Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I wouldn't say no to Barkley, but I would be looking for a season long loan with an option to buy. How many years left on his contract? Can't really see it happening, especially if we are already in for Lemina. Almeida is an excellent player and obviously we are looking at succession planning ahead of a departure next summer.

I suppose the fullback rumours are nonsense. However, it were true...

I thought for some time about how Cedric would do a winger/RM. He started his career there originally.

Pied seems a lot stronger and I can't see Cedric getting a lot of game time if Pied plays at his best.

Just going to leave this here...

JWP is better than Barkley.

**** me, Monday afternoon & you're tanked up already.

Barclay looks like a typical West Ham signing to me. If I was him I'd lower my demands and try & get into Spurs. There seemed to be a little bit of interest there. Telling that absolutely nobody gets seriously linked with JWP isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought for some time about how Cedric would do a winger/RM. He started his career there originally.

Pied seems a lot stronger and I can't see Cedric getting a lot of game time if Pied plays at his best.

Is that a joke?

Bit odd. Cedric is and should be the first name at right back whilst he is here.

Bit odd. Cedric is and should be the first name at right back whilst he is here.

Guess what I'm trying to say is either way I'd be interested to see Cedric have some time further up the field.

It would be quite useful if we knew he could also cover for RM.

*Fingers-crossed*

(Needs a slightly better source for me to get excited though)

not sure its worth it for a one year loan deal, we are already in a position where one of boufal redmond etc will probably be on the bench, makes more sense to develop these two then roberts for city.

*Fingers-crossed*

(Needs a slightly better source for me to get excited though)

That Mirror "journalist" has a horrendous record for click bait articles and copy/pasting & rehashing old stories.

It only makes sense to buy or have the option to buy Roberts, Saints since returning to the Premier League haven't spend their time developing under 21s for other clubs. I doubt they are going to start now they are an established top 8 team.

Get (ex Celtic man) Forster to call him and recommend Saints to him

Forster left Celtic in 2014

Roberts joined Celtic in 2016

They possibly have never met each other.

Didn't realise Gibson was still at Boro. Thought he'd moved for some reason. Worth signing? Be nice to get someone with a bit of experience under their belt even if just one season. Think he'd do alright here. Seems like a reasonable option to get now and then take longer to get another CB once we have the VVD money, even if it's in January or next summer.

Never been very impressed with him myself but I bet he's not a complete **** so would be upgrade in some respects.

So, who have we concretely been linked with this summer at centre back? Hoedt, for one. Wimmer? de Vrij? Trying to separate the rumour from the fact.

I guess Hoedt is the one we've most recently been linked with. I still believe we only need one new centre back, partnering Stephens or Yoshida, but I understand why people think we need 2. (Jan Kirchoff still on a free if we fancy a cheapy! :))

So, who have we concretely been linked with this summer at centre back? Hoedt, for one. Wimmer? de Vrij? Trying to separate the rumour from the fact.

I guess Hoedt is the one we've most recently been linked with. I still believe we only need one new centre back, partnering Stephens or Yoshida, but I understand why people think we need 2. (Jan Kirchoff still on a free if we fancy a cheapy! :))

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/15324677.Saints_Transfer_Rumour_Mill__Chelsea_target_Saints_duo/

Are these sizable bids, or loans etc? Obviously not looking for someone to dispose of Forster as number 1?

Buzzkill. Let a guy dream for a bit until the inevitable disappointment.

Then again, I wonder what Pellegrino thinks of him. Surely he will have looked up Forster's performances last year, especially after Brentford and Augsburg.

Are these sizable bids, or loans etc? Obviously not looking for someone to dispose of Forster as number 1?

Weird situation to be in after giving Forster a new 5 year contract.

Does not make sense to bring in a new number one although I agree Forster is crap.

Weird situation to be in after giving Forster a new 5 year contract.

Does not make sense to bring in a new number one although I agree Forster is crap.

I reckon McCarthy has got another serious season-ending injury. Then we have Taylor.......

Gazzaniga seemingly off, Lewis on loan at Dundee.

Hopefully whoever it is is good enough to push for a place himself and not just fill a position on the bench like Hassen did.

I reckon McCarthy has got another serious season-ending injury. Then we have Taylor.......

Gazzaniga seemingly off, Lewis on loan at Dundee.

Hopefully whoever it is is good enough to push for a place himself and not just fill a position on the bench like Hassen did.

was McCarthy the other player involved in the clash of knees injury which has put Sims out for a while ?

We need 2 if VVD goes, him and Sakho would be fine.

Could probably get Liverpool to pay Sakho's wages for us as they want VvD so much.

Whatever happened to that Vietto rumour? Just scored (what looks to be the winner) for Madrid in this friendly tournament.

I noticed SSN still have us interested in him on their Transfer Centre update.

We have since Fonte went....we are an injury and suspension away from Gardos/Bednarek

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We had Cáceres on the bench then. Along with a "returning soon" VVD. But now we are indeed an injury and suspension away from Gardos/Bednarek. Over to you Les ....

Gibson is another Roger Johnson - looked okay in an ultra defensive set up, but totally at sea in any tactics more ambitious than playing for a grim, backs to the wall 0-0 draw. He's not quick, particularly strong in the air or good on the deck.

£30 million? If anyone pays even a third of that, they will have been royally had.

The likes of Wimmer and Gibson at those quoted prices would be poor buys IMO.

But quite possibly having Bednarek starting on Saturday shows we haven't handled our CB situation well since the day we let Fonte leaving before securing a replacement.