Angus Gunn - Official: Signs for Norwich

SuperSAINT

• Lighthouse changed the title to Angus Gunn - Official: Loaned to Stoke
34 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

& again today.

Gunn is not their number 1 keeper so will more be on the bench more often than not, which unfortunately will not give him much more game time. Their no. 1 is Davies the Wales national keeper and has been performing well according to Stokes fans forum.

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/296879/davies

1 minute ago, M271 said:

Gunn is not their number 1 keeper so will more be on the bench more often than not, which unfortunately will not give him much more game time. Their no. 1 is Davies the Wales national keeper and has been performing well according to Stokes fans forum.

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/296879/davies

Tremendous loan move if he wanted to go from a No.3 to No.2.

Had the match on in the background prior to Gunn coming on. A mix of poor defending and Gunn being too slow to come off his line was the fault for Swansea's second goal. Gunn ended up catching Palmer, missing the ball completely when coming for a punch, Palmer just had to get the ball on target. He also almost gifted Swansea a goal earlier in the match as he had to stop a back pass from going in with his hand after slipping up (indirect free kick given in the box, blocked by the defence). Had a search of his name on Twitter to get Stoke fans' verdict of his debut and they're writing him off already. Won't have helped with his confidence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20/11/2020 at 18:12, Lets B Avenue said:

They've been able to recall a 20 yo, who was on loan for the season at Doncaster. He was playing for England U21 the other night.

Stoke fan I know spoke highly of this lad Bursik on his form since coming back to the club so Gunn may be pushed further down the pecking order.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Gunn has agreed to extend the loan at Stoke for the 2021/22 season...

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-angus-gunn-southampton-5042794

Interesting we've agreed that already. I imagine that means we expect to stick with Fraser and McCarthy for next season. (I think Fraser still has a year or 2 left?)

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Interesting we've agreed that already. I imagine that means we expect to stick with Fraser and McCarthy for next season. (I think Fraser still has a year or 2 left?)

The optimist in me says maybe Forster goes back to Celtic given they clearly need him, McCarthy becomes our bench option with this new deal on lower wages, and we make an effort to sign someone new, Johnstone from West Brom has been ok and I'd take one of Areola, Darlow, Dubravka, or Pope (way out of our price range, likely) from the most likely third relegated side.

• 2 months later...

Not sure I like the sound of this bit:

Stoke still have the option to bring him back on loan for the 2021-22 campaign.

every chance we'll have all three of them sat around next season at this rate.

• Sad 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Angus Gunn - Official: Signs for Norwich