Alexandre Jankewitz

del boy

19 minutes ago, Neef said:

It's a fair move for both. 

We have JWP, Romeu and Diallo. It's likely he wouldn't have got the game time wanted to progress his career, and we couldn't have promised him that either. 

Good luck to him. 

Yeah, hope he has a good career and that we've got a sell on clause in their somewhere. Bit of a weird one given the buzz about him from some of our fans, but then him never really getting a chance to show it. 

4 hours ago, trousers said:

Gone...

#headscratcher

Screenshot_20210712-100223-273.png

Screenshot_20210712-100416-643.png

I assume he means getting sent off on debut and asking for a transfer, rather than anything else that we weren't aware of.

Personally, I think him asking for a transfer was perfectly reasonable. Why shouldn't he ask, through the official steps, to be allowed to move to a club that will play him? If he feels the club is holding up his progress, he is well within his rights.

Best of luck to him. Hope we have a significant sell on clause.

• Like 1

Whatever he goes onto achieve it's got to be the worst Saints career ever. 2 appearances, 1 start, 3 minutes of premier league football, 1 sending off. Can anyone top that?

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cartman said:

His performance against Man Utd will be remembered for decades... much like Ali Dia's against Leeds. Closest we have come to replacing the legend that is George Weah's cousin.

Where does Gobern’s challenge go on that list?  That was legendary. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Scott Marshall? 2 games, 2 own goals, 2 defeats, in 1 week, sent out on loan to Celtic. Must be on a par.

didnt we conceded 9 goals in those 2 games a well? He was absolutely dreadful wasn't he

57 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Whatever he goes onto achieve it's got to be the worst Saints career ever. 2 appearances, 1 start, 3 minutes of premier league football, 1 sending off. Can anyone top that?

He is the PL equivalent of Moonlight Graham

7 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Where does Gobern’s challenge go on that list?  That was legendary. 

Gobern made sporadic appearances over the course of about three seasons and even contributed a goal or two so he can’t really be compared, as hilarious as that red was.

Not a Saints player but if VAR had been around in 2015, Mitrovic would have been sent off 7 seconds into his debut, against us.

20 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Something clearly wasn’t right for a 19 year old to be giving ultimatums about being in the first team. I’m not sure why you’d lay this at Ralph’s door when none of us know anything about what else was happening behind the scenes and in training.m

Something clearly wasn’t right for a 19 year old to be giving ultimatums about being in the first team. I’m not sure why you’d lay this at Ralph’s door when none of us know anything about what else was happening behind the scenes and in training.

We re making a big mistake here.

he has a big chance of being a very good player.

6 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

We re making a big mistake here.

he has a big chance of being a very good player.

Yes a big mistake all because Ralph wants him out.

It would be stupid if we never had a 50% sell on fee as part of the deal.

Something clearly wasn’t right for a 19 year old to be giving ultimatums about being in the first team. I’m not sure why you’d lay this at Ralph’s door when none of us know anything about what else was happening behind the scenes and in training.

The lad wanted to play and was willing to move to a lesser club in a lesser league if he couldn’t play here. I can't fathom how you twist that to an "ultimatum" or any other negative. 

None of us know if anything else was happening behind the scenes, but if it was and the solution was to sell the lad, that doesn't scream effective management to me. 

22 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Yeah, hope he has a good career and that we've got a sell on clause in their somewhere. Bit of a weird one given the buzz about him from some of our fans, but then him never really getting a chance to show it. 

Not really a weird one.  He's got a year left on his contract, had publicly handed in a transfer request, reportedly had a bad attitude and was sent off after a couple of mins of his debut. 

Would have been a massive surprise if he hadn't left. 

6 hours ago, egg said:

The lad wanted to play and was willing to move to a lesser club in a lesser league if he couldn’t play here. I can't fathom how you twist that to an "ultimatum" or any other negative. 

None of us know if anything else was happening behind the scenes, but if it was and the solution was to sell the lad, that doesn't scream effective management to me. 

If he has told the manager he wants first team football or a transfer, I’d take that as an ultimatum. Like I said, we don’t know the circumstances around why and he may well have valid personal issues but it would appear he has forced out hand to an extent.

55 minutes ago, aintforever said:

We let young players go all the time, how is that not effective management?

You miss the point. If the lad has been released for non footballing reasons, then the non footballing reasons should be capable of being managed. If he was released because he wasn't good enough football wise then fine, although from what i've seen that would be a surprising decision.  

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

If he has told the manager he wants first team football or a transfer, I’d take that as an ultimatum. Like I said, we don’t know the circumstances around why and he may well have valid personal issues but it would appear he has forced out hand to an extent.

What's wrong with saying if I can't play here then I'd like to go so that I can play? That's not an ultimatum. His stance was perfectly reasonable to me, and fair play to him for not wanting to sit on his arse stealing a living.

5 minutes ago, egg said:

You miss the point. If the lad has been released for non footballing reasons, then the non footballing reasons should be capable of being managed. If he was released because he wasn't good enough football wise then fine, although from what i've seen that would be a surprising decision.  

Like Ravel Morrison or Osvaldo? I would say non football reasons would be a good reason for him to be moved on.

1 hour ago, Yozzman said:

Like Ravel Morrison or Osvaldo? I would say non football reasons would be a good reason for him to be moved on.

If Jankewitz has turned to a life of crime or is beating up his colleagues I'd agree you, but let's not put him in that category - his biggest crime (over and above his horror tackle) is wanting to play the game that he's payed to play. 

It’s a shame it hasn’t worked out.  I’ve no idea if anything happened behind the scenes, but Ralph strikes me as someone who would trust a good player who throws himself into “RalphBall” 100% than a very good player who doesn’t.

• Like 2

On 13/07/2021 at 18:14, egg said:

If Jankewitz has turned to a life of crime or is beating up his colleagues I'd agree you, but let's not put him in that category - his biggest crime (over and above his horror tackle) is wanting to play the game that he's payed to play. 

So it comes down to this

"Boss, i want to play first team"

"But, you are not as good as JWP, Romeu, Smallbone or Diallo, you will have to wait"

"Well in that case I'll leave"

Gamble on both sides, will he get back to Prem club and wages? Time will tell, but right now he's 5th choice and didn't like it

2 minutes ago, Mustapha Fag said:

So it comes down to this

"But, you are not as good as JWP, Romeu, Smallbone or Diallo, you will have to wait"

Gamble on both sides, will he get back to Prem club and wages? Time will tell, but right now he's 5th choice and didn't like it

If I was him and saw Jack Stephens playing CM ahead of me I'd have been out of the door too. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2021 at 08:50, Mustapha Fag said:

So it comes down to this

I think your suggested dialogue (above) was about right.

Having a 19 year old demanding a transfer because he wasn't chosen for the first team ...shows a lot of bravado to say the least,

but I don't see it washing with Ralph.   Well....he got his debut and  2 minutes of infamy that didn't help our GD last season.

Talented he may have been, but the MU Game wasn't his only red card in a Saints shirt.

In the first half of last season with the B team... he got half-a dozen yellow cards and a red too. 

Perhaps shows another side of his character that future clubs will want to look at carefully. 

Via Dan Sheldon this morning:

Sources have told The Athletic that Southampton will receive an initial £1 million for the sale, although that could rise to £4 million depending on certain clauses being met.

The St Mary’s hierarchy are also understood to have included a sell-on clause, around the 30-35 per cent mark, should Young Boys sell Jankewitz. That, however, will decrease if the overall fee rises to the £4 million threshold.

• 1 month later...
On 12/07/2021 at 16:49, Cartman said:

His performance against Man Utd will be remembered for decades... much like Ali Dia's against Leeds. Closest we have come to replacing the legend that is George Weah's cousin.

Ralph hasn't had much time for him since that match. I still feel that a decent referee, just minutes into the game, would have shown him a yellow card and had a sharp word in his ear to calm down. Sod's Law it was Mike Dean and he whipped that red card out before McTominay had finished rolling over and over. I wish him well at Young Boys. I think they have Man Utd in their Champions League group. Go on Alex, score a few, lad.  

1 hour ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

Ralph hasn't had much time for him since that match. I still feel that a decent referee, just minutes into the game, would have shown him a yellow card and had a sharp word in his ear to calm down. Sod's Law it was Mike Dean and he whipped that red card out before McTominay had finished rolling over and over. 

It was one of the most obvious red cards ever, absolutely no doubt about it. You’re too biased. 

• Like 4

On 27/08/2021 at 13:47, Fatboy40 said:

But he was our Lord and Saviour, the player to save the club 🤣

As is any player who

a) doesn’t get to play

b) is sold before he gets a chance to show what a world beater he could be.

The worst thing you can do is actually play regularly and have an off game here and there, that’s a Saintsweb career destroyer 😉 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On the bench for the Young Boyz tonight in their win over United (how bad is that for Ronaldo and co 😅).

It would appear that Young Boyz were aware of his last outing vs United as they sensibly chose to leave him on the bench for the full game. The result, this time it was united getting the red card and humiliatingly losing the game 👌🏼

• Lighthouse changed the title to Alexandre Jankewitz