 3am, and last time he was ripping the piss out of Van Gaal, saying he looks like Foghorn Leghorn's gay brother :thumbup:

Decent english born players are a premium for big clubs who don't have any path ways for their youth teams into the first teams but still need to meet the criteria for home grown players, I'd expect a lot more good english players to join big cubs and be squad players.

Think Chelsea and City must be struggling for home grown players.

Remember Schneiderlin counts as both English and French for home grown purposes.

And what if Toby and Morgan are taking longer on the treatment table to ensure they are ready for their summer medicals ?

WTF? Evidence by any chance for this BS? The last time we heard this, from other ITK posters, was that Jay Rod was deliberately delaying his recovery to secure his January move. Those people have been very quiet since 1 Feb

Edited by Bucks Saint